Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

If you legitimately want it we can work something out I'm sure. Not looking for asinine eBay prices, but making a profit still.

EDIT: She is showing on eBay for high 500's to 600's, so I am considering around half that. Box is open but perfect, as I took her out of it a grand total of 1 time before moving, where I put her back in her box, inside a padded box that has been sitting in my new office since December.

Not having to deal with eBay is a big plus. I'll take pictures when I get home tonight and post a SA mart thread so all that discussion won't cloud up this one.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Cross-whine from the Transformers thread: I finally have access to a 3D printer and I can't find any cool action figure stuff to print (accessories, heads, etc). Am I bad at googling or do people (understandably) always lock their models behind a paywall?

Where are you looking? I use Thingiverse for most of my 3d object hunting.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackchamber posted:

Where are you looking? I use Thingiverse for most of my 3d object hunting.

I've looked there but people don't want to get sued so they use code names for things. Makes it very hard to search.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress Lego is addicting --- thankfully I got what I needed from this term. Cannot wait to land the AT-TE from Rebels.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Did they ever make a figure of Noomi Rapace from Prometheus?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

boom boom boom posted:

Did they ever make a figure of Noomi Rapace from Prometheus?

Nope. NECA didn't sell enough Engineers to warrant selling a main character.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That doesn't make any sense.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

boom boom boom posted:

That doesn't make any sense.

I think it was just pointless snark about the number of engineers he happened to see at TRU or whatever. Or he's got impotent nerd rage about the way the engineer body was used 3-4 times.

NECA made a David so the idea they never sold a main character is asinine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The whole line flopped hard. Even David. NECA even said this, somewhere.

The only one that I believe sold fairly well was the Decon. Even the 2 pack with the tentacle monster peg warmed for a good year or so. I bought it on "clearance" which was like, 2 bucks less than it originally cost.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I think it was just pointless snark about the number of engineers he happened to see at TRU or whatever. Or he's got impotent nerd rage about the way the engineer body was used 3-4 times.

NECA made a David so the idea they never sold a main character is asinine.

But Noomi Rapace was the main character. She should've been like, the first one they did.

CelticPredator posted:

The whole line flopped hard. Even David. NECA even said this, somewhere.

The only one that I believe sold fairly well was the Decon. Even the 2 pack with the tentacle monster peg warmed for a good year or so. I bought it on "clearance" which was like, 2 bucks less than it originally cost.

Does this mean I have to go buy a bunch of the dudes in quilt spacesuits Alien figures they just made, because if those don't sell well they won't make a Harry Dean Stanton figure?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Unlike Prometheus, NECA can just poo poo out Xenomorphs painted purple or something to pay the costs off for something like a Brett figure.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
For anyone looking for Quiet, I put up a thread in SA Mart since there was some interest: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768556

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
For those of you who follow GI Joe, it looks like Hasbro is ending the collector's club and support of conventions at the end of 2016.

http://generalsjoes.com/2016/03/11/its-official-transformers-collectors-club-to-move-on-from-fun-pub-g-i-joes-future-uncertain/

quote:

It’s Official – Transformers Collectors Club to move on from Fun Pub, G.I. Joe’s future uncertain
Posted on March 11, 2016 by Justin

I think “uncertain” is putting it kindly.

Brian Savage from Fun Publications sent out a pair of emails tonight on the subject of BotCon and JoeCon, each email serving a couple of purposes. There were some updates on the respective conventions in each message, but most importantly, he appeared to take an opportunity to thank the communities and say “good-bye” signaling the first official confirmation that Hasbro appears to be moving away from Fun Publications for their Collectors Club and Convention licensees.

However, sharp eyed readers might have noticed a distinct difference in the two emails.

While the Transformers oriented email contains the following text:

“All memberships will end December 31, 2016. Hasbro looks forward to sharing new plans for the Collector’s Club with you in the future.”

Meanwhile, the G.I. Joe one has the following:

“All memberships will end December 31, 2016.”

Yeah, that’s it.

Nothing about any kind of Hasbro announcement or any sort of indication of future events to celebrate the G.I. Joe brand. Some might say that’s a sign of bad things to come, but I think the G.I. Joe community really needs to take this as an opportunity. We need to show that we really want some kind of G.I. Joe Club or Convention representation. We need to prove to Hasbro that our fandom counts, too, even though we don’t love a billion dollar franchise like Transformers.

The fact is, Hasbro would not exist as a company right now if not for G.I. Joe. Do they owe us something? Of course not. But I feel like they owe the BRAND something, and for once maybe we should look past simply the bottom line and do something for the fans who have supported them for not just years, but decades.

Let Hasbro know how you feel. Write them a letter:

Hasbro, Inc.
1027 Newport Avenue
Pawtucket, RI 02862.

Ping them on Twitter.

Most important thing is to BE RESPECTFUL, but I think it’s pretty clear to me that Hasbro at large doesn’t think G.I. Joe is even worth considering the future of, and that doesn’t sit well with me. Hopefully I’m not alone.

I have hundreds of friends in the G.I. Joe community that I would have never met without JoeCon. This isn’t just about toys, it’s about friends, family, and a little bit of joy in our lives. It’s just one small weekend a year where we ask that G.I. Joe maybe be one of the priorities for a change. I don’t think that’s too much to ask, but we need to convince Hasbro of this fact.

It’s on us. However you can do it, DO IT. It’s evident from that email above that plans don’t appear to be set in stone for 2017 for the G.I. Joe side of the house. We may be able to change some minds. If you’re passionate about it, do something about it. I know I will. Let’s try to come together on this!

This has riled people up into getting a Change.org petition going, and gotten people wondering if the brand is going to be limited to lines strictly for association with any future films.

I personally think the revival line of figures largely sucks, and the films are awful, and the conventions can continue just fine without Hasbro.

Besides, as long as Hasbro owns a property they think they can get something for, they'll continue to milk it whenever they can, so I doubt the brand will go away. I kind of hope they try to do for GI Joe what Matty Collector did for He-Man: Create a high-quality line for fans of the vintage 80s series.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Well, it makes sense that GIJoe, as it stands in the current world politic climate, is a problematic brand. It's essentially the US fighting terrorists, something that hits a little too close to home these days. I can see Hasbro wanting to shelve that concept for a while.

At least with Transformers, yes it's a essentially a war toy, there's more than enough wiggle room in the concept to play around. Hell, the current comics line of TF has the 4 million year Autobot/Decepticon war actually over, and is exploring what peacetime means. Plus it's about giant robots.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

In other G.I. Joe news: (a funny joke article)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I don't collect much from TFs anymore except Masterpiece, but this move away from Fun Pub is the best thing I've heard in awhile. That company suckssssssss.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 16, 2016

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
ATTENTION: The Hottoys Civil War Hawkeye has an Antman arrow. That is all.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

After about two emails Mondo sent me a replacement turtle figure. Their customer support is excellent and so is the figure

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is it bad that I saw that picture and immediately thought of the henchman from Robocop who got melted by toxic waste and splattered on the windshield of a car?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Joe Fisto posted:

ATTENTION: The Hottoys Civil War Hawkeye has an Antman arrow. That is all.

Yeah but Hawkeye is most boring character design ever.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

After about two emails Mondo sent me a replacement turtle figure. Their customer support is excellent and so is the figure

That sure looks like a thing that's worth arguing with people over to have in my home where I sleep every day

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Travis343 posted:

That sure looks like a thing that's worth arguing with people over to have in my home where I sleep every day

It's a conversation starter! Conversations such as "Please put that thing away, it's awful."

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I have the one painted like mikey and I love it

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

Is it bad that I saw that picture and immediately thought of the henchman from Robocop who got melted by toxic waste and splattered on the windshield of a car?

Is there a figure of this? I want a figure of this.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Frankston posted:

Is there a figure of this? I want a figure of this.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Toy lines in the 90's gave no fucks.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I actually had that as a kid, haha. Those RoboCop toys were awesome.

He was called Pudface Morgan here though.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Frankston posted:

Oh weird, I didn't notice the wrong name. I just grabbed the first pic I found of the figure.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

So that's pretty much the only pose people will leave him in I hope.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That pose might not actually be possible without breaking something. It hasn't been with past figures, but the new Hawkeye's totally exposed left arm might help.

Promo photos often use poses that are damaging to the clothes or joints.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Frankston posted:

Pudface isn't the same guy who was turned into a mutant and splattered by a car in the movie, FYI.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Red posted:

Pudface isn't the same guy who was turned into a mutant and splattered by a car in the movie, FYI.

It seems like they definitely wanted to intimate they were, given the origins of Pudface.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

It seems like they definitely wanted to intimate they were, given the origins of Pudface.

Well considering Emile got turned to mush it's not really possible.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Well considering Emile got turned to mush it's not really possible.

Actually, he got a job working in a hospital.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Eating cancer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

Eating cancer.

He was a real cut-up.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I heard HE LIKED IT!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Red posted:

Correct, that would be Ted Cruz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Red posted:

Yeah I know. I also knew that the tv series was garbage when I was a kid so I never bothered watching it, even though I was a huge Robocop fan.

The cartoon was rad though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp4Sqn0eX_Q