Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
Anyone recommend any indie or rock bands that use a lot of world music influences? Especially indian or middle eastern stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
I really like old school Hip Hop, but generally stuff that could be labelled "Alternative Hip Hop" Artists like Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, The Roots, Pharcyde, Mos Def

I especially love Tribe because its usually kind of fun stuff like "Left my wallet in El Segundo" There just doesnt seem to be much new stuff that has this fun party kind of vibe to it but I am probably not looking in the right places.

Any suggestions for newer artists similar to this? I really like Lou Phelps who i came across by accident, but i think he is a good example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61SXFBDL2nc