Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That Maverick looks cool as hell, I wish I hadn't missed him before he went out of stock.

I wonder if the market for those Hulk Movie figures will go up if MU becomes a hit. They are all but gone nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I found em at Meijer. Probably not going to keep any, so jump on em if you're interested and want them before all your friends!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whatup

Saw the first assortment of MU little figures and they look terrible.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Man, I hate you.

I didn't get to go out for the last two days because of a severe headache that's kept me up the past two nights.. but gently caress drat what a bad time for that huh?

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

Rhyno posted:

Whatup

Saw the first assortment of MU little figures and they look terrible.

Whered you get them?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AlkalinePunk posted:

Whered you get them?

The comic shop I work at. We also got the new Marvel Universe figures in but we're not supposed to put those out until March.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Rhyno posted:

The comic shop I work at. We also got the new Marvel Universe figures in but we're not supposed to put those out until March.

Really? My friend said he saw them on shelves already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

Really? My friend said he saw them on shelves already.

Yeah, the big box retailers often don't give a poo poo about street dates for toys.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, the big box retailers often don't give a poo poo about street dates for toys.

Yeah, Meijer has 'em out in full force. I picked up some of them, and so far, only the Variant Human Torch (clear-plastic fire one) and X-force Wolverine are decent. Punisher's okay, but Bullseye and (both) Iron Man are crap. Iron man's really loose and Bullseye has a terrible paint job and can't even hold his knife without the wrapping on.

Maybe they'll work out the kinks in upcoming waves.

Also, that Fury Files site doesn't work. WTF?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Shiftypenguin posted:

Maybe they'll work out the kinks in upcoming waves.

Also, that Fury Files site doesn't work. WTF?

Come on this is Hasbro, we know they are just going to get worse.

I saw them in person today, and man do they look awful. I can't honestly believe that Hasbro expects people to 1: pay 8 bucks a pop for them and 2: take this as a worthwhile replacement for Marvel Legends.

They had them on the pegs right next to the GI Joes and Star Wars and both of those made the Marvel Universe figures look really bad.

You know what they look like, those really bad Mexican bootleg toys. Remember when the Phantom Menace came out and those real crappy bootlegs? Same quality and paint apps here. I really can't believe that Hasbro is releasing these in this state.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The "toy journalists" say the later waves look better. Why? Why not put your best foot forward or stagger your weak ones?
This is the scale Hasbro is good at, but come on!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Stage of History posted:

The "toy journalists" say the later waves look better. Why? Why not put your best foot forward or stagger your weak ones?

I don't take "toy journalists" very seriously because they are always on the take from companies, much like "video game journalists". I'll state it again, this line is going to be a huge failure for Hasbro. I think by SDCC you are going to see them scrambling to try to save face with something.

I'm just going to laugh and laugh while Mattel gets everything I own, including the dog and my soul.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

They also use weird words like "paint ops."
All I want to see in a drat review are pictures. I can see for myself what the thing looks like. And tell me if it fell apart.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Stage of History posted:

Why do people keep saying this?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

bgaesop posted:

Why do people keep saying this?
Because Star Wars toys have been in production in that scale since 1977 and have been pretty drat kickass, and only gotten better in terms of quality, sculpts, paint apps, etc as the years went by. v:shobon:v
If you added up all their sales figures since the company started, I'm pretty sure Star Wars toys are among their best sellers, up there with Transformers.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Quote isn't edit

NOW WITH A REAL EDIT!!!

First pictures of COBRA COMMANDER from the new GI JOE movie, in toy form!!! Consider this a spoiler, I guess! OH poo poo!

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 12, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Found the Iron Men from the first set, still probably going to return them.
So get em while they're hot!
I'm hoping to do a big update this weekend of what I still have left to sell. I got a basement and garage full of crap and some school loans/cc debt to finish off.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
DCUC Joker

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

DCUC Joker

Oh thank god a good quality picture appeared. Man that looks fantastic.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Fisto posted:

DCUC Joker

oh hell yes

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Joe Fisto posted:

DCUC Joker

When dammit when?!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The Action Man posted:

When dammit when?!

According to them next year. I know hurts me too.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Stage of History posted:

Found the Iron Men from the first set, still probably going to return them.
So get em while they're hot!
I'm hoping to do a big update this weekend of what I still have left to sell. I got a basement and garage full of crap and some school loans/cc debt to finish off.

Does this include the Wal-Mart Exclusive War Machine?

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Xenomrph posted:

Because Star Wars toys have been in production in that scale since 1977 and have been pretty drat kickass, and only gotten better in terms of quality, sculpts, paint apps, etc as the years went by. v:shobon:v
If you added up all their sales figures since the company started, I'm pretty sure Star Wars toys are among their best sellers, up there with Transformers.

That's a pretty good point. I wonder why they seem to be so much better at making SW toys that people actually like?

Joe Fisto posted:

DCUC Joker

It's official, DCUC has taken over as the best 6" mass market figures out there. For some reason we are incapable of having a good Marvel line and a good DC line simultaneously.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Doc Faustus posted:

Does this include the Wal-Mart Exclusive War Machine?

No :( But they're shipping again and I saw one at a store recently.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

bgaesop posted:

That's a pretty good point. I wonder why they seem to be so much better at making SW toys that people actually like?

Well to be fair Kenner/Hasbro have been the only people whom have ever made Star Wars toys. But the 3 3/4 inch scale works well for Star Wars because vehicles are a HUGE part of the Star Wars thing, same with G.I. Joe. Could you image playing with those without a X-Wing or a Skystriker?

Marvel stuff, or really comic stuff in general doesn't ever really need vehicles or even really playsets. The few vehicles in the Marvel Universe could be/have been done in 6 inch.

I'm actually kinda upset that we didn't get 6 inch Indy figures, since you know that movie killed the franchise.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Would a 7" Indy soothe you at all?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Djarum posted:

I'll state it again, this line is going to be a huge failure for Hasbro.

Haha! This loving line, I tell you...

Were Toybiz's superhero showdown figures this terribly painted, I can't remember?

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Feb 13, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

Haha! This loving line, I tell you...

Were Toybiz's superhero showdown figures this terribly painted, I can't remember?
No they just came in pieces.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Fish Of Doom posted:

So.. Punisher is a Mongoloid and the Johnny Storm is going Super Saiyan after someone urinated on his face.

On the other hand I thought Spidey and DD looked nice.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

bgaesop posted:

Would a 7" Indy soothe you at all?

It would be if it wasn't impossible to get and ugly as sin.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Hey, remember these guys?

Wasn't it neat when we could buy figures that looked like these?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Stage of History posted:

I found em at Meijer. Probably not going to keep any, so jump on em if you're interested and want them before all your friends!

Which did you have? Do you have pics?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

bgaesop posted:

Nice collection there! I wish mine was that good. I have major holes in my collection still.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
Saw 1 DCUC wave 7 in a wal-mart the freeze guy. Someone must have gotten the rest of the wave. Also saw a GL without the BAF part and a stand instead.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

Which did you have? Do you have pics?

It's in the trading thread. No pics because I'm not going to open them and probably return them if no one wants em by tomorrow.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

bgaesop posted:

I'm kind of relieved that ML is just going to a special release type of thing. I have two huge boxes filled with figures. There's still characters I'd want, but still, it was a good run.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Beanpants posted:

I'm kind of relieved that ML is just going to a special release type of thing. I have two huge boxes filled with figures. There's still characters I'd want, but still, it was a good run.
I'm kind of ready to call it its taking too much space in my basement which is why I'm getting rid of my non-superhero stuff.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I'm also ok with Marvel Legends slowing to a trickle. It's weirdly satisfying to have almost an entire line like this, with an end in sight. I wonder if interest in the old figures will ever dry up and it will be easier to patch up the few things I'm missing?

I remember back when the line first started, I was at Wizard World with some friends and we were joking about a Longshot Marvel Legend, just because it would stretch the definition of legend so much. And now look where we're at.

What would be the figure you guys would have most wanted a classic Marvel Legends version of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Thats easy, Extremis Iron Man, it seems that all we get is Modern Armor which Im not a big fan of. The movie design was great and close to it but not exactly like it enough.