Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

I'm looking for more spacey late 60s/early 70s kind of psychedelic/krautrock. Think long, spacey, free-improv kind of jams. Stuff along the lines of Ash Ra Tempel, Gam, No-Neck Blues Band, and ZeN (the Turkish band, I think there might be more than one by that name). It doesn't have to be from this specific era but I included a date range to give more of an idea about what I'm looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

slowdave posted:

Check out Pärson Sound from Sweden and related projects, such as Harvester/International Harvester and Träd, Gräs och Stenar.

Sorry to nitpick, by the way, but No-Neck Blues Band are contemporary.

Well aware they are contemporary, I just wanted to illustrate the kind of spacey weirdness I'm looking for.

And thanks everyone for the recommendations. Can, Tangerine Dream, and Neu! were not new to me, but everything else I had either never heard of or never listened to.

crazyfish fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 3, 2011

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

Chinaski posted:

Is this the same Gam from Savannah GA who did Thunderbomb, Beer Planet, and the Phase 8 album?

I don't think so though I don't know enough about the group to know for sure. http://www.discogs.com/artist/GAM This is the one I'm talking about, and the release I have is Gam 1976.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

slowdave posted:

What are the most essential of all the Wolf Eyes releases?

I've listened to close to 100 different Wolf Eyes releases. Out of what's widely available, these are essential:

Slicer
Human Animal
Dread
Burned Mind
Always Wrong
Black Vomit (collaboration with Anthony Braxton)

Really, the best way to experience Wolf Eyes is to see them live, and afterwards buy one (or all) of the random Wolf Eyes tapes off the table. But if you're in a part of the world where you can't, those above should be a good introduction.

crazyfish
Sep 19, 2002

What are the best DJ Screw mixes? Been listening to All Screwed Up and June 27th non-stop and I need more.