Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Kvlt! posted:

Scissorfight isnt as heavy as Weedeater but does that kinda sludge/doom sound with a tiny lil dose of Southern rock mixed in

Dixie Witch kinda on this wave too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Anybody have any favorite acoustic instrumental artists? Anything lowtempo from Ry Cooder sprawling blues to jazzy cafe stuff, I'm not picky.

Kaki King
Paco de Lucia
Django Reinhardt

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Megabound posted:

Khruangbin hit that vibe for me, I really like this live set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xKvHANqjk

As for a studio album I’d say Con Todo El Mundo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ4smc076yo

Khruangbin just doesn't quite do it for me. I keep coming back to them because they're so adjacent to stuff I like that I feel like I'm supposed to be into them. I get what they're doing and I generally like the vibe but something just doesn't hook me. I think they're too trebly. The elements of that Plaid track I really like are the just barely there beat, clean guitar on the neck pickup with the highs turned down, and general ethereal floatiness.

Thanks though! I listened to both those all the way through.

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 25, 2024

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Did Paco de Lucia break out into jazzy/proggy/fusion stuff other than his work with McLaughlin and DiMeola? I only ever listened to Friday Night in SF (Mediterranean Sundance is a banger btw) and his flamenco stuff.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Planet X posted:

I love Dixie Witch. Do they still play? I lived in Austin 20 years ago and saw them a bunch then.

I think it's been over 20 years since I last saw them :corsair:

I don't know, since I'm not in the south anymore. I'd sure as hell see em if I got the chance. I think a lot of those bands mostly hung it up by now though.

E: yeah it looks like they're pretty dormant along with Suplecs, Supagroup, Syrup, etc

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 1, 2024