Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

Lmao

I sent this to my brother because it amused me.

:lol: This is so good.

Who have they done from Rebels in Black Series?

Sabine, Hera and Kanan? So just Ezra, Zeb and Chopper left to release with no info on Zeb? I need to grab these before they become even more expensive. Sabine is going for $40 CAD. :o

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isn't MSRP in Canada like $34.99?

The Ahsoka they did is the Rebels version isn't it?

The Moon
Jun 8, 2006
In Space

Xenomrph posted:

Do people think the Walgreens exclusive ML Magik is going to get pretty good distribution? People are already scalping the ever loving poo poo out of it on eBay and I figure I�ll get ahead of the curve and ask one of you guys to middle-man one for me if you see it, unless distribution is going to be plentiful.

I live in central Iowa and most of the walgreens here have her. One easily had like 10.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Vintersorg posted:

Sabine, Hera and Kanan? So just Ezra, Zeb and Chopper left to release with no info on Zeb? I need to grab these before they become even more expensive. Sabine is going for $40 CAD. :o

Everyone but Zeb, now. Ezra was shown off at NYCC.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Moon posted:

I live in central Iowa and most of the walgreens here have her. One easily had like 10.

Would you be up for middle-manning one for me if I cant find one locally in the near future?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

There's also Ahsoka, Thrawn, and next year they'll have a Rocket/Jumptrooper.

They're about to start doing more of the larger figs like Grievous and the Gammorean Guard at the $30 price point, and I'd bet money you'll see a Zeb in that line next year.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 10, 2018

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Is it me or are the new DC Multiverse figures in the blue box good, now? I feel weird saying that, but they are so much better than the old ones. It's like they finally take real pride in their work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Is it me or are the new DC Multiverse figures in the blue box good, now? I feel weird saying that, but they are so much better than the old ones. It's like they finally take real pride in their work.

Welp, time to cancel the line.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
This piece of awesomeness arrived from Japan today.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

If they make the full line, I'm all over it, but I'm not holding out hope.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
They showed a “Real Folk Blues” version with trench coat, bloody face and the “bang” hand too.

But yes. We need the whole crew at minimum, + Vicious.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nanigans posted:

They showed a “Real Folk Blues” version with trench coat, bloody face and the “bang” hand too.

But yes. We need the whole crew at minimum, + Vicious.

Yeah, it's not like it has a big cast of characters, and it's one of the best animes ever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
And actual Cowboy Bebop figures are rare enough as is.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Thing is Bebop wasn’t big in Japan at all, so this is strictly for the Western market. Let’s hope people showed enough interest to get them made.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

It’s probably hosed then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even if they did them all it would take 13 years to complete.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nanigans posted:

Thing is Bebop wasn’t big in Japan at all, so this is strictly for the Western market. Let’s hope people showed enough interest to get them made.

I have never understood how it wasn't big in Japan.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuzz posted:

Sexy Commando Gaiden Sugoiyo Masarusan came out at the same time, Cowboy bebop never had a chance

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Fuzz posted:

It only aired on cable/satellite iirc. Also unlike the US it probably ran like only once or twice instead of being on constant repeat for what feels like two decades

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It also was intentionally going for a Western feel. I don’t think it was very popular, though it got a movie, so maybe?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Good to see Japan has no taste.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All anime is terrible but I will buy those and secretly love them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

:same:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

We found your Tumblr it's not that secret.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, Trigun, Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop all came out in the same year. The entire genre of space western existed in one year in Japan, and then died forever

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol, Trigun, Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop all came out in the same year. The entire genre of space western existed in one year in Japan, and then died forever

It probably didn’t help that only one of those was worth watching

I loved Outlaw Star as a kid, but it’s a bad show

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The caster was neat though.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I just started using the pile of loot feature on BigBadToyStore, this could get out of hand. :sweatdrop:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

CRAYON posted:

I just started using the pile of loot feature on BigBadToyStore, this could get out of hand. :sweatdrop:

It saves you so much money on shipping, though. I've saved well over 100 bucks so far.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CRAYON posted:

When they started the option of choosing what you wanted to ship, instead of having the whole loot ship, that was a game changer for me.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Oh yeah it's amazing, but I think it's going to do two things:

1. Save me money on shipping.
2. Make me spend way more money on toys and figures I wouldn't have otherwise bought.

Unrelated, but I moved in with my fiancé recently and she would like me to purchase some sort of case to organize/display my figures. Is the DETOLF from Ikea the goto for cheap display cases?

CRAYON fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 13, 2018

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

CRAYON posted:

Oh yeah it's amazing, but I think it's going to do two things:

1. Save me money on shipping.
2. Make me spend way more money on toys and figures I wouldn't have otherwise bought.

Unrelated, but I moved in with my fiancé recently and she would like me to purchase some sort of case to organize/display my figures. Is the DETOLF from Ikea the goto for cheap display cases?

Detolfs look nice but they’re kind of a pain to wire for lighting. It’s tough to hide the cables if you light every shelf (or maybe I’m just bad at it?). I have a couple detolfs and one of these: https://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/60303481/ which looks nice but is kinda pricey.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
DETOLF is the one I see absolutely everywhere so I assume so. Beyond that you can get into expensive stuff like the BILLY bookcase with glass doors.

I'm kind of jealous of the detolfs I see but because I inherited this really old curio with a mirror back from my grandmother when she passed, which is amazing if you like antiques but it's dark as hell if the figure isn't right up to the glass.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone has Detolfs because a fully glass case like that is pretty ideal to show collectibles, and they're 4-5 times the price anywhere else.

What some people do is buy plastic cable tubing then run it up one of the supports.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I have both versions of the Fabrikor from Ikea: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00409032/#/00242278 and https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00363171/#/60363173

You lose some visibility on the corners but in exchange you can mount the LED lights and all the wires with them in those hidden corners and out the bottom. Something I did with them, that you can just as easily do with the Detolf is add window film to the back glass panel. Most of us have the backside of our displays up against a wall anyways so theres no view behind youd be blocking, so by adding the film you can hide wires behind the cabinet. It can also diffuse soft light coming in from the back if you wanted it to.

Also regarding the Detolf, you can make risers to fit under the wooden base that will lift the case so that the bottom shelf is more visible. I heard once that there was a drawer you could buy that was the right size to do this.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I use KALLAX shelves from Ikea because they come in all sorts of sizes and are modular, plus depending on the layout you can leave out separators here and there to get double wide/double height spaces.

My goal was to basically make a diorama for each one, but that's sorta stalled since I've been busy... as of now only one dio is complete.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blackchamber posted:

I have both versions of the Fabrikor from Ikea: https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00409032/#/00242278 and https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00363171/#/60363173

You lose some visibility on the corners but in exchange you can mount the LED lights and all the wires with them in those hidden corners and out the bottom. Something I did with them, that you can just as easily do with the Detolf is add window film to the back glass panel. Most of us have the backside of our displays up against a wall anyways so theres no view behind youd be blocking, so by adding the film you can hide wires behind the cabinet. It can also diffuse soft light coming in from the back if you wanted it to.

Also regarding the Detolf, you can make risers to fit under the wooden base that will lift the case so that the bottom shelf is more visible. I heard once that there was a drawer you could buy that was the right size to do this.

The riser people always used was actually part of the Billy line I think.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Awesome information everyone, gives me a lot of options. I think I'll start by trying the DETOLF because I like the visibility it allows.

Aphrodite posted:

The riser people always used was actually part of the Billy line I think.

Any idea if this is it? https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00323359/#/50263862

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

I use KALLAX shelves from Ikea because they come in all sorts of sizes and are modular, plus depending on the layout you can leave out separators here and there to get double wide/double height spaces.

My goal was to basically make a diorama for each one, but that's sorta stalled since I've been busy... as of now only one dio is complete.

I have a large amount of EXPEDIT shelving, the older version of KALLAX. Thankfully most of the inserts are cross compatible. As for risers, I use cabinet organizers and they work out pretty nicely. I just wish I could find clear ones for cheap.