Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wow.. we actually got the DC Universe toys in locally here at wal mart (the little guys) and while they look pretty cool, god drat they are expensive! 6 or 7$ for a tiny guy, with no accessories, and very limited articulation. They look smaller than a reissue Gi Joe, and from what I could tell, about 3/4 of the movement.

It would be pretty cool to have a little army of "Crisis" figures or at least a few cool dioramas but they are way out of my range for just random fodder.

I haven't seen any of the marvel tiny guys yet, but if they are priced anywhere near the same, I can't see the line doing anything but falling on it's butt hard.

I will give the DC guys this, they did a hell of a job on the paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Probably a long shot, but any chance someone has one of the following for something near cost and shipping?

Cyborg Superman (either the little one, or the big one, or the new one with the rings) or Blackest Knight Superman 2?

In or out of the package is fine, I mainly need them for a friend who needs em for reference on a sculpture.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know when that GI Joe figure will be released with the motorcycle armor?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So...

Anyone know when the Superman 2 Christopher Reeve figure is coming out, and if it will exclusive to anyone?

I can't find much online other than some prototype pics and a TBA release date.

Any news on the armored GI Joe with the bikes? I thought those were supposed to be out in Jan but I haven't seen a peep about em.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can find Zod at a few diff websites, but for about 20$ more than matty.

Still, dammit, I want my Superman to look like the one I grew up with.

The only other one I am impatiently waiting on is the KC Superman from DC.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Almost got some Iron Mans tonight, but I found a Skywarp Masterpiece edition for 15 bucks.

Iron Man will wait until the weekend :rock:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Son of a bitch... :argh:

I got the comic style iron man armor one, and it is a royal pain in the rear end to get the "blast off" stand to actually, you know, stand.

I wish they had made it so you could just clip his damned feet to it. That little peg for his foot is complete crap :saddowns:

Also pissed he is completely looking down, with no way to crank his head up.

He will, however, be getting a piggyback ride from Iron Monger from the first iron man movies toys :)

There are like 26 variations of toys for this. And from what I can see, 2 villains. Iron Monger and Crimson Dynamo. That means 24 versions of iron man, against the same 2 dudes.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, so it will only be 25 vs 3!

Totally fair fight :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a few of those canisters from Spiderman 3?

The web fluid and venom symbiote ones?

I am trying to finish up a display and need some metallic looking goop, and some black goop as well.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:saddowns:

I thought I had a few of them, but it turns out I had 1 web fluid one.

I need about 4 of the web fluid ones, and maybe 3 of the symbiote ones.

I can't find em in stores anymore, or anywhere anymore :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The total set is something like 28? I think.

I have the comics one, the war machine, the mark IV armor, and the war machine with launching missles, and last of all the CRIMSON loving DYNAMO.

The comics one is cool, but the "Blast off!" stand is retarded, or I can't master the base like an 8 year old can. I cannot get him to stand in a way that doesn't look like he is drunk off his rear end, rocketing off at a 45 degree angle and looking down on someone (because his loving neck doesn't look up :argh: )

War machine looks cool, and is a great figure, but the LAUNCHING MISSLES thing is crap, and looks a little off when the GIANT barrel is compared to the other tiny gun. Also, it's hell to get the ammo belt to connect to his back and the gun.

The mark IV armor is cool, no complaints :)

Crimson Dynamo is awesome, and the only drawback I have with him is his torso is about the same width as the stomach joint, so he can't really pose much. He has a very cool "PEON SMASH" look to him though. Also, his head looks down as well. The head blast thingie is kinda cool looking though.

Actually, ever god damned one of these has the same "stare at chicks boobs" level stare.

I plan to buy the other war machine (where you can attach the little blasts to the armor), and maybe the mark I armor that is really articulated. Other than that, not much else.

I plan to hit borders eventually and get the legends scale ones though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
W00H00!!!

Got the borders exclusive Tony Stark Iron Man, and War Machine!

These are looking pretty cool! A little bigger than the original Iron Man movie toys, and they look amazing.

Little pricey though, a long trip out of my way, and :20bux: a pop. Still, if the movie rocks as much as I think it will, it's worth it :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My friend was apparently pretty bored at work..

He also has one of them vogueing, but I think this is weird enough...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did they ever get a release date or estimate for the Reeve Superman to go along with the Stamp Zod?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dunno if this counts, but I was just sent this by my friend who makes weird poo poo like I do.

I mentioned offhand that I really liked the idea of the Rock of Eternity bullets they used to try and kill Black Adam a while back in the comics, and apparently he got bored and made this for me :)

No idea if it's marble or what, but drat it looks cool. Can't wait till he gets back in town so I can get it and figure out how to display it!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know anything about headswapping the Dc Direct 13" figures?

I have a Superman and a Bizarro, and kinda want to put them on display, but with a body that doesn't suck. I hate cut joints :saddowns:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will take Hal, Brainiac, Lex and whatever that thing is in the bottom right of the first pic.

Thanks!

edit - Firestorm too. Can't have enough figures with a head that's on fire :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bgaesop posted:

Bushifox and Djarum have first dibs on whatever.

That is a Beetle figure from some old Spider-Man line. One night I decided to see what his face looked like under his helmet, so I tore his helmet off. Only his translucent head remains.

Ah, cool. Thought it was some kinda spaceman version of a Luthorcorp trooper. I will still take him as custom fodder for the afore mentioned luthorcorp trooper.

Dunno if it helps or hinders, but already gave what I could to unicef a week or so ago. It's kinda cool. I have helped 2 completely different nations with the same problems cause by 2 completely different issues. Life is weird that way.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He can have Hal, but I still need Lex and Brainiac and Firestorm :)

I will shoot you the :10bux: tonight, and if you want to send em in a small flat rate box, that's cool. If you want to send em just parcel post, that's cool too. Not in a hurry for em, and helping DWB is worth the extra cash.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sent you the payment via paypal, and marked it as a gift so they don't yank out any extra fees.

Added the address to send em to as well.

On a side note, I am thinking of making a lex luthor custom, but in a 1/6th scale. I haven't had much chance or time to really look into the various bodies, etc. Does anyone know of a good bald head, a decent body type and a decent suit? Not looking to break the bank on it, but I do want a somewhat cool looking Lex.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hoping they hurry the gently caress up with the Christopher Reeve Superman for the holidays as well.

Side note : Anyone know of a good body to do a head swap on the DC Direct 13" figures to one less... well crappy isn't a good word but one with better joints? I just got in a KC Superman and a Bizarro and I want to swap the noggins onto something that doesn't have cut biceps or ginormous lats that won't let the arms go down by the sides.

Danke

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Galactus is 30 bucks now on amazon :)

Also, anyone have one of those Star Wars statues.. I forget the line name, but I think it was FX or something close to it. The statues had little bases and were in dynamic poses?

I was looking for the bespin vader one (with the "falling down stairs action" look), but can't remember what the hell it was called.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No idea.

I had to get it, 30$ for a 19" tall white guy with a W on his head that LIGHTS UP is too amazing to pass up.

Amazon shipped it out in like 5 hours too :psyduck:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And mattycollecter is down.

Man, this is more of a pain in the rear end than trying to get a bag of crap during a wootoff.

I want my god drat reeve superman you crown wearing douchebag!!!! :argh:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My geek moment of the day.

I got in my Superman figures from mattycollector, but since they are christmas presents I can't open them. I decide to just check out the box, and the newspaper story on the back.

The top stories (literally top of the newspaper) are "Should helicopters have seatbelts?" and "Smallville man finds football embedded in tree" :haw:

The date of the newspaper is also the release date of the toy, so that was kinda neat.

Gotta wait a few more days before I can open it up and get my pose on :saddowns:

I think I am going to have to buy a rapeface woody next year..

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Decided to part with my HAMMER OF THOR! so it's up in SAMart currently.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Found out the GL 5 packs are on clearance at the semi local wal mart.

Anyone still looking for it? I think they are 30$.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have there been any new updates for the Christopher Reeve Hot Toys Superman?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VitaminZinc posted:

It may be because I haven't slept, or maybe because I'm an immature perv at heart, but that's a whole lot of phallic background.

Why is it yellow? Seems like a bad color choice considering what it's supposed to be...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Saw the new Green Lantern toys today.

The aliens look great. Rot Lop Fan looks god damned amazing, even has his little bell instead of a lantern on his uniform.

Green man was kinda shorter than I thought he would be.

The only really nifty small toy was a MAX CHARGE Hal Jordan that was sort of a clear neon green. Pretty cool but not 9$ worth of cool.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did they ever come out with this motorcycle/armor gi joe toys?

I remember seeing pics of em a while back at some con or show, but never on the shelf.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God dammit...

I really really really really really want the Reeve Superman, but I made my budget around the 150 to 180~ mark cause that's what the figures tend to go for when they aren't super complex (pardon the pun).

Crap, I wish they offered him without the base.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BBTS has him for a little cheaper if you don't want the necklace. 195$

CSC has him for about 20$ cheaper, but that doesn't include the shipping (same non necklaced one). 185$ I think.

I think I am going to just bust a fuckit and go with the sideshow exclusive. The flex pay will make it easier to actually pay for him, and the necklace is pretty cool.

edit - Completely stumped why he isn't coming with flexible hands and a crystal console though, that seems like it would be a no brainer. Even the hasbro one had the console.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the price point, I hope the reeve foundation is raking in the cash. It's a great worthwhile charity.

That being said, I hope the next release takes an idea from the RE line and has the light up eyes like that one guy... Wesker I think?

The problem with Superman as a character, is that he doesn't have all the cool stuff/toys that the other guys have. Green Lantern has his ring, so we might see ring constructs or something. Batman has lots of wonderful toys. Superman is a guy in a spandex suit that lets criminals smack him in the head with a crowbar cause he just doesn't give a gently caress. Even with that, we still have a huge list of poo poo you could include with him.

Crystal console, Jor El crystal mask, green and clear crystals in diff shapes, Daily Planet globe base, bent crowbar, white cat and tree branch, alternate pissed off supes head and rocket engine, ice body thing from lex's lair where he sprayed supes with cold stuff, clark head with glasses, business suit, fedora, tiny bullet from muggers pistol, deluxe "lifting bus" diorama, half superman suit/half pants and boots from the falling/changing scene, flagpole from the white house, crystal booth that depowers/powers, alternate "being turned human anatomy" head, etc.

TONS of stuff they could have used from the movies, but yet we got a kinda fugly base and the necklace.

Least the necklace looks cool.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I kinda had the opposite reaction. I was thinking it might be kinda cool (nostalgia always is), until I saw you put the key in it's butt to transform.

Yes, I am a giant walking 8 year old, but that poo poo is hilarious :xd:

I am kinda tapped out from the hot toys reeve superman though, so I guess it's for the best.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sweet jesus that is awesome.

I think I will look for a cheap Predator mask prop kit, and see if I can resculpt it into that, cause holy gently caress that is AWESOME.

Side note, my friend got his Superman in, and I am jealous as hell.

Still paying off the flexpay on mine, so I should have the EXCLUSIVE version a little after christmas :3:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The console is from the Hasbro Superman, but the one he is holding is a custom made little one.

He had a few made a few years ago, but never had a way to display em till now. I think he's working on a little green crystal from the first movie to display as well.

Hopefully he will get em done before I get my Superman in, so I can just swing over and get one to make the display more awesome than it will be!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

moths posted:

It sucks that they cut back to one Compound Z bottle in each pack. He's got four back plugs and three helmet plugs for the complete look.

(Like I'm not going to end up with four of these anyway...)

I still can't believe a toy company decided to release a zombie figure and somehow thought the best way to do it was make it a short pack.

What the gently caress guys? I would have stabbed a nun for a cool zombie GI Joe when I was a kid.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah...

Still haven't seen em anywhere, but since it was Hasbro I kinda always assume the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Did they ever release those GI Joe figures where they had the motorbike armor?

Saw some avengers toys with armor at wal mart this week and remembered those guys.