Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Djarum posted:

Well it's a good move for Toys R Us since the Muggs are going to bring in solid money.

I read the that article that they canceled the Snakes Eye Mr. Potato head. Every one of those Movie themed Mr. Potato Heads have done real well and cost almost nothing to make. Hell I even own them.

Seriously is Hasbro ran by morons?

I am the President of Hasbro and you'll be excited to know we are only canceling popular "easy to produce" lines to gear up even better offerings.

What do we have on tap? GLAD YOU ASKED.

Just TRY not buying a toy of Optimus Prime riding a Motorcycle!

How about a Transformers/GI Joe that turns from Duke then into a Tank or something?

3 Words: Repaints! Repaints! Repaints!

Did somebody say Star Wars My Little Pony's?

We're also set to release 12 new Spider-Man Puzzles! One for every month of the year!

So you see.. this year is going to be a banner year for us. Better get those wallets ready folks!

- Signed
J.R. Douchebag
President of Hasbro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Great I got rid of all my SW stuff since I gave up on Katarn coming out.
Oh well.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Well thanks to reading this thread I broke down and bought a few of the DCUC figures today. Found parts of wave 4, sadly no Batman Beyonds, but was able to pick up WW, Artemis, and Ares and Cyborg. Might just collect the ones that I know who they are, but drat these are the figures that ML should be. Didn't realize Artemis was a variant, so was stoked about that. Has there be a decent red and blue Superman made without the mullet?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Stage of History posted:

I have some of these too. Do you know of a checklist :(

I don't think there is a "official" one as far as I know. Those that I have seen/bought are:

"Taters of the Lost Ark" (Indiana Jones and a little playset that makes noise. My favorite!)
Spider-Spud/Peter Tater (Spider-Man / Peter Parker)
Darth Tater (Darth Vader)
Spud Trooper (Storm Trooper)
R2-POTATOO (R2-D2)
Optimash Prime (Movie Optimus Prime)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Well, I was wondering where I'd find the money to purchase statues and busts. Thank you hasbro helping me out.

Anyone know a good place to get statues and busts? Seriously. Other than bbts.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
so is that x-men mighty mugg wave going to come out in walmart at all or will that be the first TRU marvel wave?

^^^If you have amazon prime I've noticed amazon occassionally has some on sale, and some of them are eligible for prime every so often. Wouldn't count on it being a reliable source though.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Djarum posted:

I don't think there is a "official" one as far as I know. Those that I have seen/bought are:

"Taters of the Lost Ark" (Indiana Jones and a little playset that makes noise. My favorite!)
Spider-Spud/Peter Tater (Spider-Man / Peter Parker)
Darth Tater (Darth Vader)
Spud Trooper (Storm Trooper)
R2-POTATOO (R2-D2)
Optimash Prime (Movie Optimus Prime)

There are also Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker potatoes.

Xenomrph posted:

Rebelscum.com has pics of 2009 Star Wars stuff. God damnit, between Star Wars and Transformers poo poo, hasbro is gonna get a LOT of money from me. :cry:

I've got THREE weaknesses when it comes to 3 3/4" Star Wars figures:
- rebel pilots
- astromech droids (like, R2-D2, those kind)
- expanded universe characters (well, most of them)

So with these new figures we're getting a shitload of all of those. Hell, we're getting not only a Kyle Katarn figure (player character from the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games) but an HK-47 figure. Oh yeah, and Corran Horn (with his astromech, no less).

I'm psyched about the Rancor 3.75" rerelease, I never got it the first time it came out and didn't like the tattooed one. Plus this one looks like it has a better paint job.

So many EU guys, I don't recognise half of them. Am I wrong in wanting new versions of most of the Shadows of the Empire guys? We got Xizor earlier this year, but I want a new version of Dash.

edit: I don't even collect these, but this is so awesome I may get him.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 16, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

he looks like he's gonna burst into a little cossack dance

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

They're making a new Epic Duels board game? That's great, the first one was awesome.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They're making a new Epic Duels board game? That's great, the first one was awesome.

gently caress yes it was. My friends and I still play it, and Darth Maul is still the best deck in the game. This will be great as an expansion to the original.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fingers McLongDong posted:

so is that x-men mighty mugg wave going to come out in walmart at all or will that be the first TRU marvel wave?

I think the press release said fall, meaning the xmen wave would be regular retailers but don't expect anything that's supposed to come out after SDCC to be in regular stores.

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 3, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

tmfool posted:

X-Men muggs are out. I picked Cyke up the other day.

gently caress these things are coming out too fast. My buddy already found Baroness and Destro.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
loving awesome, I find something I like and now it's going to Toys R Us with the nearest several hours away. On the plus side, my K Mart seems to be a dumping ground for other K Marts, so it gets Muggs at jacked up times. The Walmart doesn't carry them at all though, maybe that's the trade off.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

No loving way, I loved that game! I still have it, and I'm totally buying the gently caress out of the next one.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

profbobo posted:

Hahah, Muggs are Toys R Us exclusive now. gently caress 'em, Hasbro deserves to fail with stunts like that.

God dammit. I like being able to get off work at 2 or 3 in the morning, go to Wal-mart, and buy a mighty mugg. It doesn't help that the TRU here sucks balls.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well which one of you guys was this. This is the strangest message I've ever recieved on eBay, selling an extra Hulk figure.

hulk finder on ebay posted:

Hi would you have 5x classic green hulk 5x grey hulk, 5x king hulk,5x End Hulk ... Please let me know how many of each you may have and how much for everything with shipping...Please Let me KNow thank you..."
Note I didn't have half of those even listen in quanities of one.

On a side note, anyone finding the DCUC wave 7 case with the rereleases? or DCUC 5 for that matter ;(

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Stage of History posted:

Well which one of you guys was this. This is the strangest message I've ever recieved on eBay, selling an extra Hulk figure.

Note I didn't have half of those even listen in quanities of one.

On a side note, anyone finding the DCUC wave 7 case with the rereleases? or DCUC 5 for that matter ;(

My Wal-Mart has like 10 Riddlers, and maybe an Amazo or two. I was going to pick one up for someone on another board. You want one, too?

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

tmfool posted:

X-Men muggs are out. I picked Cyke up the other day.

did you find this at walmart or TRU?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

My Wal-Mart has like 10 Riddlers, and maybe an Amazo or two. I was going to pick one up for someone on another board. You want one, too?

Thanks for the offer but I'm broke until some auctions end unless there's something you'd want in trade.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Stage of History posted:

Thanks for the offer but I'm broke until some auctions end unless there's something you'd want in trade.

I'll trade either Amazo or Riddler for a Killer Moth if you still have one.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:( Nope
Looks like Meijer is getting temple of doom figures. I grabbed some if anyone is interested.

tmfool
Dec 9, 2003

What the frak?

tmfool fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Oct 3, 2015

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Anyone who was hoping Hasbro would drop the Marvel license, you'll have to wait another 8 years.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=12001

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I saw the Universe toys at my Wal-mart and while the human torch looks just as mental as any picture, the rest look pretty decent. Don't be so harsh, hehe.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well its a mixed bag. Punisher is awful but some are pretty average.
Also whats with the darn period avatars?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the Watchmen toys at my local comic shop today. Had 3 of the 4 of the first wave, Rorschach being gone obviously. Picked up Ozymandias. They look amazing.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

Anyone who was hoping Hasbro would drop the Marvel license, you'll have to wait another 8 years.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=12001

What?! But the "insiders" at Fwoosh said that Marvel was upset with Hasbro and Toybiz and Mattel were going to come save the day because Ha$bro is only out for money while Toybiz and Mattel only are out for the fans.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Satsuki posted:

What?! But the "insiders" at Fwoosh said that Marvel was upset with Hasbro and Toybiz and Mattel were going to come save the day because Ha$bro is only out for money while Toybiz and Mattel only are out for the fans.

"Fwoosh insiders."
Heh.
It was a no brainer that this was going to be renewed. Hasbros huge. Marvel's huge now.

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

The Rage posted:

Found the Watchmen toys at my local comic shop today. Had 3 of the 4 of the first wave, Rorschach being gone obviously. Picked up Ozymandias. They look amazing.

Oddly enough my shop had a ton of Rorschachs. Though I can n ever tell when toys are a good deal since the price seems to always feel so high. $13 a pop just seems like a lot for a toy.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Series 2 of the NECA Ninja Turtles is coming out later this year.

Shredder (w/ a little Krang!), April, Foot Ninja and Solider. Looks AMAZING, especially Shredder. I LOVED the attention to detail and just how perfect the turtles looked. I can't wait to have these in my hands. Hope they continue for a long rear end time.

And the "dot avatar" is some old YCS thing when I posted in there. I need to change it up soon.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

And the "dot avatar" is some old YCS thing when I posted in there. I need to change it up soon.

Just had to confirm it, that's what I figured.

That Krang is pretty sweet. I'm pretty much gay for Krang. I still have the old big suit, but I lost my old Krang :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Series 2 of the NECA Ninja Turtles is coming out later this year.

Shredder (w/ a little Krang!), April, Foot Ninja and Solider. Looks AMAZING, especially Shredder. I LOVED the attention to detail and just how perfect the turtles looked. I can't wait to have these in my hands. Hope they continue for a long rear end time.

Series 1 were TRU exclusives? The only place I can find them is at TRU online.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
It's not Krang it is just a random Utrom! Krang is not a Utrom! Different TMNT universe entirely. Utroms are semi good guys!

Sorry, I just hate when people can't tell the difference.

The Rage posted:

Series 1 were TRU exclusives? The only place I can find them is at TRU online.

Nope, not exclusive at all, although I have had a hell of a time finding them in real life. Online they are fairly easy to find.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I should have known that I feel ashamed.
This thing still owns though
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_W8dDqsMHtUc/SWS8RreNAJI/AAAAAAAABew/LXEBon8wHYY/s400/krangs-body-boxb.jpg

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Djarum posted:

It's not Krang it is just a random Utrom! Krang is not a Utrom! Different TMNT universe entirely. Utroms are semi good guys!

Sorry, I just hate when people can't tell the difference.

I really need to get my hand on those comics. :(

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Stage of History posted:

I should have known that I feel ashamed.
This thing still owns though
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_W8dDqsMHtUc/SWS8RreNAJI/AAAAAAAABew/LXEBon8wHYY/s400/krangs-body-boxb.jpg

Of all the TMNT toys I had as a kid, the big Krang was the only one I didn't have and I was amazingly jealous that one of my good friends had it. I never saw it in stores. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Same here. I had the paraplegic version with that walker. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on the big version. Wonder if they'll put it with the 25th anniversary reissues.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had the little walker one too but now I can't find it.
Krang owns.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
NECA is also doing the turtles with their answer to Mighty Muggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

NECA is also doing the turtles with their answer to Mighty Muggs.

Oh gently caress off!