Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Braincrash posted:

Right now I'm liking alot of Shoegaze/Ambient/Noise/Punk, kinda like No Age, My Bloody Valentine, The Jesus and Mary Chain and Deerhunter

I like shoegaze but I get a bit sick of the dream poppy variety, can anyone recommend something a bit more aggressive and noisy?

In addition to what was already posted I have to recommend Crocodiles and (especially!) The Vandelles. Check out Summer of Hate and Del Black Aloha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Saucepan Man posted:

I want some RAGTIME piano. We were listening to some of it in my musical appreciation class and I have been really enjoying it. We didn't really stray to far away from talking about Scott Joplin, but I'm defiantly looking for something very energetic and fast, the best ragtime!

I don't know if this quite constitutes "ragtime," but it's neat piano music. I'm always picking up entertaining-looking vinyl records from thrift stores, and one day I came across this:

Crazy Otto rules. I especially like the parts where he's just so into it he unconsciously begins going "la la da-daaa" along with the music. Here, I found some samples on the internet. I guess you can still buy his stuff! http://www.ilike.com/artist/Crazy+Otto/songs There's also a mention on the back of the record about some electric noisemaking box or something he invented, but it doesn't make an appearance in the music. Unfortunate.