Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

They wanted the Spidey and the non-battle damaged versions of Cap and Iron Man. Jeez, somebody spent a long loving time on that.

Aren't the single packed and 3-pack essentially the same figures? I mean, how long would that really take to swap them out? 10 minutes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Rhyno posted:

Aren't the single packed and 3-pack essentially the same figures? I mean, how long would that really take to swap them out? 10 minutes?

Yeah they just have the burnt paint apps. I mean dude had to stand there in a store and open two single card figures and a three pack, pull out four figures and swap them around, and close all the packaging back up. Yeah Cap and Iron Man would fit right in the plastic tray but that still seems like a pretty good amount of time for nobody to say "Uh, excuse me sir?"

Maybe they staged a big spill somewhere in the store.

VV In retrospect this is much more likely

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 30, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Or he could have bought them, brought em home, swapped em out and brought the others back for a refund.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

My second package arrived this week and I got NECA's Evil Dead II Ash. I'm way more happy with him than the New Nightmare Freddy. My only complaint is that he doesn't come with a chainsaw.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That still puzzles me. They don't include the one iconic feature of Ash in their figure.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rogue One 6" toys just went up on Amazon -

Captain Cassian Andor - $19.99

Death Trooper - $19.99

K-2SO - $19.99

Jyn Erso - $15.99

The other two are Rey and Unmasked Kylo, but they seem to not be in stock yet.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 30, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

therealjon_ posted:

Rogue One 6" toys just went up on Amazon -

Captain Cassian Andor

Death Trooper

K-2SO

Jyn Erso

The other two are Rey and Unmasked Kylo, but they seem to not be in stock yet.

I noticed Toys R Us has them cheaper, but Amazon doesn't want to price match, bah.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 30, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

Yeah they just have the burnt paint apps. I mean dude had to stand there in a store and open two single card figures and a three pack, pull out four figures and swap them around, and close all the packaging back up. Yeah Cap and Iron Man would fit right in the plastic tray but that still seems like a pretty good amount of time for nobody to say "Uh, excuse me sir?"

Maybe they staged a big spill somewhere in the store.

VV In retrospect this is much more likely

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Or he could have bought them, brought em home, swapped em out and brought the others back for a refund.

Yeah it never even occurred to me that he did that swap in store.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The_Doctor posted:

I finally found an ML Black Panther! In B&N of all places.

Also, I saw this in a Walmart. Tsk.

That's the first time I've ever seen a swap that it kind of makes since the store didn't catch it. Normally it's a totally different figure from the box that obviously isn't right.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So why is Rey in this Rogue One shipment anyway? If it was her end of the movie outfit then I would have no problem, but it just another re-release of her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People still want Rey.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

People still want Rey.

True, I just hope it not like when they re-release Kylo and stores still have extras of him.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rirse posted:

That still puzzles me. They don't include the one iconic feature of Ash in their figure.

They have to do a completely different figure for the chainsaw look. He gets that at the end when his clothes are all hosed up. They did make a chainsaw Ash, and it's pretty great.

I'll pick this Ash up because I never picked up the Demon Ash, so this will work.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

featurecreep posted:

Pretty sure I do, the downside is I'm out of town for a tech conference all week. PM me to remind me and I can check on Friday.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of the whole figure either if you want, either. Not really feeling Marvel Legends from that era anymore.

I don't have PM, but if you can check about this today, please let me know.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hot Toys added some Luke from TFA pics on their facebook.

Hand looks... way less techy than his dad's fake hand did. Sort of like a reworked endoskeleton hand.

No real accessories other than a display base. I thought they'd at least include his saber hilt.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Stopped by Toys R Us between classes just in time to see some guy buy 5 of the exclusive Black Series Hovertank Driver. :sigh: Got everything else I wanted though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rogue One Vader has a giant crotch padding as well. It totally sticks out and makes me not want to get it.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
I thought folks where squeeing over the Rogue One rumor that its Vader being just like the ANH version, including his inner sur-coat going over his shoulder armor instead of under it.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Rogue One Vader has a giant crotch padding as well. It totally sticks out and makes me not want to get it.

That's how Vader rolled back then before the original trilogy. The guy was probably in his early 40s, still playing the field.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Kind of shocked by the sheer volume of toys still on the shelves as of this afternoon. My local WalMart had literally dozens of each figure. Either Hasbro shipped a fuckload more product this time around, or interest in Rogue One is a fraction of what Force Awakens had. Probably some combination of the two.

Anyway, I managed to get everything I *sort of* wanted; kinda meh about this first wave. Probably going to regret all of these purchases, too, when HTS is blowing out the entire line of Rogue One 6" figures a year from now at $5 shipped.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dunno, at my Toys R Us all we have left for Black last night is six Rey and one Kylo who fell behind the pegs. I managed to get only Cassian as he was under the counter due to be misplaced and saved for anyone.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

As hyped as I am for Rogue One and how fantastic it looks. I have 0 need / desire to get any of the black series figures. I may get the AT-ST Lego and the black Imperial Shuttle (it looks beautiful!)

http://www.slashgear.com/star-wars-rogue-one-director-krennics-shuttle-lego-review-30458264/

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want the robot guy. He looks neat. Pass on everyone else until the film comes out.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Rirse posted:

Dunno, at my Toys R Us all we have left for Black last night is six Rey and one Kylo who fell behind the pegs. I managed to get only Cassian as he was under the counter due to be misplaced and saved for anyone.

Seeing a mountain of Reys at every store was kind of a bummer. She went from semi-scarce to potential shelfwarmer status over night, by the look of it.

K-2SO (the droid) seemed to be the scarcest figure of the day, based on the few stores I stopped at. Also saw far fewer 3.75" figures overall, compared to 6"s. Seems like those either didn't ship in the same kind of volume, or stores underordered because tons of crap figures from old waves are still on the pegs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rirse posted:

So why is Rey in this Rogue One shipment anyway? If it was her end of the movie outfit then I would have no problem, but it just another re-release of her.

It's the one with the lightsaber that was not widely distributed in the last wave.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

It's the one with the lightsaber that was not widely distributed in the last wave.

Yeah I noticed later on she had a lightsaber and her face looked a lot nicer then the old figure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Captain Morose posted:

Seeing a mountain of Reys at every store was kind of a bummer. She went from semi-scarce to potential shelfwarmer status over night, by the look of it.

K-2SO (the droid) seemed to be the scarcest figure of the day, based on the few stores I stopped at. Also saw far fewer 3.75" figures overall, compared to 6"s. Seems like those either didn't ship in the same kind of volume, or stores underordered because tons of crap figures from old waves are still on the pegs.

I found a K-2SO at a Target. They had everyone there. But that robot just looked bitchin. And it's true. He's the standout for sure. Even if the movie and the character is bad, the figure and design are A+.

Oh and I snagged that new Ash too. He's gonna be displayed with the Evil Ash head and I'll use the rest of the set for extra parts.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh poo poo, I take it back. After pulling out my original Ash, I'm gonna stick with the new one. The old Ash is kinda lovely. Really weird leg articulation and horrible paint apps on the face. Also the head joints are completely different so I had to use tack to stick the Evil Ash head on. Oh well. It works!

Get the new Ash. It's great.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

I want the robot guy. He looks neat. Pass on everyone else until the film comes out.

Yeah, unfortunately right now we mostly have a lot of human/humanoid figures. Hard to get excited about random people we don't know anything about. Cool aliens, neat robots, etc. are less a part of the previews than in other movies. I might be excited and buy them all after the movie but for now it's easier not to have to go to the store and find them.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

CelticPredator posted:

K-2 is pretty fun, and surprisingly well articulated. I grabbed one of him, Cassian and a Death Trooper. Waiting on Walmart to ship a preorder of Jyn I had too, because they had her knocked down to like $12.00 at the time.

K-2 is definitely the best of the bunch from what I can tell.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The legs on my Deathtrooper and my Jyn were super loose, so I had to put them on peg bases. Good sculpts though. My K2 should be arriving today from Amazon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I managed to find a robot dude at a Target, and he's pretty nifty. I chose wisely.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

My DX Link Between Worlds arrived yesterday evening. He's pretty teeny for the price but he's the scale I would want him to be next to my other toys. Everything about this figure is amazing, though. And the accessories are plentiful and awesome. I am wondering how hard it would be to make more accessories for him, I want to have every item from Link to the Past in figma form.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Hammer and canes would be pretty easy, I bet. Rods too. Can't remember what else he'd be missing, unless you want to make the medallions. The book?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The big one is the bow & arrows. He's got a bomb and hookshot already. The DX Twilight Princess link is getting a bow, though. I'm still on the fence about that because I didn't like the game very much and I've got three loving Links at this point. But maaaaan that figure looks nice, and the accessories on the DX version are extraordinarily cool. I'm definitely getting TwiPri Zelda and for the love of God I hope they dip into Ganondorf.

A titan's mitt would be pretty sweet. Little compass and map. A boomerang would be really easy to do.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

purple death ray posted:

The big one is the bow & arrows. He's got a bomb and hookshot already. The DX Twilight Princess link is getting a bow, though. I'm still on the fence about that because I didn't like the game very much and I've got three loving Links at this point. But maaaaan that figure looks nice, and the accessories on the DX version are extraordinarily cool. I'm definitely getting TwiPri Zelda and for the love of God I hope they dip into Ganondorf.

A titan's mitt would be pretty sweet. Little compass and map. A boomerang would be really easy to do.

All the links are unique enough that I can justify getting all three, new molds every time.

I dunno, figma's better about not reusing molds/pieces from previous figures than SH Figuarts.

Plus it'd be weird to have Skyward Sword/ALBW Link alongside TP Zelda. I'd want them to be alongside their respective Zelda's but I doubt we'll get them ever. :(

RMZXAnarchy fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 2, 2016

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

The Action Man posted:

I don't have PM, but if you can check about this today, please let me know.

Sorry about disappearing like that. The flames are MIA. :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yay no more hunting for Scarlet Witch.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/782632850998849536/photo/1

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

featurecreep posted:

Sorry about disappearing like that. The flames are MIA. :(

Well, darn. Thanks for checking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nice! I can almost tell what you took a picture of!