Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Was it just Canadian based one or all of them (tm) ?

Edit. Anyone want two packs cheap? Check out Wal Borg.
Free shipping with site to store on most.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Stage of History posted:

Whoa, great deal. I was able to get the Cap/Fury pack shipped to store, and a $5 Indy Mugg shipped to my house. For whatever reason, shipping a Mugg costs just $0.97

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

$34.98 for all 4 2 packs is an awesome deal.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I posted this in the figure swap thread, but has anybody had any luck with the Watchmen figures yet? The comic shops here only had Silk Spectre. I'll pay for a Nite Owl and Rorschach if anybody runs into them.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Louisgod posted:

I posted this in the figure swap thread, but has anybody had any luck with the Watchmen figures yet? The comic shops here only had Silk Spectre. I'll pay for a Nite Owl and Rorschach if anybody runs into them.

Night Owl is $15, Rorschach is $20 at our store. The Ozy figure is really nice too.

Let me know asap. I have no idea what shipping on them would be.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I've been watching a lot of bids on ebay and if you're patient you can get a full set for under $60. I got mad at myself the other day because I forgot when the set I was biddin on ended and it went for around $45 shipped, but thats the cheapest I've seen.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico
My local store has em all for 15 each, and you get like 4 bucks off if you buy the whole set. So if you want rorshack for 15 I can hook ya up

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Satch posted:

My local store has em all for 15 each, and you get like 4 bucks off if you buy the whole set. So if you want rorshack for 15 I can hook ya up

If you're able to get Rorschach and Nite Owl I'd totally appreciate it. They can be shipped loose as well, so shipping should be cheap. If not, bairfanx can pick up Nite Owl. You guys rock.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Louisgod posted:

If you're able to get Rorschach and Nite Owl I'd totally appreciate it. They can be shipped loose as well, so shipping should be cheap. If not, bairfanx can pick up Nite Owl. You guys rock.

I'll hit the store tomorrow morning, and get both (if I can, or course) unless bairfanx posts here. They do look really nice, too, but 15 is too much for me for a figure. I am cheap.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Stage of History posted:

Was it just Canadian based one or all of them (tm) ?

God drat it, just spent full price for a Fury/Cap two pack, and have all the rest except the F4 one. I would have preferred a deal but at least the 2 packs are, in my opinion, considerably better quality than the single figures we're getting.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I don't think this was posted in the last thread, but here's the lineup of DCUC series 9

Black Adam
Black Canary
Guardian
Deadshot
Green Arrow
Mantis
Wildcat
BAF: Chemo

Mantis is about as obscure as they come, and I'm hoping for Chemo to be glow in the dark or some sort of translucent green material.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 6, 2009

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Satch posted:

I'll hit the store tomorrow morning, and get both (if I can, or course) unless bairfanx posts here. They do look really nice, too, but 15 is too much for me for a figure. I am cheap.

I'll get him a Nite Owl if you can't, but life would likely be easier if it came from one source. I was a bit miffed that the owner was selling Rorschach for more, but, well, I can't really blame him. And I only want Ozy and Doc Manhattan anyway...

Anukahn
Jul 22, 2006

My brain hurts
Guessing this is the thread where to ask for opinions/suggestions about this custom?

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Fish Of Doom posted:

I don't think this was posted in the last thread, but here's the lineup of DCUC series 9

Black Adam
Black Canary
Guardian
Deadshot
Green Arrow
Mantis
Wildcat

Mantis is about as obscure as they come, and I'm hoping for Chemo to be glow in the dark or some sort of translucent green material.

YES! My patience for a Black Adam figure has paid off. Now they just have to deliver.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anukahn posted:

Guessing this is the thread where to ask for opinions/suggestions about this custom?

Cute!

DCUC guy posted:

Black Adam
Black Canary
Guardian
Deadshot
Green Arrow
Mantis
Wildcat

Seven figs? What are the variants?

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
Pictures of Magneto/Iceman Muggs :

http://www.britepic.com/gallery.php...ro%3A&caption=3
http://www.britepic.com/gallery.php...ords=&caption=4

Those might be at NYCC, if they are I'll stop by the booth and see if there's anything else.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

bairfanx posted:

I'll get him a Nite Owl if you can't, but life would likely be easier if it came from one source. I was a bit miffed that the owner was selling Rorschach for more, but, well, I can't really blame him. And I only want Ozy and Doc Manhattan anyway...

Speaking of, any word on when series 2 of the Watchmen figures comes out?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Black Adam
Black Canary
Guardian
Deadshot
Green Arrow
Mantis
Wildcat

So getting every figure.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
I'm calling bullshit on that wave, as cool as it is. DC's Collect and Connect figures are made from five pieces, which means five main figures with variants. Those are seven separate characters, none seem like plausible variants of another.

Sucks, because that is a neat lineup.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
From NYCC.

The following is what Hasbro has in the works for the Marvel series!

* Walmart exclusive 3 3/4" Marvel Universe 2-packs called Gigantic Battles. This 2-pack will consist of a figure will be around 12-13" and another regular 3 3/4" in size and estimate cost of $25.00. These 2-packs will be hitting Walmart in Fall of 2009.

* Exclusively to Toys R' Us will be 3-packs. One set will be Spider-Man and his amazing friends with Spider-Man, Firestar and Iceman.

* The Marvel Legends 2-packs with Iron Man that was shown at SDCC originaly are now Toys R' Us and Diamond Previews exclusives.

* Hasbro is going to be running a poll on their website starting very soon where people vote for their top 5 characters they want made.

* Nick Fury is a mail-away exclusive figure.

* Marvel Legends Skrull/Kree 2-pack is a Diamond Previews exclusive.

I am loving pissed. They got a big sign up with pretty much every wanted character that folks have been wanting for Legends since the beginning up saying "Who Will Be the Newest Members of the Marvel Universe?" Yea what a way to piss of the collectors more.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pics of all that stuff are up at MarvelousNews.com

Personally, I got excited over the new Marvel muggs (Magneto, Iceman, Unmasked Spidey and Green Goblin), especially with the rumor that the muggs line was being killed off.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It seems that Magneto and Iceman are Target exclusives. I wonder if GG and Spidey are the wavemates.

Also, this:

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico
Rorschach and nite owl attained. Loiusgod drop me a pm

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Those new muggs and some of the new superhero squad had me really excited. Scarlet Spider!

And as long as they maintain some of the quality on display I'm looking forward to the new line of figures. Those Wal-Mart exclusives with the big figures are a really good idea and much easier to pull off in this scale.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm actually pretty happy Legends for 2008 will just be what we seen. It's nice to have a year off.

SDCC is going to be exciting though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Screw Marvel, I know what's getting my money this year:

First two are two-ups of the 6" plastic figures. 3rd one is the 12" clothed line.

More pics here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14043

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 6, 2009

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.

The_Doctor posted:

First two are two-ups of the 6" plastic figures. 3rd one is the 12" clothed line.

Winston gets no love.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The_Doctor posted:

Hot drat those are loving AMAZING! All my money is now going to Mattel!

Just made a blog post about the Hasbro thing, but I wanted to show off the picture I made here.

http://www.djarum.org/blog/?p=84

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

I'm calling bullshit on that wave, as cool as it is. DC's Collect and Connect figures are made from five pieces, which means five main figures with variants. Those are seven separate characters, none seem like plausible variants of another.

Why? Series 8 has 7 figures not including varients. Mattel said they were adding more than 5 to each series.

The series 8 BAF Giganta is apparently going to be huge, like bigger than Grundy huge, so they may split it up into more parts than 5. If Chemo's that big, it's probably the same.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
gently caress, those Ghostbusters are amazing.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

How'd you guys miss this?

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I wondered how long it'd be before we saw a Goblin.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

Oh... oh god. That's better than I could have hoped for. I'll definitely be picking it up.

I'm just starting to get into Mighty Muggs. Iron Man and Snake Eyes were my first. They are definitely a drug in toy form.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Those "Gigantic Battles" are going to be awesome to replace that old chase Goliath from way back.

I also don't like how Mattel is staggering the release of the Ghostbusters stuff, they are using the same body for two of them already put them out in a box set ... I'd hate to have an incomplete team because of lack of interest. I'll probably wait til the end now to make sure I get the four.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 7, 2009

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Anukahn posted:

Try using a more diffuse source of light for photos, it'll hide the brushstrokes better. Other than that, it's great!

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

Satsuki posted:

Those "Gigantic Battles" are going to be awesome to replace that old chase Goliath from way back.

I also don't like how Mattel is staggering the release of the Ghostbusters stuff, they are using the same body for two of them already put them out in a box set ... I'd hate to have an incomplete team because of lack of interest. I'll probably wait til the end now to make sure I get the four.

I wouldn't. They'll probably be mattycollector.com exclusive and if they sell like the MOTU stuff the only way you're getting one after the initial offering is ebay scalpers.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

JohnThermos posted:

I wouldn't. They'll probably be mattycollector.com exclusive and if they sell like the MOTU stuff the only way you're getting one after the initial offering is ebay scalpers.

Correct. Which I am a little puzzled why they aren't releasing the Ghostbusters stuff in stores. It seems by the reaction they are getting they would sell like gangbusters.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

Oh hey, suck it.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=09_NYCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel&start=20

Wildcat and Mantis are the ones with varients. It seems their BAFs are 6 pieces now (probably made the head a separate piece from the body), and the one A list hero (Green Arrow) will come with a display base.

Also, holy poo poo, look at that 30" anti monitor figure. Looks to be some sort of mail away promotion.

And this guy is too awesome. I don't care for half of the characters in that set, but I may get them just for Chemo

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 7, 2009

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Oh man, I'm quite envious of anyone who wins one of those Anti-Monitors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If Chemo turns out as good as that proto, it may be the first DCUC BAF I get.