Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well that's a little strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Those are ghastly, poo poo. They would have looked fine on the normal Muggs frame. Or take the more durable Dunny frame and chop the ears off.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Joe Fisto posted:

NECA is also doing the turtles with their answer to Mighty Muggs.

If he comes with weapons wouldn't he hold it kinda weird?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
NECA is also doing Gears of War in that style.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
It's like they took a Mugg and said "okay, how can we change this just enough so we don't get sued."

I would love to see the turtles as an official Muggs, though (not gonna happen, I know).

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Yeesh, that's frightening. Though it makes me think they'd look awesome as a minimate.

Percent20edOut
Jan 22, 2006
Bears and Dinosaurs
It looks a lot smaller than a Mighty Mugg, though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3282118123/in/pool-thenextgroup compared to April. I was hoping they would be bigger.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Percent20edOut posted:

It looks a lot smaller than a Mighty Mugg, though.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrible2z/3282118123/in/pool-thenextgroup compared to April. I was hoping they would be bigger.

I think the April there is a 2up. Which means it's double the actual size of the April figure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wow.. we actually got the DC Universe toys in locally here at wal mart (the little guys) and while they look pretty cool, god drat they are expensive! 6 or 7$ for a tiny guy, with no accessories, and very limited articulation. They look smaller than a reissue Gi Joe, and from what I could tell, about 3/4 of the movement.

It would be pretty cool to have a little army of "Crisis" figures or at least a few cool dioramas but they are way out of my range for just random fodder.

I haven't seen any of the marvel tiny guys yet, but if they are priced anywhere near the same, I can't see the line doing anything but falling on it's butt hard.

I will give the DC guys this, they did a hell of a job on the paint.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico
When I went to grab my pulls yesterday I noticed my comic shoppe has a slew of these marvel universe figures in, and some of them are desirable.

However my lcbs is selling them for 11.99 each!!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Satch posted:

When I went to grab my pulls yesterday I noticed my comic shoppe has a slew of these marvel universe figures in, and some of them are desirable.

However my lcbs is selling them for 11.99 each!!

Yikes. Why does Diamond even bother when it comes to Hasbro stuff?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Guess the Nemesis/Holocaust wave is hitting Wal-Marts now, 2 posters over at tfw2005 from Washington have found them.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
drat YOU HASSBROOOOOO!!!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Heh, I want that Iron Man so badly.

DragonReach Ghost
Sep 16, 2002

My Avatar is a Red Avatar

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wow.. we actually got the DC Universe toys in locally here at wal mart (the little guys) and while they look pretty cool, god drat they are expensive! 6 or 7$ for a tiny guy, with no accessories, and very limited articulation. They look smaller than a reissue Gi Joe, and from what I could tell, about 3/4 of the movement.

It would be pretty cool to have a little army of "Crisis" figures or at least a few cool dioramas but they are way out of my range for just random fodder.

I haven't seen any of the marvel tiny guys yet, but if they are priced anywhere near the same, I can't see the line doing anything but falling on it's butt hard.

I will give the DC guys this, they did a hell of a job on the paint.

Target is the cheapest place for the DC figs I have found. 4.99. Wally world, and ToysRus both have them for 6.99. Drawback is the 3 packs. 16.99 at Target, 12.99 at Toys R us and not sure about Wally World, but less than Target.

ToysRUs also has 2 exclusive packs, Battle for Metropolis and the GL OA pack. I now realize how pathetic it is that I know this much and responded to this.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

drat YOU HASSBROOOOOO!!!

Is the blue on that Spider-man really that weird looking?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fishylungs posted:

Is the blue on that Spider-man really that weird looking?

Mary Jane didn't use a color safe bleach.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Mary Jane didn't use a color safe bleach.

Silly goon, Peter and MJ arn't married, why would she be doing his laundry?

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Jet Ready Go posted:

drat YOU HASSBROOOOOO!!!

This is the only reason I see for picking up any of this line. I want a Cyclops, Nick Fury, WWII Captain America, Hood, and Modern Armor Thor to lead my GI Joe collection.

Speaking of by the way... it really wouldn't hurt hasbro to throw in little GI Joe stand things with these figures. I picked up the Iron Man one to check the line out, and he's cool for his size, but his pose-ability is pretty limited due to a week knee joint and several poses resulting in him toppling over.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
See how stupid I am. I thought they made ML sized GI Joes while I wasn't looking.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Silly goon, Peter and MJ arn't married, why would she be doing his laundry?

They'll always be married in my heart.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Bushifox posted:

See how stupid I am. I thought they made ML sized GI Joes while I wasn't looking.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, too. It's weird, the MU guys are just a smidge larger than the Joes. Very disappointing IMO.

It seems to me that it would be more profitable to make it the exact same scale and maybe reuse some parts from various Joe molds. (Especially the guns.)

deadhoarse
Oct 18, 2004
A heads up for those who do custom Muggs. Urban Outfitters (King of Prussia Mall PA) has the blank white Muggs on sale for $4.99.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

He's heeeeere! Awesome figure. Paint job is excellent, head sculpt looks absolutely nuts, and the axe head is real metal. loving aces. My pics are poo poo, but you get the idea.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Click here for the full 536x800 image.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

profbobo posted:

He's heeeeere! Awesome figure. Paint job is excellent, head sculpt looks absolutely nuts, and the axe head is real metal. loving aces. My pics are poo poo, but you get the idea.

That is one swank rear end lunatic.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Hot toys is now going the route of hasbro's Star Wars line. The characters who get 2 seconds of screen time are the most wanted.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Fish Of Doom posted:

Hot toys is now going the route of hasbro's Star Wars line. The characters who get 2 seconds of screen time are the most wanted.
I don't think it's that as much as Hot Toys just wants to make as much money as possible with the movie Joker so they're putting him in every combination they can.

Be prepared for dangling upside down Joker next.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That scar is pretty crazy, too. The "Joker" makeup really downplays it, I guess.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Ace Rockhawk posted:

This is the only reason I see for picking up any of this line. I want a Cyclops, Nick Fury, WWII Captain America, Hood, and Modern Armor Thor to lead my GI Joe collection.

Speaking of by the way... it really wouldn't hurt hasbro to throw in little GI Joe stand things with these figures. I picked up the Iron Man one to check the line out, and he's cool for his size, but his pose-ability is pretty limited due to a week knee joint and several poses resulting in him toppling over.

yeah that's actually the only reason why I was looking so forward to this line. Im probably going to be buying much more of these guys than I did of the Legends-sized figures because I was also a bigger fan of GI Joe sized talls since I was young.

Another issue that plagues the 3inch Marvel line is the plastics seem to be lighter than the ones they use with Joes. So it's really bizarre trying to stand them up when they have a natural propensity to fall down even though they are super poseable.

Shiftypenguin posted:

Yeah, that's what I thought at first, too. It's weird, the MU guys are just a smidge larger than the Joes. Very disappointing IMO.

It seems to me that it would be more profitable to make it the exact same scale and maybe reuse some parts from various Joe molds. (Especially the guns.)

I didnt get this either, I was thinking the exact same thing. I didn't know why they just didn't fuse all their Star Wars / GI Joe proportions (which are arguably the same) but instead make the Marvel line a bit of an outcast by making them a smidge taller and a little bit thinner than the average figure.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ehhhh, thats a bit much. Ill be skipping this one. This leaves hope they'll do the nurse version soon. Thats a must buy. This one was on screen for literally 2 seconds combined.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I might try to part out an outfit from the police Joker, since I've got both of the other Hot Toys Jokers. I want Gordon or Scarecrow much more.

Lizard King
Nov 7, 2003

FWOOOSH
I snatched up the Marvel Select Bucky Cap, I love it. The paint has a real Epting/Guice feel.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

profbobo posted:

I might try to part out an outfit from the police Joker, since I've got both of the other Hot Toys Jokers. I want Gordon or Scarecrow much more.

A movie masters version of Scarecrow would be loving boss.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I got a call from my Local Comic Store saying they're getting series 2 of the Watchmen figures in on Wednesday. That was certainly fast. Regardless, I'm psyched to get a Comedian and Dr. Manhattan.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I can't remember exactly who it was, but I went back to the 350yen store a few days ago and they had sold out of all of the TMNT figures :(. Sorry dude.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Me. :(

Thats sucks, was really looking forward to Metalhead. Ah well. Thanks for checking though. :)

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
Has anyone heard anything about Watchmen exclusive figs? The only thing I've been able to find so far is a Toys R Us exclusive of "Prisoner Rorschach" with no pictures.

It's available for pre-order on the TRU website.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
Anyone have recommendations for/places to buy something to make action figures stand up? I can find a million sorts of stands apparently made just for Star Wars figures, but I need a solution that will work for a variety of figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Doc Faustus posted:

Anyone have recommendations for/places to buy something to make action figures stand up? I can find a million sorts of stands apparently made just for Star Wars figures, but I need a solution that will work for a variety of figures.

May not work for all your figures but for only $5 it couldn't be a waste.

http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297