Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Looks like Todd is moving the characters people want into the more expensive Collectors Edition line and I don’t think I want to pay that much going forward.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1774156896359833976?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh Todd

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How much do the Collectors Edition stuff run?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dawgstar posted:

How much do the Collectors Edition stuff run?

30 bux. Normal releases are 20 sometimes 25 depending on the store.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

30 bux. Normal releases are 20 sometimes 25 depending on the store.

That's a big oof. Especially if you're going for more than one line.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Oh gently caress yeah

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joe Fisto posted:

Looks like Todd is moving the characters people want into the more expensive Collectors Edition line and I don’t think I want to pay that much going forward.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1774156896359833976?s=46

Now they just need a Cyborg that isn't a BAF for a crappy Flashpoint wave.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind the price increase if they just wouldn't make goddamn chase variants at random spots.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Oh gently caress yeah

The BAF is the big-rear end nightmare bat.

Is anyone here interested in an Apocalypse wave Sabretooth? I just so happen to have one I don't need anymore.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m a movie guy full stop and I’m struggling to think of any dc movie besides the Burton films I’d buy toys of lol

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Joe Fisto posted:

Is anyone here interested in an Apocalypse wave Sabretooth? I just so happen to have one I don't need anymore.

Kind of? I think my grid calls for about five sabertooths (teeth?)

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

I’m a movie guy full stop and I’m struggling to think of any dc movie besides the Burton films I’d buy toys of lol

Speaking of which, did anyone ever make a decent Michelle Pfiefer Catwoman?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Joe Fisto posted:

Bigass bat? Which one?

I also have a Sabretooth if anybody wants it, replaced it with the superior one recently released. The new Sabretooth is nearly perfect.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

Kind of? I think my grid calls for about five sabertooths (teeth?)

20 bucks and shipping and its yours.

Louisgod posted:

Bigass bat? Which one?

The one from this deleted scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ssaFJZLUU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Goddamn that’s a big combi-weapon

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7uKbMOu03Y

From WonderCon

So far it seems alot of stuff is out already.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Okay they just announced 0-Ring Ghostbusters.

They look exactly like classic GI Joe design but with really great heads.

Crazy.

Also Ghostbuster Haslab update coming soon. EMF confirmed to be working with the PKE Meter

They showed some images of retro Beach Head, Snow Serpent and Corbra Eel. Coming out this summer.

Some great shots of Classified Cobra Ferret ATV and the Scout driver. It looks great.

Pulse Exclusive for the ATV, pre order coming up on 4th for all.

Announced....

"Once a man" Cobra Commander. Half snake half human Cobra Commander from the cartoon movie?

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 30, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

90’s Jen!

https://twitter.com/dveese/status/1774209983653036125?s=46

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Super psyched for new Neo-Classic/09 armor and the IM retro line in general. I would have preferred the slim boots version but maybe that one will show up in an Avengers wave eventually.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Speaking of which, did anyone ever make a decent Michelle Pfiefer Catwoman?

Not in 6inch scale but NECA’s 18 inch one looks amazing

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

They showed some images of retro Beach Head, Snow Serpent and Corbra Eel. Coming out this summer.

And the retro cards have better looking weapons than the original versions, yeah?

Also I guess I'm on the hook for two Snow Serpents and hope they do a Wolf one day.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/danyunistrying/status/1774218278778421645?s=46

I want the 3 non-Iron Man figs, but besides Jen I will wait for the inevitable clearance sale.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 31, 2024

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Joe Fisto posted:

20 bucks and shipping and its yours.

The one from this deleted scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ssaFJZLUU

What a bizarre thing to base a BAF off of.

Should’a made a BAF of musician Seal holding a rose or something.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

And the retro cards have better looking weapons than the original versions, yeah?

Also I guess I'm on the hook for two Snow Serpents and hope they do a Wolf one day.

Yup! Previous shown rendars:

Finished ATV picture:

Big ATV is big.

Couldn't find the Eel retro but it's virtually the same as the previous release.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m gonna readjust my prices for my dumb sale btw. I talked to a toy dealer and they gave me some better tips on prices. Mine we’re wack

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Big ATV is big.

Couldn't find the Eel retro but it's virtually the same as the previous release.

With unlimited money I'd absolutely buy four Ferrets to give the Dreadnoks to ride.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

With unlimited money I'd absolutely buy four Ferrets to give the Dreadnoks to ride.

You can expect a TigerForce version as well based on what came before. I fully expect that announced within four months of this version going on sale as they did with the PP Trouble Bubble.
Could see a Night Force version of it happening, Python Patrol version etc.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

The Last Call posted:

Okay they just announced 0-Ring Ghostbusters.

They look exactly like classic GI Joe design but with really great heads.

Crazy.

Also Ghostbuster Haslab update coming soon. EMF confirmed to be working with the PKE Meter

One day Hasbro will realize they have a goldmine with the Real Ghostbusters and we'll get a new line of those versus milking the dried and chaffed teat of the 84 movie.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shiftypenguin posted:

One day Hasbro will realize they have a goldmine with the Real Ghostbusters and we'll get a new line of those versus milking the dried and chaffed teat of the 84 movie.

The four pack is said to be around 45 bucks.
The car is 70ish

And yes you can store the proton packs in the back of the car.

Emily really really really really REALLY made sure to point it out.

Still waiting for the announcement of 84 style Proton Packs to be made ala that Haslab one.

And yes they CAN make those. The Haslab was based off the Egon Afterlife version proton pack. All others are still game.

video of the figures and Ecto-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPYdgwv743w

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 31, 2024

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Ecto-1 was a bait and switch last time around. They deliberately hid the fact that it wasn’t in scale with the Plasma series figures.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Gripweed posted:

yeah i’m impressed with how beefy the terminator armour dudes are, have a word bearer to unpack still also

picked up most of the orks too cause they ended up being about $22 each with the sale and discount codes

starting to regret not pulling the trigger on a few more figures, but gotta keep some restraint and only have so much shelf space anyways haha

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The Last Call posted:

The four pack is said to be around 45 bucks.
The car is 70ish

And yes you can store the proton packs in the back of the car.

Emily really really really really REALLY made sure to point it out.

Still waiting for the announcement of 84 style Proton Packs to be made ala that Haslab one.

And yes they CAN make those. The Haslab was based off the Egon Afterlife version proton pack. All others are still game.

video of the figures and Ecto-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPYdgwv743w

My best friend and I would have literally murdered for 3 3/4" o-ring Ghostbusters as kids back in the '80s. Holy poo poo, that's neat. So far, I haven't bought ANY of the modern 1984 Ghostbusters figures -- not Mattel, Diamond Select, or Hasbro, because I don't think anyone got them quite right. But those are a nostalgia bomb, despite not existing back in the day.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My best friend and I would have literally murdered for 3 3/4" o-ring Ghostbusters as kids back in the '80s. Holy poo poo, that's neat. So far, I haven't bought ANY of the modern 1984 Ghostbusters figures -- not Mattel, Diamond Select, or Hasbro, because I don't think anyone got them quite right. But those are a nostalgia bomb, despite not existing back in the day.

The cross compatibility with Joes in the 80's if they were would have been crazy.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

The Ecto-1 was a bait and switch last time around. They deliberately hid the fact that it wasn’t in scale with the Plasma series figures.

All I want is a 1/12 Ecto-1 and it's absurd that they still aren't doing it. Making another tiny one and then tiny retro figures to go with it is stupid. They're stupid to not realize more people would buy a bigger one. And now they almost can't do it because they'll just piss off the people who already bought the tiny one. I'll probably end up buying all this poo poo just to finally have a car with dudes who fit into it, because at this point I'm just giving up all hope of ever getting a 1/12 one.

I swear a properly scaled Ecto-1 would not even need to be that good to be a hot seller. It doesn't need to be a perfect replica with a billion paint apps. Just make it look OK at a glance and keep the price point reasonable and people would go apeshit. The McFarlane Batmobile is a perfect point of comparison. Not screen accurate but it's big and awesome and Batman fits in it, and they can hardly keep up with the demand for that poo poo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

All I want is a 1/12 Ecto-1 and it's absurd that they still aren't doing it. Making another tiny one and then tiny retro figures to go with it is stupid. They're stupid to not realize more people would buy a bigger one. And now they almost can't do it because they'll just piss off the people who already bought the tiny one. I'll probably end up buying all this poo poo just to finally have a car with dudes who fit into it, because at this point I'm just giving up all hope of ever getting a 1/12 one.

I swear a properly scaled Ecto-1 would not even need to be that good to be a hot seller. It doesn't need to be a perfect replica with a billion paint apps. Just make it look OK at a glance and keep the price point reasonable and people would go apeshit. The McFarlane Batmobile is a perfect point of comparison. Not screen accurate but it's big and awesome and Batman fits in it, and they can hardly keep up with the demand for that poo poo.

Pretty sure they did this as a quick way to make a few bucks.

Some people are nutty about o ring figures and will gobble these up quick. Being a four pack at 45ish bucks means they'll sell.

The reuse of the Ecto-1 for the figures to use means more sales as people will want the car to put them in.

It's not like the figures themselves are anything special. It's all about squeezing out a few extra bucks from people.

As the video above confirmed, only two figures in the front can use the vehicle.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That too. Hasbro just can't seem to wrap their head around what people actually want from the franchise, toy-wise. The 1/18 stuff shown today is a step in the right direction, but I'm not confident in their ability to follow through after their bungling of the Plasma Series. There is a ton of content they can mine yet they seem to hyper focus on that first movie.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 31, 2024

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For those who wanted a decent picture of the retro Classified Joes shown off:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

Non-euclidean, has both a magazine and a belt feed.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Retro Snow Serpent doesn’t have an AK, no sale.

:colbert:

I’m not sure the Todd Batmobile price point is a fair comparison for a 1:12 Ecto-1. It’s just a big slab of mostly smooth black plastic with few paint apps, if any. Ecto-1 is an asymmetrical pile of garbage (in a good way) with a lot more going on, various tampos, bigger interior, people would want all 4 to fit in it, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't realize the deluxe Snow Serpent - well, I didn't even realize there were deluxe Snow Serpents - came with weird wolf pelt capes.