Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peglegington
Jun 2, 2006

Hmmm.... yes.
A few weeks ago I had my whole collection on shuffle while doing some work (writing stuff) when Postal Service came on. I personally think they're just alright and don't listen to them that often, but I played through their one-and-only CD and it synced up with my work in such a way that I was really in the zone. Since then, whenever I do creative work I pop on that CD and groove and do some great work.

After so many album repeats, though, it's wearing on me but I'm craving something with a similar sound/tempo so I can continue my zen-like work trance. Any suggestions? It's just ambient enough, and just the right speed to be my work soul mate (at least for the moment).

Thanks.

Edit: I did check allmusic, but wasn't feeling their suggestions. Maybe Postal Service is a zen fluke.

Peglegington fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peglegington
Jun 2, 2006

Hmmm.... yes.

scumble posted:

The easiest thing to tell you is Dntel, which is the main project of one-half of the Postal Service (Jimmy Tamborello, I think? Probably spelled his name wrong). Ben Gibbard sticks to non-electronic stuff normally, so you probably won't want to follow him. I actually think there's a new album on the way, and at least two or three older ones you could get into. It's pretty much the same kind of thing- he makes the music and beats and gets a guest artist to do the vocals for each track.

Oh man thank you so much, this is great.

Peglegington
Jun 2, 2006

Hmmm.... yes.

OrganicRobot posted:

I suggested this in the last thread, but "Neon Golden" by Notwist is very similar to The Postal Service/Dntel.

AHHH so good, thanks.