Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I apologise as I've just looked at the type of music I've written below and realised that although in my head they all occupy the same kindof area to most other people it's probably going to look random and unhelpful.

I am looking for some dramatic, classical type music in the vein of soundtracks to films and games. My long term favourites have included;

Nobuo Uematsu's work (One Winger Angel, Jenova, Liberi Fatali, Dancing Mad)
Hans Zimmer (Dream is Collapsing, Mombasa, Mollosus)
Chemical Brothers (Come with US album, Hanna OST - Container Park)
Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica - Prelude to War, Kara Remembers)
Shunsuke Kida (Demon's Souls)
Philip Glass (Pruit Igeo, Metamorphosis)
Trent Reznor (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Rob D (Clubbed to Death, Furious Angels)
X-Ray Dog, Audiomachine, various 'trailer music' companies.
Craig Armstrong (Ball)
John Murphy (28 days later theme)
Clint Mansell (Moon OST)
Celldweller (Under my feet, even though the opening line is so whiney)
And more traditional classics such as In the Halls of the Mountain King, O Fortuna.

I like music that is evocative. Music that helps fire off your imagination; fighting between good guys and bad guys, building tension, pulls forward emotions in you that you wouldn't feel if you were just sat there picking your nose. I always have music on when I'm writing and developing characters, scenes, settings.

I've been trying to find new stuff for a while but I seem to just end up going in circles in the collection I already have.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions anyone can offer.

Lethemonster fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU