Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I'm not sure if this is a post-processing question per se, but I just got Photoshop CC and thus have to rejigger everything, but is there a reason why the "Export As" function that Photoshop keeps pushing me isn't color managed? Thank goodness that Save For Web is still there, but am I missing something or is there no way to use Export As to create files with the same colors as I see in Photoshop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So having used it for the past six months or so, Adobe Creative Cloud is a piece of poo poo right? Like most of the time it doesn't even open for me until I restart the computer for some weird rear end reason. And then when I open a file in Bridge to Photoshop, it disables my GPU process for some reason or just flat out refuses to open the file (without an error or anything), even though it's clearly a process in my task manager.

Is this a common experience? Is :filez:ing software I'm paying for the best recourse or is there something I'm missing?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I'm not sure whether this is the best thread for this question or the general photography thread is, but can anyone recommend a good monitor for post processing? I've been using a 5ish year old Dell 2209WA and it does its job well, but was wondering if there was anything newer on the market since it is about that time to get new computer stuff. The resolution in particular is sorta comparatively low on this monitor, which I realize isn't that big a deal for photography, but I like to play games too.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

This might be a dumb question, but what is the easiest way to make something into a silhouette?

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 29, 2017

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Sauer posted:

Try using Luminosity Masks. You'll probably still end up getting some of the foreground as well but you'll have less to unselect.

This advice and video were awesome, thanks!

• Locked thread