Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I'm looking for more stuff such as Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin/The Rocket Summer -- for the most part pop-piano/rock (not really into Ben Folds/The Fray though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Mr. Belding posted:

I kind of want something like Mayday Parade, but where they bring out the rock elements a little more and tone the pop down a little. Something closer to "Black Cat" or "Walk on Water or Drown" than "Jamie All Over".

So, you know, heavy pop-punk with technical guitar and melodic vocals.

You could try Anberlin -- it's more rock though. Never Take Friendship Personal is their best album I think, although I love them all -- some of the songs on New Surrender are their best yet

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Anything similar to:

The Dangerous Summer
The Starting Line
The Spill Canvas

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

winvirus posted:

Can anyone recommend some good pianists with strong vocals? Or just anything that has a great piano tune and good singing too.

Jack's Mannequin
Something Corporate

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Anyone able to recommend anything similar to:

The Dangerous Summer
The Starting Line
The Spill Canvas

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

FateFree posted:

I like lyrics, Im not really look for JUST synth songs, i like it when regular songs have them mixed in or embedded.

The new Owl City was another good example.

if you like Owl City, try Lights - she's like the female version of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Can anyone recommend some Shpongle-type ambient music? I've heard most of the simliar artists lists on last.fm and what not, but those just tend to be really electronic/fast/trance instead of just "nature-like" if that makes sense. Something I'd be able to fall asleep to