Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I made another album of these two. Not too much camera magic happening here outside of the radial blur of portrait mode.

Looking forward to the figuarts stands I've purchased from bbts to arrive, which'll really help extend poseability.

E:

Last one for the night, had an idea and executed it lol

hell yeah brother. maybe I will actually open gogeta tomorrow, broly has just been chilling on my desk because he's so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

robot roll call posted:

hell yeah brother. maybe I will actually open gogeta tomorrow, broly has just been chilling on my desk because he's so cool

I'm impressed too. Some slight looseness here and there, but given the weight of the thing it's understandable.

Gogeta's neck joint is a little loose, but clear nail polish would do the trick pretty quick I expect. More noticeable when the faceplate is off, but then, not much of an issue lol.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

If anyone has a good lead on a SH IG-11, I’d love to know where. I’m looking for one but they’re all super expensive since it’s OOP.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Ooooh

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1564268101390290945?s=21&t=WAG5iyW0oqVC4Hm6l3bWUA

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My Cloud and Jessie bike pack finally came in. The size of the package and related shipping costs certainly are into the savings and I think it came out to a wash over waiting for it to release here.

I could have saved some by using ems. I haven’t used that before though and dhl has been getting from Tokyo to Seattle in 3 days.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

drat, he was supposed to look like that? Looks so good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That’s the comic look, yeah.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Cloks posted:

Thank you, much appreciated.

I have one. I’m headed to work for a few hours but if you want to shoot me your info I can get shipping all figured out.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I am largely out on ML, but gently caress yeah, I am getting this one!

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Shiroc posted:

Moai Ou posted:

And Shiroc's awesome Sailor Moon collection keeps making me want to get a Sailor Venus, but then I know I'll end up getting Uranus and Neptune too. And Jupiter. And, okay, all of them.

To play Chaos’ advocate, if you want the Figuarts ones, this might be the best time since the standard versions of all of the main Senshi are freely available new at or close to retail.

Welp,

Got these two for my birthday yesterday. Looks like I'm on this train now and Uranus Haruka is the next stop. I was pleasantly surprised that they actually came with the stands since I assumed they were some kind of P-Bandai exclusive. But now I wish all FiguArts came with stands, especially since some of them include parts that plug into them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Masterverse SheRa and Hordak are in at BBTS. Had two other things in the POL so I went ahead and shipped them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Masterverse SheRa and Hordak are in at BBTS. Had two other things in the POL so I went ahead and shipped them.

Huh, I haven’t heard from them yet.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Huh, I thought the sword was way bigger than that but checking out various panels, that's actually about right. drat, it's a titchy wee thing, should have called it All-Black the Necroshortsword

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Moai Ou posted:

Welp,

Got these two for my birthday yesterday. Looks like I'm on this train now and Uranus Haruka is the next stop. I was pleasantly surprised that they actually came with the stands since I assumed they were some kind of P-Bandai exclusive. But now I wish all FiguArts came with stands, especially since some of them include parts that plug into them.

Happy belated birthday!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Moai Ou posted:

Welp,

Does Venus come with a cat? Any figure that comes with a cat is automatically better. More action figures should include cats.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Moai Ou posted:

Welp,

:sickos:

The stands for these were somewhat necessary since they would be extremely hard to balance with the heels and the weight of the hair.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Does Venus come with a cat? Any figure that comes with a cat is automatically better. More action figures should include cats.

Sailor Moon has Luna and Venus has Artemis.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Shiroc posted:

Sailor Moon has Luna and Venus has Artemis.

I was thinking about this the other day when I was looking at my Usagi that she comes with Luna and maybe Venus would have Artemis and of course now it's confirmed so now I need to buy Venus. And if I'm getting Venus, I may as well get Mars and Mercury too to just complete the set so...god dammit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BBTS has all the released Gargoyles figures in stock now.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
As a feeler, if I buy the new version of Chibi Moon, would anyone be potentially interested in my original one? No box but otherwise complete.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1564658461077635072?s=21&t=LxajWBBl8E0Xy74r2ojahw

This will sell out quick I think

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm not sure what about Gorr justifies a $30 price tag beyond the Disney Tax. Legends has been a really annoying line to buy lately considering most other toys on the shelves are cheaper, especially DC (which I don't collect).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The lovely movie one was $25 and this looks at least $5 better.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

It seems the exclusives are up in price no matter what. Iron Spider is Target (I think) and it’s 35. Maybe 1 figure waves are more or it’s just the frog boiling in water until general releases are 30 bucks too.

They’re going to have to do something, I can’t see that every collector will shell out that much for every figure. I know I won’t.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Yeah, I'd definitely buy this figure at 20 - it's a unique character and it captures Esad Ribic's art really well - but at 30 it's a no go.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

It seems the exclusives are up in price no matter what. Iron Spider is Target (I think) and it’s 35. Maybe 1 figure waves are more or it’s just the frog boiling in water until general releases are 30 bucks too.

They’re going to have to do something, I can’t see that every collector will shell out that much for every figure. I know I won’t.

I bet it's Hasbro testing the waters by using exclusives as an excuse, at which point they'll slowly boil that price out to the standard waves. $20 was the sweet spot for an occasional impulse buy but gently caress doing that anymore.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

All prices are going up. Hell, NECA Alien figures are like 45 bucks now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The price creep is the main reason I’m cutting back on the 6 inch figures in favor of the 12 inch figures. They obviously cost more but it feels like you get more for what you pay. If the assumption is they’re all gonna crawl to 30 bucks apiece for a seven-figure wave it’s over 200 bucks which is almost the same as a nice 12 inch figure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Same but with those and expensive import stuff. I feel better paying 100 for a cool articulated figure with a billion accessories than 30 for a figure with mid articulation and barely anything

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gripweed posted:

All prices are going up. Hell, NECA Alien figures are like 45 bucks now.

It's true but NECA makes some killer stuff and I feel their quality generally justifies a higher price tag most of the time. The Legends line is particularly annoying since there seem to be incremental improvements.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
My Eternal Sailor Moon figuarts came in stock today :toot:

I also got the new version of Chibi Moon since I saw one in store and decided I did want to have one to match the rest of the team. My Skyward Sword Link and Dress Tifa also arrived yesterday (shipped from Tokyo on Saturday, arrived in Seattle yesterday, thanks dhl). I also found the Black Series rerelease of C-3PO at Target. Haven't had a chance to open any of them because I was busy yesterday.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Joe Fisto posted:

The price creep is the main reason I’m cutting back on the 6 inch figures in favor of the 12 inch figures. They obviously cost more but it feels like you get more for what you pay. If the assumption is they’re all gonna crawl to 30 bucks apiece for a seven-figure wave it’s over 200 bucks which is almost the same as a nice 12 inch figure.

You could just not buy the whole wave

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Haha what the gently caress, this is awesome:

https://twitter.com/MastersOfficial/status/1564689212762365955

Nice to have an affordable alternative to the Super 7 ones. I probably will end up getting these. The MOTU movie was awful, but the costumes were neat.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

[quote="Shiroc" post="525896969"]

IMy Skyward Sword Link

Wait, what? Can I get pics or a link(heh)? I finally got around to playing that few months ago and loved it. No idea why people poo poo on it so much :)

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Wait, what? Can I get pics or a link(heh)? I finally got around to playing that few months ago and loved it. No idea why people poo poo on it so much :)

I got it off amiami because it was in stock when I ordered the Tifa
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-129818
BBTS has it coming next month, in theory https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/172143

amiami probably would come out about the same or less even with shipping to get it now depending on where you are.

I played the game once on WiiU and I'm replaying it now on the Switch version. The motion controls are only like 90% as good as they need to be as the biggest hit against it but I do think its a great entry to the series with a lot of really interesting ideas.

Unbearably Stinky
Jan 8, 2022

Definitely not as nice as the Super 7 versions, but at a fraction of the price they're good enough. Hoping maybe this means we'll get Origins versions of the movie designs too. Always wanted those in the vintage scale. Fingers crossed.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The Link Between Worlds Link is also a fantastic choice.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-016132

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo, the third party spawn IMMORTAL HERO sixth scale is 440mm tall. gently caress he's big.

I thought 200+ was a bit high for him but now it's a good deal.

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh poo poo, the third party spawn IMMORTAL HERO sixth scale is 440mm tall. gently caress he's big.

I thought 200+ was a bit high for him but now it's a good deal.

Where’s the Leguizamo figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The two Figma Links are so loving good and either you get both or choose which is your definitive version. I went with Skyward (despite not ever playing that game) as it captures the adult link so good. But the smaller LoZ version is so drat good too.