Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
After hand-tinting a black and white photograph, duplicate the layer, set a high pass radius on it of about 15 pixels, and set the opacity at around 20-25% to enrich the colors on the finished work for a vintage look. Also, have fun with the colors...I have no idea what color clothing the people in the famous photograph below were wearing, so I just used my imagination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
I keep hearing people refer to a "topaz" something in reference to post-processing. What is it?

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

diarrhea for girls posted:

Topaz Adjust, probably.
http://www.topazlabs.com/topazlabs/03products/topaz_adjust/

I don't like a lot of what comes out after being ran through it, but some people swear by it.

edit: I suppose when used in moderation it does have some decent results, but as you can see by those examples, some of that is just horribly over processed.

The effect does look pretty cool, but I do think at a certain point you really shouldn't call it a photograph anymore.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

brad industry posted:

:rolleyes: I tend to think photography is a pretty broad medium, you can't just lump poo poo you don't like in with painting.

We can call it a "paintograph"

• Locked thread