Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MooglyGuy
Jun 14, 2006

Angry Hudson characters make me happy
I am currently looking for any songs that are upbeat or "happy"-sounding, and would fit well for a photo / video montage. Two songs that I can think of immediately offhand that at least somewhat fit the bill are:

Young Rascals - Good Loving
BoDeans - Closer To Free

Some more specific criteria that might narrow things down is that I would really prefer that the song have a point at which all of the music and vocals stop, then pick up again after a brief pause. Good Loving fits that bill, but Closer To Free, unfortunately, does not.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MooglyGuy
Jun 14, 2006

Angry Hudson characters make me happy

signalnoise posted:

Perhaps the happiest song I know without going into bubblegum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwjXgskUN50

The lyrics are pretty happy, true. The tempo isn't quite as fast as I'm looking for, though.

Another good example of what I'm looking for came up on my iPod this morning on the way to work, The Ramones' cover of I Don't Want To Grow Up. I'd post a YouTube link, but the only example of it is too loud and clips so badly you can barely hear the music.

Elder posted:

I'd like to get some loungy, semi-upbeat jazz, maybe with a 70's kinda feel to it. The kind that makes you feel good, but in a pretty relaxed kinda way. I wish I could add more but I'm not really sure how to describe it. Oh, no vocals, or at least minimal vocals.

Now that I think about it, the album End of the World Party by Medeski Martin & Wood is in the right vein although it's probably a bit more upbeat and non-traditional/odd than I'm thinking.

Have you tried Fourplay yet?