Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Amazon delayed my Scarlett order until like May or June. Booooo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I saw that figure at Target a couple weeks ago, hopefully she’ll be easy to find elsewhere if Amazon doesn’t come through.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sentinel Red posted:

A bunch of Joes showed up today and they're all lovely but I'm only displaying the OG 13 14 at the moment so here's Scarlett joining in (hopefully not too much longer before Grunt and Clutch show up too...)

Roll on Zap, Flash, Short Fuze, Grand Slam, and Steeler.

(Duke, Recondo, and Quick Kick are all awesome but I just ain't got the room currently, need to sort out some new shelves, gah)

Nice that you included Shooter. She deserves her spot.

Want to see the rest of the team get out there. Glenda is coming with Flash's weapon so we probably can expect him sooner than later.

Emily did confirm they got a tier list of who they wanted to create first. It's why some characters got put out and others have yet to be shown, sadly despite being some of the originals the guys you listed are less known than many other Joes. That's mainly the reason they've been kept away for now. Grand Slam should come with a jet pack range like the second or third version of him did. Give Zap the big artillery laser gun and Steeler, well, HASLAB Mobat tank anyone? Maybe a Pulse release. That has to be the plan for him.

Xenomrph posted:

She's super easy to get almost any where right now. You can probably walk into a few stores and find her. If not order her easily from an online store and have her ship within a day.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah it looks like Pulse has her available, I might just order from them.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I forgot to cancel my spawn and Todd and it shipped whoops.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I feel like Todd could make a lot of money by just making a plain classic Spawn figure and sending it out to all the Targets that carry all his weird deep-cut Spawn characters. The few normal-looking Spawns that have been made (that aren't weird variants) have sold out fast and been big on the secondary market. He did that whole kickstarter thing to relaunch his Spawn toy line, and then just started churning out nothing but weird secondary characters. There's like no mass retail version of the main character. Hell I'd buy one.

McFarlane's business decisions are consistent in that they're always odd.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I keep forgetting that I need to sell my 3 pack of his Kickstarter set with the little (fake) gold plaque with his signature.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
AW YEE IT'S THE BOY

and some different angles

very much enjoying Hyperion. There's a single flaw to me, besides how SCARILY, DISTRESSINGLY tight his joints are when I first got him(but it seems like after fiddling with him for a bit he loosens up. same) and that's that the wrists on the giant backpack fists are basically nonexistent in terms of up and down movement, because of the housing for the neat, but ultimately useless rotating cylinder gimmick directly behind the wrist part. it's a cute feature but I'd sacrifice it in a heartbeat if it meant the wrists for the giant fists got more up/down mobility. other than that it's another incredible action figure alongside Vulkan, Artemis, and Apollo. I'm really really interested to see what Toy Notch does for the Astrobots line next because outside of Athenia they've all been bangers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's real sick. Cool stuff!

It's begging for some weathering paint.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Got a notice the Cobra HMS is going to ship soon! I don't have anything to pull it, sadly, but it looks cool.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Run the Jewels made some Krang figures for some reason.

https://runthejewels.com/collections/new-releases

I'd get that purple one if it wasnt $175

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dawgstar posted:

Got a notice the Cobra HMS is going to ship soon! I don't have anything to pull it, sadly, but it looks cool.

Got the same.

The HISS sure did aget a lot of support stuff, from this missile set and operator to the Fire team.

If they do the same with the Dragonfly which we are fast approaching it's due date, what can we expect there.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Returning a goblin queen and a cyclops from 97 wave 2 tonight so last call if anyone needs em. Cyclops seemed to pop back into stock but not maddy.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Got the same.

The HISS sure did aget a lot of support stuff, from this missile set and operator to the Fire team.

If they do the same with the Dragonfly which we are fast approaching it's due date, what can we expect there.

It’s a good question as they always have supplemental releases for Haslabs, but not sure on this one. The versions of Ripcord and Crazylegs that come with it are Night Force so we’ll get the standard versions of them, would be nice if Ripcord was a deluxe that came with a parachute of some kind.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sanschel posted:

It’s a good question as they always have supplemental releases for Haslabs, but not sure on this one. The versions of Ripcord and Crazylegs that come with it are Night Force so we’ll get the standard versions of them, would be nice if Ripcord was a deluxe that came with a parachute of some kind.

They always toss in a little extra with Haslabs that were not announced so a parachute or two might happen. I expect something, but it might be far less impressive.

I can see them adding a Ghost Hawk as part of the support addition for the Dragonfly for people to buy:

Two of those with a Dragonfly and you got a little attack wing.

And you know that they can do repaints for it as is tradition.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I loved the Sky Hawk when I was a kid. I'd probably be on the hook for one if they made it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Never had one but I loved the concept and wanted to get one.

It's small enough size that a Classified version should be doable.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They made a nice retool of it for the 25th line, more details, an actual sealed canopy, etc. They could probably just rescale that for 1:12 and it'd work fine.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That was always one of the vehicles you looked at and wondered why they just didn't make them life sized.

At least as a kid. As an adult I'm like "oh, yea. Lots of reasons why".

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That was always one of the vehicles you looked at and wondered why they just didn't make them life sized.

At least as a kid. As an adult I'm like "oh, yea. Lots of reasons why".

I’m an (alleged) grown-rear end adult and I don’t see any reason not to. :colbert:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Speaking of GhostHawks, looks like someone is making them.

Fans Hobby normally does 3rd party Transformer stuff.

Exactly how big it is or what it's useful for, we don't know.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The Walmart exclusive Evil Captain America came in today. Say what you will about the story but the toy is great. Excellent sculpting on the chest and arms, nice colors, not wobbly at all. Solid figure of an evil fascist Cap.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Not gonna lie, a chainsaw man gundam floating in space ready to just gently caress everything up would be immensely terrifying.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

omg that puchita

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I got a Goblin Queen but it seems like the hair is not fully colored. Is there a way I can fix it myself or should I return it? It's the hair that doesn't seem fully painted. I like it but.... - it's quite annoying.

E: and it was (or seemed) new in the box.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
That's just drybrushing to add highlights. Not particularly smooth, but it's what you get with mass produced stuff.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Ah so it is not necessarily a defect? Sorry I haven't got something like this since my Lara Croft Tomb Raider in the late 90s - early 2000s. That's why I figured I would ask here :-)

E: Thank you! I just read Diamond was supposed to be good but well - internet - can never trust them lol.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 20, 2024

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yeah, intended. They add some paint to a brush, then rub most of it off on to a cloth. Then they "dry brush" over the raised surfaces of a model to deposit an extremely thin layer of paint, as a way of quickly highlighting raised detail. Pro paint jobs would usually have several rounds of dry-brushing, with progressively lighter shades of paint, to make a smoother gradient on the raised surfaces, but with production line stuff like this each worker has maybe 5 seconds per paint step to quickly paint what they need to.

That's why on cheaper stuff there may be no paint applications at all, just everything molded in the final colors. The more expensive a product, the more time artists are given for paint applications and special effects. Still, you can get varying quality even on expensive stuff. People will pay thousands for some giant piece from Sideshow, and some of them still have middling paint jobs.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah, intended. They add some paint to a brush, then rub most of it off on to a cloth. Then they "dry brush" over the raised surfaces of a model to deposit an extremely thin layer of paint, as a way of quickly highlighting raised detail. Pro paint jobs would usually have several rounds of dry-brushing, with progressively lighter shades of paint, to make a smoother gradient on the raised surfaces, but with production line stuff like this each worker has maybe 5 seconds per paint step to quickly paint what they need to.

That's why on cheaper stuff there may be no paint applications at all, just everything molded in the final colors. The more expensive a product, the more time artists are given for paint applications and special effects. Still, you can get varying quality even on expensive stuff. People will pay thousands for some giant piece from Sideshow, and some of them still have middling paint jobs.

Thank you for the explanation! $60ish was a spend for me. I normally only get the 3in-4in figures or whatever size they are because they are cheaper.. I am not a collector that has a glass case or anything - I just like to put things on a shelf (out of the sunlight) and have them there. :)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

diamond is very mid. Not the worst. But you're gonna get decent sculpts with atrocious paint.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Evil Steve

Seems like there's a ton of new sculpt here.

CelticPredator posted:

diamond is very mid. Not the worst. But you're gonna get decent sculpts with atrocious paint.

I got the Crimson Dynamo the other day and he's great. Granted the paint is all one color so they couldn't gently caress that up.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

That texturing on his shoulders and chest. :discourse: The blue used on his cowl makes me wish we had gotten an Ultimates v1/2 Cap instead of what I assume is v3. They're gonna get us with a repaint, aren't they.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Joe Fisto posted:

Evil Steve

Steevil, innit.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Tipping has gotten so out of control it pushed Steve over the edge!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Joe Fisto posted:

I got the Crimson Dynamo the other day and he's great. Granted the paint is all one color so they couldn't gently caress that up.

Hey when they hit they hit

Their iron giant was really good!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The only Selects I’ve bought in the last decade were Titanium Man and Crimson Dynamo and they knocked it out of the park with both. Now make it a hat trick with Iron Monger, please

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have the crow bc it was the only crow figure you could get in 2021 and it’s just mid. It doesn’t look a thing like Lee. It kinda looks like the crow but ya know lol.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You know, I still display my old McFarlane Movie Maniacs Crow figure. The first one they made. At one point I did a full repaint on it, because a kitten had chewed a couple fingers off him so I had to resculpt his hand and repaint it, then I was like gently caress it I'll just paint the whole thing. Not that the end result was way different, just a little more subtle with the details. Anyway, it's a stylized take on the character, they kind of exaggerated how skinny his body was, so it's not like photo real. But I love how it looks on the shelf, the pose and the attitude of it. In the many years since, I've never felt the need to buy anyone else's version of The Crow.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

mecha freeza rules, finally set up the iconic pose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Neat. Now if only someone made a Highlander with half a crap.