Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Crossposting from the Toku thread:

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Well it got here too late for the final episode, but I just got these in the mail!

Also to complete this:

I have to go get some AAAA batteries to crank it up, but it's nice to have the compliment to the regular Geartlinger I got a few months back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hordak!

https://twitter.com/mastersofficial/status/1503824673183653889?s=21

Glad I waited on the Netflix cgi design

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nodosaur posted:

Hey, what are my options if I want a figure of PS4 Spider-Man. The Legends one seems awful expensive.

Figuarts did it if you can find it in stock somewhere. But it will be even more expensive.

Then there's Hot Toys, which is even more even more expensive.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

That showing is win all the way. Every figure looks great.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

Hey, what are my options if I want a figure of PS4 Spider-Man. The Legends one seems awful expensive.

So quoting you on this for non Spider-Man reasons, don't really know about that much

But look! They're starting to bring over the new CGI cartoon characters into the main toyline

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I have the figuarts ps4 spidey he’s nice and possible, got him at release so no clue what aftermarket prices are. HotToys Spidey looks amazing and has great accessories, but isn’t much of a poser. The suit can wrinkle of left in non museum poses for too long. Also not sure what aftermarket prices are. Basically, do you want to pose or just look and what are you willing to spend?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

AND Catra! Both using spruced-up Filmation designs! Where the heck is She-Ra??

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Nodosaur posted:

If you just want Spider-Man from the games you could always wait for the next game to come out. They're likely to release updated figures.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

AND Catra! Both using spruced-up Filmation designs! Where the heck is She-Ra??

Rumor is she’ll be a deluxe set

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That Skeletor looks like he's doing a fist pump and I am loving it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9peZeSX2Gs

So apparently Demona is already showing up in Targets, which is crazy since she never even went up for preorder anywhere online, that I've seen.

If anyone sees her in the wild, can you snatch one up for me, please?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Fuzz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9peZeSX2Gs

So apparently Demona is already showing up in Targets, which is crazy since she never even went up for preorder anywhere online, that I've seen.

If anyone sees her in the wild, can you snatch one up for me, please?

I think she was part of that Collector-con thing they did with Neca where they dumped a bunch of new releases at random Target stores (not mine apparently). The TMNT 4-pack was another one that wad part of that "event."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Shiftypenguin posted:

I think she was part of that Collector-con thing they did with Neca where they dumped a bunch of new releases at random Target stores (not mine apparently). The TMNT 4-pack was another one that wad part of that "event."

So... what, that's the only way to get her, then? What the gently caress.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzz posted:

So... what, that's the only way to get her, then? What the gently caress.

For now

Its a timed exclusive thing

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hey they made a better Beast Man

And goddamned Hordak.

My poor hemans shelf.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Shiftypenguin posted:

oh motherfucker, I went to Target yesterday and saw that huge Channel 6 4-pack on the shelf but no Demona and am thinking I got beat by somebody else.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No that’s been out for a while

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
did they ever fix their previous April with that one or is she still a weird thing

also I'm going to be very curious to see comparisons between that Hordak and the Filmation Hordak from Super7

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cloks posted:

If you just want Spider-Man from the games you could always wait for the next game to come out. They're likely to release updated figures.

This is the best idea. Thanks

SUPER excited about 2021 Skeletor. Hope they do the entire cast

Including Gary. ESPECIALLY Gary

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Crossposting from the Toku thread:

That rules. My son and I have been watching Zenkaiger and he’s a little too new at reading to keep up with the subtitles so I dub the show in real-time for him.

I decided Stacey sounds like Garfield.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Splint Chesthair posted:

That rules. My son and I have been watching Zenkaiger and he’s a little too new at reading to keep up with the subtitles so I dub the show in real-time for him.

I decided Stacey sounds like Garfield.

lmao excellent

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Rumor is she’ll be a deluxe set

I know this rumor and was recently doing my part in spreading it. Now that they officially announced She-Ra’s two worst enemies, I am wondering what the heck is the hold-up with the woman herself. Come on Mattel, it’s bad enough Mondo have been dragging their feet showing a painted prototype of their big fancy She-Ra, now you’re holding out on us too? I’m a simple man and I just want more She-Ras! Cough it up, Mattel!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not feeling great but at least I have this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that already sanded? Looks pretty good.

Once you get the layer lines out well enough you can use thick layers of filler primer save yourself some tedious fine sanding. Not a good idea for small stuff with intricate detail, but for a big old sword it's perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Is that already sanded? Looks pretty good.

Once you get the layer lines out well enough you can use thick layers of filler primer save yourself some tedious fine sanding. Not a good idea for small stuff with intricate detail, but for a big old sword it's perfect.

That's right off the printer. I'm a novice in this and I'm shocked it's coming out so good. I showed my dad the first sword and he's super excited, wants me to print some model railroad stuff for him. So he's probably going to pay for the next printer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I know this rumor and was recently doing my part in spreading it. Now that they officially announced She-Ra’s two worst enemies, I am wondering what the heck is the hold-up with the woman herself. Come on Mattel, it’s bad enough Mondo have been dragging their feet showing a painted prototype of their big fancy She-Ra, now you’re holding out on us too? I’m a simple man and I just want more She-Ras! Cough it up, Mattel!

Maybe she'll come with her horse?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I am not as knowlegable about She-Ra, but I would guess she'd have a smaller fig (like savage heman and orko) so maybe that weird butterfly wing headed guy?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fuckin Kowl.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Time for a new avatar?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Time for a new avatar?

I'm in favor of it!

If they're doing a big deluxe She-Ra, my first wish would be a She-Ra and Adora 2-pack, second wish would be some parts for classic PoP costume changes like Starburst, and honestly I would accept Kowl, I have fond memories of the 80s Kowl toy with yellow flocking and an inexplicable color changing gizmo in a compartment in his chest. A tribute to the bizarre 80s toy would be more of an Origins thing though. There was also that weird little guy "Loo-Kee" who would be hidden in the background like the Where's Waldo of She-Ra; don't care much about him but that would be a decent pack-in if they're doing a Filmation tribute figure.

I would love a huge fancy Masterverse scale Swift Wind and would absolutely buy it, but I don't see that being a pack-in with She-Ra, it would be so expensive and they would end up pricing themselves out of a lot of easy sales of a cheaper She-Ra figure. I'm still hoping for Origins Swift Wind with a toy-inspired look... I loved the vintage toy so much. They really have not gone deep into Princess of Power with the Origins line at all, but at least they're getting into it early with Masterverse.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Burkion posted:

did they ever fix their previous April with that one or is she still a weird thing

also I'm going to be very curious to see comparisons between that Hordak and the Filmation Hordak from Super7

Nah. In this set she's a cat-lady.

Speaking of, I'm going back and cherry picking from the Super7 TMNT to replace my Neca figs, and their April, glossy plastic aside, is just worlds better than Neca's offering. Like wow. Her cartoon head is the one I display her with since I never had the toy and know her mostly from the cartoon. But she's got a ton more character than the neca toon version.

Also, I noticed Neca's Muckman comes with slime and doesn't have the dripping slime function, but S7's MM does have the function but doesn't come with slime. Dunno if that's intentional synergy (doubt it) but it's kinda neat.

Edit: looks like the Neca GITD Muckman is hitting Targets as part of this haulathon promotion dealy they're doing.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 16, 2022

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Skeletor looks like he took every roid in Eternia for six months to show He-Man what buff looks like.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I was out to get a new bookshelf and I found this happy fellow on clearance

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

Skeletor looks like he took every roid in Eternia for six months to show He-Man what buff looks like.

And true to fashion skipped leg day entirely

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I was out to get a new bookshelf and I found this happy fellow on clearance

Nice! I still haven't found the versions of He-Man or Skeletor with the full swords.

Masterverse is finally starting to do stuff I like, but Origins has been absolutely killing it from day one. They're doing amazing work with that toy line.

I have held off on buying the Origins Castle Grayskull for a long time for two reasons: #1 I already have the vintage and 200x versions, #2 I really want to build a really big custom Grayskull to display with my MOTU figures, eventually. But it looks so friggin fun every time I see it, and it's getting cheaper... Mattel are selling it direct on their site for $80, and it's down to like $72 on Amazon. I'm still not going for it right now, but I'm getting weak. (Also I got that limited edition spirit of Grayskull set and it's weird not having the Grayskull to put those in.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Joe Fisto posted:

Time for a new avatar?

You just know that conversation involves the temperature that steel beams melt.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Forget Hot Toys or big Figuarts… what if I went really big and got these: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibl...tm_nooverride=1

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a really good price.

Threezero's flaws are always Hot Toys price with lackluster face sculpts and limited accessories. Those Power Rangers are like 6 for the price of 2, have no faces for them to mess up, and only have 2 notable accessories anyway which it includes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

It's a really good price.

Threezero's flaws are always Hot Toys price with lackluster face sculpts and limited accessories. Those Power Rangers are like 6 for the price of 2, have no faces for them to mess up, and only have 2 notable accessories anyway which it includes.

ThreeZero do make some kick rear end robots though. That's where they shine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I saw that BBTS has the reissue Turtle Blimp in stock for 75 GODDAMN DOLLARS and out of curiosity I checked to see what it originally retailed for. To my surprise, it’s in stock on Walmart right now. I ordered one, 40 bucks with shipping. Will I actually get it? Who can say.