Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

General Wishy posted:

May not work for all your figures but for only $5 it couldn't be a waste.

http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297
Those aren't a bad deal since shipping is more reasonable now. Shipping is only $6. But if someone wants to buy a ton and distribute them, that might not be a bad idea either.
Want me to order a ton? Does this make any sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater

Stage of History posted:

Those aren't a bad deal since shipping is more reasonable now. Shipping is only $6. But if someone wants to buy a ton and distribute them, that might not be a bad idea either.

I guess it would depend on how many we could get in/the savings therein. I've got 11 figs just on my desk right now (though some are more stable than others), so I'd need 2 bags full as is.

fake edit: Crap, I was hoping McFarlane would have some actual figure I could get to make shipping worth it, but they don't have ANY of the large-scale military figures.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone seen the Nemesis wave in retail yet? Besides that guy on TFW2005 the only place I've seen them is on bbts for like, 200 bucks for the case.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Found a website with a small selection, but pretty decent prices on DC Directs:
http://www.halscomicandcards.com/servlet/the-Figures%2C-Action-and-Mini-bust/Categories

I nabbed a DC Direct Crisis of Infinite Earths Anti-Monitor Figure for $11.65 shipped. Few bucks off normal CBS prices and quite a bit off of Ebay rates.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

Donde Esta posted:

Found a website with a small selection, but pretty decent prices on DC Directs:
http://www.halscomicandcards.com/servlet/the-Figures%2C-Action-and-Mini-bust/Categories

I nabbed a DC Direct Crisis of Infinite Earths Anti-Monitor Figure for $11.65 shipped. Few bucks off normal CBS prices and quite a bit off of Ebay rates.

drat, wish I could tell if they shipped to Canada or not. I've been looking for that Hush Alfred forever.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found wave 7 of DCUC tonight at my local TRU. Had Flash, Kid Flash, Big Barda and the Batman and Green Lantern from the previous waves that didn't come with parts. No Aqua Man or Blue Beetle though.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 27, 2009

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Anyone find the Wolverine Origins 3.5's? Trying to look for the comic suit Deadpool is a mother.....

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

The Rage posted:

Found wave 7 of DCUC tonight at my local TRU. Had Flash, Kid Flash, Big Barda and the Batman and Green Lantern from the previous waves that didn't come with parts. No Aqua Man or Blue Beetle though.

Blue Beetle, Aquaman, and Booster Gold come out in the second shipments.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fish Of Doom posted:

Blue Beetle, Aquaman, and Booster Gold come out in the second shipments.

Wait, seriously? Of the DC Universe Classics, not the lovely 3" figures?

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

bgaesop posted:

Wait, seriously? Of the DC Universe Classics, not the lovely 3" figures?

gently caress. There just went a pile of cash. I assume it's a Ted Blue Beetle, right?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Jack Skeleton posted:

Anyone find the Wolverine Origins 3.5's? Trying to look for the comic suit Deadpool is a mother.....

I've got Deadpool and Gambit standing on my desk. The Gambit's surprisingly nice; Deadpool has trouble holding aaaaanything with one of his hands and one of his hip joints was painted freaking over. It's kind've a doofy line, all things considered.

Anyway, my store has them, and we don't have, uh, much. Deadpool seems to be the shortpack, though.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

When should the Blue Beetles hit? Dying for one and won't be home till Mar 7th-15th for school. That's pretty much the only time I'll have a car.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

bairfanx posted:

gently caress. There just went a pile of cash. I assume it's a Ted Blue Beetle, right?

For some reason Wave 7 was split into 2 parts.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

RKOMG! posted:

I've got Deadpool and Gambit standing on my desk. The Gambit's surprisingly nice; Deadpool has trouble holding aaaaanything with one of his hands and one of his hip joints was painted freaking over. It's kind've a doofy line, all things considered.

Anyway, my store has them, and we don't have, uh, much. Deadpool seems to be the shortpack, though.

So is Deadpool worth the $14-18 I'd probably have to shell out to get him over the internet?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Donde Esta posted:

So is Deadpool worth the $14-18 I'd probably have to shell out to get him over the internet?

I'll find you one bro. :hehe:

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Stage of History posted:

Haha sweet, you always come through.

What's your opinion of them at this point? I know you've picked up a few. I'm definitely not collecting the whole line, but I can't really turn down a Deadpool and probably wouldn't shun a Cable if they ever do him.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I still can't get excited about the scale so I returned all the ones I had but I can't stop freakin' shopping for things.
Soon you will be able to follow my twitter and claim items I buy there. Yes. I have problems.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

RKOMG! posted:

Glad I ordered mine from HTS then. I have yet to see either in the wild, though. So far, I've only seen brown, blue/yellow, and wife-beater Wolvy.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 28, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Does anyone have the GI Joe target exclusive two pack with the Mobat? I have a question about it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Stage of History posted:

If you order a ton I'll get in on it. I know I'm a bit late on the response, but I'm gonna reorganize my figures and need stands.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
I saw the Wolverine line Deadpool in stores like a week ago. A lot of stores by me don't have the figures at all yet, but based one what I've seen he's short-packed. The case assortment must be something like 1 random other character for every 20-something Wolverine variants.

I didn't pick him up because the one that I saw had a lot of fugly paint smudges and I'm not good at correcting that poo poo on my own. He looks kinda cool though. I do have to wonder if whoever designed the toy ever actually saw a sai in person before. The one that comes with him is like 1/3 of his body size.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Stage of History posted:

You always seem to say you found figures at Meijer and other Michigan area stores but where in the state are you? I'm in Ann Arbor and no store around here ever seems to have any selection. The Toys R Us, Wal*Marts and everything else have been crappy Clone Wars figures, Spectacular Spider-Man and WWE figures since December.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
So... I went back to first TRU I saw the Marvel Universe figures at, and... they're complete gone, so is the space that was cleared out for them, and it's been replaced by pegs of Iron Man movie toys.

... the gently caress?

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I haven't seen a new DCUC or Marvel Legend since loving Christmas in The Target and Walmart by my house. It's driving me up the drat wall.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The Action Man posted:

I haven't seen a new DCUC or Marvel Legend since loving Christmas in The Target and Walmart by my house. It's driving me up the drat wall.

My local Target is pretty similar in that they will stock absolutely nothing new between the months of January and April. The isles are pretty barren from the christmas rush, and they probably won't care until May.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Yeah my Walmart back home is the same. I'd be damned if they carried anything other than a wall full of the spider-man crap and another wall of muggs. My Target is usually on top of things though.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Action Serious posted:

You always seem to say you found figures at Meijer and other Michigan area stores but where in the state are you? I'm in Ann Arbor and no store around here ever seems to have any selection. The Toys R Us, Wal*Marts and everything else have been crappy Clone Wars figures, Spectacular Spider-Man and WWE figures since December.

I'll never reveal my secret :hehe:

Seriously can a GI Joe fan help me out? What are the copyright dates on the bottom of the new MOBAT and HISS Tank?

Mr. Fixit
Jan 28, 2003

Stage of History posted:

Seriously can a GI Joe fan help me out? What are the copyright dates on the bottom of the new MOBAT and HISS Tank?

Haha. Fwiw, whenever I'm up in Flint for the holidays, there always seems to be a fair supply of hard to find action figures.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Stage of History posted:

HISS Tank is 2004, can't help you on the MOBAT though.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

The Action Man posted:

Wow, this reminds me that I never saw a single of the FF wave at any store in my town. gently caress, time to scour ebay for a Doom.

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
Seriously? You guys think the marvel universe figures look good? Deadpool has a retarded huge sai, and Gambit looked terrible.

At least all of the ones I saw yesterday. At my local wal-mart, they said that they had them out, but they wern't allowed to sell them, they had two employees standing guard.

But most of the paint jobs were spotty, and I won't even go into the Wolverine Origins figures or the Wolverine & The X-men figures, minus Beast, who looked pretty decent.

In fact, the only decent one they had was the Silver Surfer, but i already have his mugg and a statue.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Picked up the MU Iron Man today, I think it's pretty neat. Not $8.44 neat by any means but I'm not too concerned since I'm not going to get too many of these things. My only real complaint is that the torso's reeeaaally thin. I know this is a common problem with any IM fig but from the side he really does look like a flimsy robot instead of a guy wearing armor.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Randomly my Target got in wave 2 of DCUC. Picked up Harley Quinn and a Red Superman. I think they're clearing back stock.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Dunno if anyone cares but there's some good pics of wave 2 of NECA's new SFIV line up here:

http://youbentmywookie.com/news/neca-street-fighter-4-series-2-4100

Akuma's face looks a little odd but otherwise I like him and Guile. Chun-li's legs are thick as tree trunks though and it's freaking me out a little. I know that's her thing, but jeez. Might look better in person, I was a little iffy about the first wave but then I saw them in person and they're actually ok, just a different style than everyone's used to with SOTA.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Picked up the Watchmen movie Rorschach figure today at Spencers, he's pretty great.

I've just got a question - he came with a bunch of small little pieces and I'm not sure what one of them is for. Two of them are peg-stands you plug into the base so you can stand him up, but what's the grey little quadrangle thing? Looks kinda like
/___\
:confused:

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
^ ^ ^
It's a clip to connect the bases.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TheKingPuuChuu posted:

Seriously? You guys think the marvel universe figures look good? Deadpool has a retarded huge sai, and Gambit looked terrible.

Oddly enough, both of your examples are not Marvel Universe figures. :)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

TheKingPuuChuu posted:

The sai goes in the garbage. DP looks much better if you cut off the suspenders and leave the belt.

Gambit always looks terrible.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Satsuki posted:

Oddly enough, both of your examples are not Marvel Universe figures. :)

Yes they are... They are the same scale and considered a part of the line. Kinda like how the Spider-Man, Hulk and Fantastic Four Classics figures are technically a part of the Marvel Legends line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Xenomrph posted:

Picked up the Watchmen movie Rorschach figure today at Spencers, he's pretty great.

Same here, only mine came from TRU. Does your figure tend to lean to one side after a while?