Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaoticSeven
Aug 11, 2005

I've been in a complete musical dead end for like 7 loving years. I just don't have any connection to anything that seems to be remotely popular or easy to find these days, and I'm sick to death of all the old poo poo. The last group that had more than a song or two I really enjoyed was The Black Keys. Oh, and The White Stripes.

The Phantom Band released Checkmate Savage a while back and they had two songs I enjoyed. The Howling and The Island. I like most all of Johnny Cash's poo poo he recorded from 1995 and up, not just Hurt. I found a song by the Drive By Truckers "Goddamn Lonely Love" but when I looked up the rest of their stuff I was left cold. A lot of the opinions they expressed ( or at least seemed to)just really clashed with my views. Especially "Puttin People on the Moon." Jesus, I wanted to vomit listening to that.

Now I'll just list random poo poo I've enjoyed.

Everclears first Album, a smattering of individual songs past that.

The Mother Hips, most of Kiss the Crystal Flake. Except "Time Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear".

I have Van Morrisons entire discography but usually only put on Moondance.

The track "New Moon Rising" of the new Wolfmother cd.

Anyway, for the love of God some people help me not be bored and apathetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaoticSeven
Aug 11, 2005

emminou posted:

You might like The Heavy. Songs: Coleen; I'm Not That Kind of Man; Sixteen.

The Checks, Cold War Kids.

In a more country-ish vein, there's also Deadstring Brothers; they cover quite a lot of country standards like Long Black Veil if you like that kind of thing.

Thanks! I actually found out I like Cold War Kids and The Heavy to a lesser extent. Deadstring Brothers seems to be a miss, though it may be the videos on Youtube were such low quality I couldn't feel them.

Anyone else have some ideas?

quote:

I've been in a complete musical dead end for like 7 loving years. I just don't have any connection to anything that seems to be remotely popular or easy to find these days, and I'm sick to death of all the old poo poo. The last group that had more than a song or two I really enjoyed was The Black Keys. Oh, and The White Stripes.

The Phantom Band released Checkmate Savage a while back and they had two songs I enjoyed. The Howling and The Island. I like most all of Johnny Cash's poo poo he recorded from 1995 and up, not just Hurt. I found a song by the Drive By Truckers "Goddamn Lonely Love" but when I looked up the rest of their stuff I was left cold. A lot of the opinions they expressed ( or at least seemed to)just really clashed with my views. Especially "Puttin People on the Moon." Jesus, I wanted to vomit listening to that.

Now I'll just list random poo poo I've enjoyed.

Everclears first Album, a smattering of individual songs past that.

The Mother Hips, most of Kiss the Crystal Flake. Except "Time Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear".

I have Van Morrisons entire discography but usually only put on Moondance.

The track "New Moon Rising" of the new Wolfmother cd.

I guess I might need to come to terms with the fact that, maybe, nothing is being made anymore that I would like.