Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The figure is much more generous than the real deal by far, the leg comment is accurate however.

If the Hasbro version is not to people's liking, there are two Sgt. Slaughters from Action Force you can also buy. They're very good from what I heard and look good as can be.

Also, some guy called Sgt. Slammer is around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally! New Heisei figures!!!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Action Force Slaughter is a great figure but the Classified is a dead ringer for the cartoon look. I love them both.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1542605794990071808?s=46&t=J1vqwP9zq7h-hy9AZqHQ-g

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

The figure is much more generous than the real deal by far, the leg comment is accurate however.

If the Hasbro version is not to people's liking, there are two Sgt. Slaughters from Action Force you can also buy. They're very good from what I heard and look good as can be.

Also, some guy called Sgt. Slammer is around.

Some wonky proportions are kinda standard with Classified. I don’t mind. I like him.

Unlike a lot of other Classifieds he has a lot of spare hands. The newer figs really need more swap out parts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

my options were limited

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

:toot:

Showa but still that’s the era of Gaigan that I love.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
That challenges my decision to retire from Monsterarts

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Who's making that, and when, and how much is it gonna cost me? All I really want is one good Gigan, and that one looks very good.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I had fun picking characters to go with my kimono bodies. I have two red ones still because they were blind boxes and I expected one to be pink since I was the only person buying them from the one box at the store.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Amazing man and his spider-friends

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:toot:

Showa but still that’s the era of Gaigan that I love.

lol

I was excited and got mixed up!! I’ll pay whatever this is. I’m assuming $100

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Who's making that, and when, and how much is it gonna cost me? All I really want is one good Gigan, and that one looks very good.

SH MonsterArts from Bandai - no idea on date tho. Info soon!

They are also rereleasing Kiryu with LED lights and die cast parts. Apparently bigger than the previous one too! I already have that so I’m good.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 3, 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Oh nice, I love Mechagodzilla 3! drat…. Am I going to get into Monsterarts??

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

This is so dumb, I love it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

lol

I was excited and got mixed up!! I’ll pay whatever this is. I’m assuming $100

SH MonsterArts from Bandai - no idea on date tho. Info soon!

They are also rereleasing Kiryu with LED lights and die cast parts. Apparently bigger than the previous one too! I already have that so I’m good.

Soul of Chogokin pieces are top of the line so that one is going to be $$$

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The Series 2 Magneto is on the Series 1 Iron Man body and is god awful. Wait for the Cartoon one if you need a Legends, get the Mafex or if you are desperate for something NOW get the Marvel Select from a few years ago. It’s a little bigger than Legends but you can fudge it easy enough.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/JoyToyWarhammer/status/1588110586532986880?s=20&t=Qf9QC8braGczPKx34AZ2CA

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I didn't mind the old Toy Biz Magneto when I had him back in the day but that was, crap, 20 years ago.
But if he's so bad, someone surely has him and wants to unload him to me for an insulting low offer!
I will probably wait for a VHS one otherwise.

No I'm not suffering for selling a complete Marvel Legends collection 10 years ago stop asking!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh nice, I love Mechagodzilla 3! drat…. Am I going to get into Monsterarts??

I swore I would stick with NECA Godzillas because of their price to quality ratio and then my dad got me a SH Monsterarts Godzilla from the Legendary movie series and it's been downhill from there. Now I have the Singular Point Godzilla sitting on a shelf and Singular Point Jet Jaguar and the stupid expensive Hedorah they released in my BBTS pile of loot. Now I'm eyeing this drat Kiryu and new Shin Godzilla figure they're making.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
https://twitter.com/toybroreviews/status/1588180106400382978?s=46&t=4j1uAc_cggLmgARdqdGKfw

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh.

At least it's not more NFTs I guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rhyno posted:

Ugh.

At least it's not more NFTs I guess.

Is it really worse than this?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why is there so many loving He-Man things being released in comparison with everyone else?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Vintersorg posted:

Why is there so many loving He-Man things being released in comparison with everyone else?

Rhyno

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

I'll also be the pleb and that says they all look the same to me too, like they're doing the same character 50 times over and over again, kinda like how McFarlane has 30 million different Batmans and Superman iterations.

Granted Hasbro does this too with Iron Man, Captain America and Wolverine in each wave they do but that's a tradition started by ToyBiz 30 years ago.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’d probably but those MOTU guys at 25 bucks. 50 is too much for what they are.

I’m not sure if it was just my store or if all Targets are, but I bought that kickass Hammond Collection T-Rex this morning for 25 bucks. I was hoping to get a deal on it and it finally happened.

Edit: I see that you can get those motu skins in the game. That’s neat for people who play.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 3, 2022

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Kinda sorta relevant, Walmart had a sale on Walmart+ until midnight ET. It includes Early Access to black Friday sales, other sales, free shipping, free delivery, scan and go shopping in the stores, gas discounts at the Walmart gas stations, I think there's even as paramount+ sub in there. $49 bucks for the year.

I used it last year to buy a ps5 and get free delivery on food from the local store.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 3, 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Joe Fisto posted:

Some wonky proportions are kinda standard with Classified. I don’t mind. I like him.

Unlike a lot of other Classifieds he has a lot of spare hands. The newer figs really need more swap out parts.

I'll buy him when someone makes a figure in his Iraqi Republican Guard phase.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

For real lol. It’s absolutely crazy. He-man and ninja turtles lol

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Because it's the 40th anniversary of one of the most successful toy lines ever. And Mattel knows this was the perfect time to pander directly to the people who were kids when the original came out and Origins stokes that nostalgia.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s been going for a few years haha

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

CelticPredator posted:

It’s been going for a few years haha

Yeah it doesn't seem like a new thing though I feel like the pandemic kicked nostalgia collecting into hyperdrive in general. My kids and I got into collecting Pokemon cards in early 2018 and at that time they were insanely cheap to the point where you could find packs on clearance for something obscene like $2.50 each. Those same packs today now go for $20+ each, some even hitting $50+. Anything booster box made 2016 and earlier can go for thousands.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m down. MOTU, Transformers and TMNT were everything to kid me. It’s a good time to be an adult with some adult money.

For real though, it’s much easier in out economy to buy some tiny men for fun, my parents were able to buy project cars, and motorcycles and boats with less money when they were my age. I think that’s why the nostalgia market is what it is, since most of us adults don’t have boat money.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 3, 2022

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

There isn’t actually that much He-Man stuff being made if you compare it to Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers, GI Joe, or like any big pop culture franchise. I think it might all be discussed more frequently in this particular thread and in certain collector circles because we have some hardcore fans here, and it’s also a case where the toys were the main thing. The various cartoons, movies, comics just sort of existed for the sake of the toys. If you’re somebody with a big interest in toys as an art form or as a cultural thing in and of themselves, MOTU has a really outsized significance compared to a lot of other things that get talked about in this context.

If you compare it to like, Stranger Things, that has a ton of merchandise out there right now but it’s because people like the TV show, the TV show is the thing you’re a fan of if you’re into Stranger Things, and when they make toys it’s just like “oh that’s nice” but it’s not the entire point of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think what makes MOTU notable is that 2 years ago there was next to nothing. Just Pops and Reaction figures. Now there are four ongoing lines that you can buy at brick and mortar stores.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I think what makes MOTU notable is that 2 years ago there was next to nothing. Just Pops and Reaction figures. Now there are four ongoing lines that you can buy at brick and mortar stores.

It is really cool to walk into a store and see fuckin Snout Spout on the pegs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Just grabbed ML Disney+ Ms Marvel and Kate Bishop from Macy’s of all places. They’re doing 10% off too, so they were only $20.69!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Big Bad order arrived

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Big Bad order arrived

Nice haul! My snake men are in “label created” limbo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I already have three more things in my pol, i'm tempted to grab the last T-Cats I need and ship again. But I'm kind of expecting the next wave of Masterverse to drop since the Origins wave came super early. And I figure King Hiss and T-Punch He-Man are gonna drop soon too.

Edit: man, BBTS has MV Sun-Man and Target doesn't even have a date on it yet.

Edit: so tomorrow the Shoguns drop, 1500 He-Man, 500 Faker. $300 each. I want the He-Man, can live without Faker. Probably shouldn't have started buying all these Turtles and Thundercats.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

I'm wishing BBTS would get Hudson and Broadway in stock so I can ship my POL. I did get notices ML Beast and Scorpion were hitting soon...