Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

JohnThermos posted:

I wouldn't. They'll probably be mattycollector.com exclusive and if they sell like the MOTU stuff the only way you're getting one after the initial offering is ebay scalpers.

Which is even worse because they'll be $19.99 + $8.00 shipping each time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
The Punisher Mighty Muggs are out in full force in Illinois. He was actually the first Mugg that I ever bought, I mean, you just can't pass him up; he's got alot of charm.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Hey, anybody who has the Watchmen figures, there's this little piece that comes with Rorschach (and maybe the others, haven't opened them yet) that looks like a 2 cm long parallelogram and I can't figure out what the hell it's for. It must have something to do with the base that he comes with, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Help?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Colonel Whitey posted:

Hey, anybody who has the Watchmen figures, there's this little piece that comes with Rorschach (and maybe the others, haven't opened them yet) that looks like a 2 cm long parallelogram and I can't figure out what the hell it's for. It must have something to do with the base that he comes with, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Help?

I think it's for attaching all of the bases together.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Screw Marvel, I know what's getting my money this year:

First two are two-ups of the 6" plastic figures. 3rd one is the 12" clothed line.

More pics here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14043

drat, Fall 2009. Their site says June for the 12 inch, guess they pushed them all back, still loving fantastic though.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I think it's for attaching all of the bases together.

That makes sense. It'd be nice if they included some kind of diagram of how that's supposed to work.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Goddamn, Mattel.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Goddamn, Mattel.

Fuuuuuuck... Please tell me that is Movie Masters. If so my Joker is getting a new head.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

Fuuuuuuck... Please tell me that is Movie Masters. If so my Joker is getting a new head.

Yeah, that's apparently wave 5's "Jail Cell Joker"

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, that's apparently wave 5's "Jail Cell Joker"

Just saw the pics. It's a 2 up, so god knows how long it is going to be until we see it. I might as well still go along with my hydroshrink of the Hot Toys head.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

Oh hey, suck it.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=09_NYCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel&start=20

Wildcat and Mantis are the ones with varients. It seems their BAFs are 6 pieces now (probably made the head a separate piece from the body), and the one A list hero (Green Arrow) will come with a display base.

Also, holy poo poo, look at that 30" anti monitor figure. Looks to be some sort of mail away promotion.

And this guy is too awesome. I don't care for half of the characters in that set, but I may get them just for Chemo

Oh man DCUC 9 looks like the best wave since Grundy. Also re: the display bases, a lot of the core DC superheroes are getting re-released with display bases instead of the BAF parts, from series 1 Batman to the Flash that's not even out yet. afaik they're being mixed in with cases of new DCUC lines so they'll always be a recognizable superhero on the shelves.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Travis343 posted:

the Flash that's not even out yet.

I've seen Flash in two different stores.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Fisto posted:

I've seen Flash in two different stores.

living in Oklahoma sucks. Ill have to start camping targets again.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Travis343 posted:

living in Oklahoma sucks. Ill have to start camping targets again.

They were both Wal-Marts if that helps.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Walmart is where I found my Hawkman like weeks before wave 6 hit anywhere else so it looks like their distribution problems are a thing of the past. Good to know.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Goddamn, Mattel.

HOLY poo poo. I just jizzed in my pants.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I knew there would be some kind of payoff to those Anti-Monitor points, but holy poo poo am I happy I've been hoarding those things.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sanschel posted:

I knew there would be some kind of payoff to those Anti-Monitor points, but holy poo poo am I happy I've been hoarding those things.

How is this going to work? I thought it was a con exclusive thing.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

Fish Of Doom posted:

Oh hey, suck it.

Oh I got no problem admitting it when I'm wrong. It makes it easier when the reward for being wrong is this loving awesome.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Alrighty.. gonna buy the poo poo out the Gi Joe sized Iron Man and Captain Umerica.. and the Spidey and Friends 3-Pack.

Also which ones are YOU going to vote for?

I'm gonna vote for as many half naked chicks as possible so we can get a set which will be dubbed "Tit Wave"

Moonstone, Psylocke, Dagger, Stepford Trio.. heeeh... and Paper Bag Spidey? :/

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm gonna vote for not buying them since they're almost $10 for a 3" figure that's harming the 6" Legends line.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I can't get into that line at that price point for sure, but I'll probably buy the giants if they work.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Jet Ready Go posted:

Haha, that's so depressing. We'll never have ML sized figures of any of those.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I might adopt the smaller scale if they look decent in person, as I have been disappointed with the hasbro ML offerings and not collecting anything is boring. Especially if I can get a good psylocke, blink, or dagger character out of this stupid poll.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Jet Ready Go posted:

I would love a Domino in the 3.75 scale. ( Really all of the new X-Force.) Batroc, however, better not make it.

I like the characters that always have a poo poo-load of weaponry; I can't wait to make a little weapon cache display for Punisher and Deadpool. I've always wanted to do that with the 6" line, but it's nigh-on impossible to find weapons in that size.

In 3.75, however, those things are super easy/cheap to find.

Also, I'll be able to more feasibly make an Iron Man armory. Always wanted to do that, too, but the size was somewhat of an issue. (Also I'm kinda lazy about it.)

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Agrias120 posted:

I might adopt the smaller scale if they look decent in person, as I have been disappointed with the hasbro ML offerings and not collecting anything is boring. Especially if I can get a good psylocke, blink, or dagger character out of this stupid poll.

The chances of that are about as slim as having your balls ripped out and force feed back to you by a monkey.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Sanschel posted:

Have they been on the back of the figures or at the conventions?

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
I'm really thinking Cloak or Dagger, not both, would be amazing because it would piss people off.

I'd like Psylocke, Mystique, and Quasar....Tit wave.

e: Paper Bag Spiderman is a shoe in, of course.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Donde Esta posted:

Have they been on the back of the figures or at the conventions?

They come with the 3.75" figures, I believe.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm warming up to the 3.75" line, especially after seeing Spider-Man & Friends 3 Pack and knowing there may some day be a Baghead Spider-Man.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Djarum posted:

The chances of that are about as slim as having your balls ripped out and force feed back to you by a monkey.

Why do you have to do that? Let me dream in peace! One day I will have a Blink figure that isn't lovely and from the 90's.

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 20, 2021

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I just got a chance to look at that picture of the Pick-A-Hero for the first time on a real screen and not on my iPod, and I would kill for a Hood figure. I'd also really like a good Mary Jane, as the one I have from the first Spider-Man movie series is just so-so.

Are the ones on that poster the ones people that can be voted for? Because Blink isn't even on that list :colbert:.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Why is the Captain Britain pick his ugly old outfit and not his modern look? A Hood figure would be really cool though.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
If we get everyone in BSS to vote for Quasar we can still lose to any figure with boobs.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

tmfool posted:

This boggles my mind considering that the current Joker looks like this:

LOL.. yeah the paint app may not look as polished but the movie masters joker actually has a brilliantly sculpted face.. and with a little paint job can look pretty good.

At least to me.. :/ With my unprofessional painting hands..

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Jet Ready Go posted:

LOL.. yeah the paint app may not look as polished but the movie masters joker actually has a brilliantly sculpted face.. and with a little paint job can look pretty good.

At least to me.. :/ With my unprofessional painting hands..

The paint job is what killed it. Here's what I did to mine

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I found Marvel Universe figures today (minus Iron Man) today.
Verdict? I still don't like the scale.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Stage of History posted:

I found Marvel Universe figures today (minus Iron Man) today.
Verdict? I still don't like the scale.

Where?

Also, I ordered myself MU Deadpool and Gambit off of HTS today. The rest of the Wolverine figs look pretty pointless, character-wise. (Except maybe Maverick for him being an oddball character.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well I got some info today from someone that is connected that "the 4" line is a way to test market the reaction for some of these 6" figures. I think Toy Fair should have more 6"ers".

I am still not holding my breath. I am not going to say who said it but the person would have no reason to lie but I am not sure if he should have said anything to me and I don't want to get him into trouble.