Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
Some grindcore thats as foot tapping and funky as Pig Destroyer.

e: something equally well produced would be nice too.

spe fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 31, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
Been into my noise rock for a while with stuff like Jesus Lizard, Big Black, Lightning Bolt, godheadsilo, Jehu etc but I just recently heard Mindflayer and it freakin owns!

What other bands are like this with the more dischordant style and off the wall madness in the tunes? I am freakin loving their Take Your Skin Off album!

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
Yea I've heard Young Widows before and they own. Witch Hats defos sound sweet tho will give em a proper listen.

Also

Bonk posted:

I don't know if you'd put them in the same genre (math rock maybe?), but I've been listening to a lot of indie rock with weird experimental guitar work like Mew, Deerhunter, and Battles.

What else has the same feel? (I already know about Hella)

They a bit harsher than indie rock sometimes but give Tera Melos a spin, their self titled album owns a lot as does Complex Full of Phantoms, a split with a more metally band called By The End of Tonight. Might as well mention the Drugs to the Dear Youth ep too since thats also solid.

The guitarist from Tera Melos and awesome drummer legend man Zach Hill of Hella recently made an album together under the name Bygones, considering such a sweet pairing I found it a bit middle of the road but you never know, give it a try dude!

e: to clarify this is from a Battles/Hella standpoint I'm not too familiar with Deerhoof or Mew but I'd like to hear what ppl have to say about em as I'm sure I've heard sweet deerhoof songs in the past.

e2: nvm was getting confused with Deerhoof and Deerhunter lol

spe fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Aug 31, 2009

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
I'm looking for something along the lines of Owen Pallet/Final Fantasy but the last fm recommendations aren't what I'm looking for.

I dunno how to explain this properly but Arcade Fire & Grizzly Bear aren't it. I'm digging the contemporary orchestral type arrangements, its mostly strings & a bit of rhythm I guess but I suppose the closest I can think is that it sounds a bit like soundtrack music at times.

Ughh I dunno, I hope someone knows what I'm mumbling about.

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
I've been on a slowcore kick recently and I'm wondering if theres much else out there that sounds like The White Bitch by Codeine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spe
Aug 28, 2007

All Stocked Up
I want to listen to a band as slick and cool and dude as Karp, who is out there? It isn't the Melvins.

If it isn't possible to be slicker cooler and duder than Karp then please ignore this post!