Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

There's probably hundreds if not thousands of fantastic modern garage rock bands, but here's a few: The Mummies, Thee Headcoats, Thee Oh Sees, Cheap Time (and anything released by In the Red Records), Carbonas (and almost anything released by Douchemaster Records).

Thanks for this. I didn't realize that I was already listening to a bunch of bands already on In The Red (King Khan, Dirtbombs, Reigning Sound) and this pointed me in the right direction to more awesome garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Nigel Tufnel posted:

Reposting a previous request that didn't get any love.

Been digging Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska recently. Do any of his other albums sound like that? Lo-fi country and a poo poo load of reverb. Aside from Springsteen who else does this? I know my Dylan btw.

Check out The Ghost Of Tom Joad, there's not as much in the way of reverb but it is the closest album of Bruce's to Nebraska as far as subject matter and atmosphere. I'd say Tom Joad is more of a downer though.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

dailydares posted:

Looking for more stuff like The Exploding Hearts, Gentleman Jesse & His Men, Clorox Girls, The Marked Men, Carbonas, Beat Beat Beat, Customers, Mean Jeans, White Wires, The Wax Museums, The Hex Dispensers...

I'm gonna assume you've scoured the Dirtnap Records catalog considering you listed a bunch of their roster, but if you haven't.. you should.