Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Keith Atherton posted:

Whoa - thanks! Yeah this the sort of stuff I was looking for.

The links are to:

Indian Summer - Angry Son
Boy's Life - Sleeping Off Summer
I dunno if this will be helpful to you but I find this Chrome extension invaluable for browsing threads with lots of embedded youtubes: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sa-forums-lightweight-thr/ijdihgeikohegdnjbbgjkdaahpbkpnef

It's nice because it allows you to keep the embedding feature on SA on (letting you see the video title, etc.) without having to deal with huge load times while dozens of youtubes load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

NESguerilla posted:

Check out Phantogram for sure.
Yeah, this, specifically the track Fall in Love (though the vocal styles are pretty distinctly different)

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh no I used the word dethcore when I should have said something else, shoot me :rolleyes: you know what I meant.

I wasn't just asking for more Mastodon at all. You seem to have misunderstood me. Mastodon was just meant to be an example of a band that is still playing in 2015, making metal, and not doing horrible vocals.

Elder is pretty cool, but I wasn't asking for psychadelic prog-metal specifically. I said I wanted stuff like Mastodon, Metallica, Iron Maiden or Dethklok, among other things. Only one of those bands is remotely proggy. If I wanted psychadelic music I would have asked for that, but I didn't on purpose. Don't assume you know my own tastes better than me.
Actually, I don't think you really have a very good idea of what you're talking about so you're not in a very good position to be getting all snippy, dude. Henchman of Santa was being perfectly civil, no need to be a prick.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
Let's get back on track with recs, enough about that guy.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

alansmithee posted:

This is all pretty much extremely my poo poo.

I'd also seriously recommend checking out other DefJux dudes in general. Mr. Lif's stuff would probably be up your alley for sure. Hangar 18 put out a couple of really fun albums, as did Rob Sonic (who's still going). Aesop Rock is hit or miss depending on who you ask but None Shall Pass is a great album.
I'd specifically mention Mr. Lif - I Phantom and the Emergency Rations EP (Phantom is a standout track, maybe top 10 all time for me), and also I agree on Aesop Rock but Daylight, Nightlight, and No Regrets are terrific tracks (from Labor Days and the Daylight EP)