Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

I hope this is a start for Hot Toys to do more animated stuff. I would kill for a Star Wars Rebels line.

God, that sculpt is amazing. Going to be grabbing that on a preorder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jesus Christ that looks like it stepped right off the screen, that’s uncanny.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Yeah I’m getting that. Hope they do Peter and Gwen too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

Jesus Christ that looks like it stepped right off the screen, that’s uncanny.

I wouldn't doubt if they just used the 3D models from the film to create the molds.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

It really looks incredible.

I know GameStop marks up the prices on figures, but I didn’t realize by how much. I FINALLY saw Dr Doom while in a GameStop so I had to get it. I didn’t look at the price until I noticed it got rung up for $30! Crazy. I mean it’s ok, Doom is worth it, but I’d never buy a figure from GameStop that I get elsewhere if I can now.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Same thing happened to me. Can’t really find it online for much cheaper.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hm, I wonder if they are marking up the price of Dr. Doom specifically to match demand/scarcity?

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hm, I wonder if they are marking up the price of Dr. Doom specifically to match demand/scarcity?

It's all Legends, AFAIK. They're reaching to make money.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The MSRP for Black Series figures is going up to $21.99 from $19.99, so I’d assume the same will happen to Legends if it hasn’t already.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've mentioned the ML price increase but people seem to think it isnt happening.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Hasbro has been pretty whimsical with the price increase. Most stuff announced from Toy Fair was set at $19.99 MSRP still.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
The AEW figures are going to be 23.99 evidently. They better be worth it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Hasbro has been pretty whimsical with the price increase. Most stuff announced from Toy Fair was set at $19.99 MSRP still.

Cost per unit increases have been reported by stores that have Hasbro accounts so the bigger places might be able to keep the price down but smaller chains or independent stores won't.

In similar news, the cost per unit for the new McF DC figures is $19 per figure. That's the cost before markup. It's pretty clear they don't want small shops to be able to compete.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Is that a Diamond thing because that certainly wasn’t our cost?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, Diamond. Sorry I wasnt clear.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Finally, we've been waiting for this for years

edit: and before anyone asks, yes, it comes with the hat

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 2, 2020

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Yeah yeah, I know I have to dust.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Gripweed posted:

Finally, we've been waiting for this for years

edit: and before anyone asks, yes, it comes with the hat

But will it come with :stare: eyes?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
All those Daredevils and not one turned around looking the wrong way. drat.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Miles us up for preorder on Sideshow. No deposit. $267.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

Miles us up for preorder on Sideshow. No deposit. $267.

Ffffffffff. Will other places be cheaper?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sideshow is everyone else's distributor in NA so I would think not.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat. They are getting crazy with the prices.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

You don't pay until it starts to ship, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sometimes a week or two early but they do email you a few times ahead of the payment date.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yep.

Preordered without hesitation. Now I gotta cancel that young rich figure. I hope it secretly got canned so I don’t have to send some email to TNS toys trying to cancel it lmao.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You don't pay until it starts to ship, right?

You can do a payment plan or you can just pay when it arrives

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Miles doesn’t have a payment plan apparently. Not sure why.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

Miles doesn’t have a payment plan apparently. Not sure why.

That’s weird.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

But the bullet and reordered Miles on Sideshow. Well, at least I have 18 months to put the money aside. :ohdear:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I have one of those bootleg miles on preorder but the site doesn’t even have the page anymore and no place to cancel so I just disconnect my card from my PayPal and just gonna hope it works itself out and just canceled quietly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm waiting for a Canadian site to put it up there, because Sideshow will get me hit with taxes and enormous shipping costs.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Marvel Legends are half off at Walgreens, up to the Fantastic Four wave. I got the Velocity Suit Spider-Man for 10 bucks; if there's something that's been peg-warming at your Walgreens for 3 years, now's the time to buy it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

"Some" Targets are getting a "limited" restock of the NECA Bebop and Rocksteady 2-pack, whatever that means. So if you're trying to find them, keep an eye out! If anyone happens across them and doesn't want them, I'm trying to get two sets (one for myself, one for my friend).

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 5, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I'm having a real bitch of a time trying to find a protective case for my very valuable vintage carded She-Ra. I asked a while ago when I was being overly vague because the auction was still pending, and got a few hints about makers of action figure cases. I've been looking into it since then, and I found that it's very easy to find protective cases fitted to just about every kind of Star Wars toy, but there's not a lot out there for MOTU and less for Princess of Power. The one website I found actually selling a PoP-specific case didn't have it in stock.

The card is quite large - that was a big reason why I liked it enough to drop Hoy Toys money on a tiny action figure from 1984, because the packaging art is :krad:, but this also makes it really difficult to find a big enough case to protect it. It's just a hair over 12" tall, 6.5" wide, and right around 2" deep. The bubble comes up almost 8 inches from the bottom. This is not going to fit in a case made for a little Star Wars guy. It might fit in a MOTU case; not sure about the precise dimensions on those.

At this time I'm not looking to get it permanently sealed in an AFA case, but it would be nice to get something high-quality that would protect it from the elements reasonably well, something sturdy and preferably UV-resistant. Suggestions welcome.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe a cereal box display case?

Yes, those exist.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

That could work... I'm not too surprised, my dad used to collect weird cereal boxes when I was a kid. It was just for fun, and he eventually just chucked them out I think, but I could picture somebody taking that hobby a lot more seriously.

After looking into it a little more, I found some good (but expensive) cases made for Masters of the Universe figures, but I also found out they probably won't work because those cards were about half an inch shorter. Rats!

In semi-related news, I found out you can now buy packs of replacement leg bands for vintage MOTU figures from some entrepreneurs on eBay. I found several broken ones when I was going through my old collection, so this is good news.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

As long as I'm on the subject, here's a snapshot of the little She-Ra Shelf I set up the other day:

I have never been a completist in terms of collecting every version of the character, but as soon as I set this up, I kinda regretted not at least picking up a MOTUC She-Ra. They're so expensive now. I'm also tempted to make a really fancy custom figure...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I hope they make some better figures for the Netflix She-Ra. Those that came out recently (and went straight to clearance at target?) were pretty terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think the reception of those figures pretty much guarantees there won’t be any more She-Ra Netflix stuff.