Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Nanigans posted:

Woo! New base form Goku with manga colors, armorless base form Vegeta and manga-accurate Piccolo!

they're actually new movie colors, they're based on the Super Hero character designs, which is why Piccolo's shoes are a little rounder:

the new movie is happening to go manga accurate with Piccolo's colors though so it's neither here nor there. but worth pointing out there are minor differences in the sculpt. Piccolo's shoes, Vegeta's shirt, and I think maybe Goku's hair? all the faces look new too. I also love the manga colors so regardless of what they're based on I will probably pick them all up.

and 1st form Cell is awesome; if they're running back through all the arcs maybe we'll get androids 19 & 20 and then eventually, finally, Kid Buu, some day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Canopus250 posted:

I've got about half of it already so I could never justify going all in on that, but if you reach a point of parceling it out I'd want at least four of them. I totally understand if that's not what you want to do though.

Yeah, getting rid of the whole lot in one sale is the goal. I know what'd be picked first and be stuck with roadblock and duke if I didn't go with a lot. However, if I'm unsuccessful selling the whole lot I will come here to part it out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Take the Duke and explode him Sid style

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Duke is actually one of the ones I never found in store. I don't love that version but if they don't do another one my brain worms would make me want him.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Nanigans posted:

Woo! New base form Goku with manga colors, armorless base form Vegeta and manga-accurate Piccolo!

And first form Cell!

Gonna get all of these. Those smirking faces for Goku and Piccolo are awesome. Plus, the colors are awesome. I’m such a mark for these. :swoon:

So that’s a new base form goku? maybe I’ll cancel this preorder I have of the old one and get this one instead. Also I love the Vegeta, that one is a no brainer for me.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is there any info on when those new Dragon Ball figures will be up for preorder?

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

robot roll call posted:

So that’s a new base form goku? maybe I’ll cancel this preorder I have of the old one and get this one instead. Also I love the Vegeta, that one is a no brainer for me.

it's new yeah but it seems like the only differences between it and the SROE (saiyan raised on earth) version is the faces and the colors. not sure which one you have on preorder. the most recent goku release is a SSJ cell saga version, so this one (non-ssj head, different belt and the kanji on the front and back of the gi) would differ quite a bit from that one.

Shiroc posted:

Is there any info on when those new Dragon Ball figures will be up for preorder?

not yet. instamashii and bluefin are good accounts to follow on insta to keep up to date. there should be a ssgss kaioken exclusive going up on p-bandai shortly as part of the nycc stuff. not sure if this new stuff will be p-bandai or not; i'm guessing these will be regular releases but it's hard to say. a majority of the dragonball figuarts releases have been US p-bandai lately, including the Zarbon revealed today, which will go up for pre-order tonight.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Oh I really want that whatever ssgss kaioken means in terms of Goku other than 'looks cool as a toy.' I got like 2 full weeks thinking I had all of the Gokus locked up.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It’s what he used against Hit when they first fought. They made a figure of it in the Dragon Stars line. He has a red hue, and doesn’t have the blue undershirt.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I was able to finish off the BAF Age of Apocalypse Colossus today (still waiting on Magneto). AoA was one of my favorite storylines growing up and I just love that we are getting figs from it. I want more waves! There are so many cool characters in the story that would make killer toys. Maybe AoA isn't everyone's cup 'o tea, but it is definitely mine.

Husk:

Holocaust (Nemesis)

Nightcrawler

Chamber

Abyss

Sinister

Professor X

There are plenty more.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

JoeGlassJAw posted:

it's new yeah but it seems like the only differences between it and the SROE (saiyan raised on earth) version is the faces and the colors. not sure which one you have on preorder. the most recent goku release is a SSJ cell saga version, so this one (non-ssj head, different belt and the kanji on the front and back of the gi) would differ quite a bit from that one.

The cut of the orange shirt is also different. The new one has the deeper "V" cut, which I find a lot nicer and is the look he sports for most of the Z and Super series. Obviously kanji/belts differ, but ever since Cell saga, Toriyama and Toei have drawn his orange shirt to have the deeper "V". I associate the less deep look to be from Raditz>Freeza.

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s what he used against Hit when they first fought. They made a figure of it in the Dragon Stars line. He has a red hue, and doesn’t have the blue undershirt.

Not quite. You're thinking of this:

But the figure they're making is this:

Same technique, different outfit and level of battle damage.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Yeah, getting rid of the whole lot in one sale is the goal. I know what'd be picked first and be stuck with roadblock and duke if I didn't go with a lot. However, if I'm unsuccessful selling the whole lot I will come here to part it out.

How much is a lot like that?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

How much is a lot like that?

Plain retail is about 500, though I’m bad at math. Factor in the couple that probably go for less, and the ones that sell for more it adds all up to I don’t fuckin know really.

Honest question; anyone know what’d be fair? I’m not good at this part.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Sooo…if it doesn’t sell as a lot and you end up parceling it out here, is it bad form to start calling dibs? Cause I want Destro. Maybe Barroness as well. Def Baroness, gently caress that motor bike though.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I felt extremely seen and understood by this meme:

Come on, Thundercats...

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Plain retail is about 500, though I’m bad at math. Factor in the couple that probably go for less, and the ones that sell for more it adds all up to I don’t fuckin know really.

I assume you aren't selling at retail?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I assume you aren't selling at retail?

Are you interested?

Final product shots of HT Lando
https://www.reddit.com/r/hottoys/comments/q3tgou/lando_calrissian_final_product_pictures_released/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Make Padme you jerks, you're going to have to make Portman Thor anyway.

(they're not gonna make Portman Thor, they never make the cool female characters)

My Armorer got held up in shipping and now with the holiday Monday I probably won't get it until Tuesday. Lame.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I played with GI Joes for more time than any other line growing up -- Star Wars was my first love but the Joes lasted the longest. I had shied away from the new Joes because they were hard to find or whatever but could see having updated versions of my old friends.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I played with GI Joes for more time than any other line growing up -- Star Wars was my first love but the Joes lasted the longest. I had shied away from the new Joes because they were hard to find or whatever but could see having updated versions of my old friends.

Why don't you slide on into my DMs?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Why don't you slide on into my DMs?

lol

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Aphrodite posted:

(they're not gonna make Portman Thor, they never make the cool female characters)
I dunno, their Hela figure is pretty great. I’d put money on Portman Thor getting made.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I am unreasonably vexed at how badly I want a complete Guardians of the Multiverse set. Peg's Winter Soldier outfit is total Malibu Stacy New Hat poo poo but I really want it anyway, dammit. Ditto Shield Natasha and Vegas Thor, even if all that's different on him is no beard, a Mjolnir covered in trash, and a tattoo.

gently caress, at this rate I'm gonna end up getting the whole darn What If wave for Uatu as well. Gah.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Xenomrph posted:

I dunno, their Hela figure is pretty great. I’d put money on Portman Thor getting made.

Same. I'd be surprised if they don't make her and rerelease the comics one as a store exclusive or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sentinel Red posted:

I am unreasonably vexed at how badly I want a complete Guardians of the Multiverse set. Peg's Winter Soldier outfit is total Malibu Stacy New Hat poo poo but I really want it anyway, dammit. Ditto Shield Natasha and Vegas Thor, even if all that's different on him is no beard, a Mjolnir covered in trash, and a tattoo.

gently caress, at this rate I'm gonna end up getting the whole darn What If wave for Uatu as well. Gah.

I definitely want the 6 figures, Uatu, and maybe even the Hydra Stomper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shiftypenguin posted:

Same. I'd be surprised if they don't make her and rerelease the comics one as a store exclusive or something.

Oh I was talking Hot Toys. Legends will definitely happen.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Aphrodite posted:

Oh I was talking Hot Toys. Legends will definitely happen.

Ah. Sorry. Nm then.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Sentinel Red posted:

I am unreasonably vexed at how badly I want a complete Guardians of the Multiverse set. Peg's Winter Soldier outfit is total Malibu Stacy New Hat poo poo but I really want it anyway, dammit.
The Winter Soldier outfit makes her Lego minifigures make a lot more sense. The Hydra Stomper lego set actually has her in her Winter Soldier outfit and I just thought that was Lego being lazy with the colors, since the lego set came out well before the What If episode with that outfit, and then they released her “traditional” outfit in a separate blind-bag. They probably should have reversed those but oh well.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Is there any information about if the blue kaoi ken Goku is actually coming out? NYCC is halfway through.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Shiroc posted:

Is there any information about if the blue kaoi ken Goku is actually coming out? NYCC is halfway through.

I was going to ask the same thing. Is this figure being sold anywhere outside of the actually physical convention? Maybe P-Bandai?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I have not yet watched “What If” but I will buy that Hydra Stomper if I see it, because I keep thinking about how cool it would look with a nice weathered paint job.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I was going to ask the same thing. Is this figure being sold anywhere outside of the actually physical convention? Maybe P-Bandai?

Yes, it will be sold on P-Bandai. No, we have no word about when yet.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

I'm not sure- BlueFin just put out their NYCC mailer for buying stuff online but it's not there- I'm not sure if it'll be a Tamashii Nations release instead.

The BlueFin page: https://www.bluefinbrands.com/?utm_..._eid=11322c1be8

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Upcoming Target exclusive:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1446547478887772162?s=21

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I'm not sure- BlueFin just put out their NYCC mailer for buying stuff online but it's not there- I'm not sure if it'll be a Tamashii Nations release instead.

The BlueFin page: https://www.bluefinbrands.com/?utm_..._eid=11322c1be8

I wonder if the production or shipping got hosed up and it isn't actually going to be available any time soon.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

My lovely wife got me the MOTU book and an Origins Mosquitor for my birthday. She's a keeper.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The P-Bandai release is likely going to be a preorder since they plan to sell all the in stock product at NYCC.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

My lovely wife got me the MOTU book and an Origins Mosquitor for my birthday. She's a keeper.

That's awesome. Also happy birthday!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
These are the last couple weeks of toys for me and the Kirby I've had for a bit

I'd been trying to find the Bulbasaur for a while. They made Pikachu and the 3 Kanto starters but Bulbasaur was always gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Understandable; I don’t play Pokémon at all but I fukkin love Bulbasaur and I’m sure I’m not the only one that feels this way.