Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Screw Marvel, I know what's getting my money this year:

First two are two-ups of the 6" plastic figures. 3rd one is the 12" clothed line.

More pics here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14043

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 6, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

NECA is also doing the turtles with their answer to Mighty Muggs.

Oh gently caress off!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I just picked up that Deadpool too. Both his leg ball joints are really loose and spin so easily. I've got him standing finally. The huge sai seems so out of place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

The sai's place is in the garbage.

Ha. I just went looking for the sai. I had unconsciously put it back in the packet and then thrown that in the trash.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Sideshow just announced this puppy:http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=6513&affiliate=philipctr Legendary scale Carnage bust.

I only really collect figures and some vehicles, not busts or statues(aside from the exception of the few Carnage polystone dioramas that have come out) but in this case, I'll definitely make an exception.

Why on earth would you want that in your house? :confused:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I just cancelled my DC Direct 12" V figure pre-order from BBTS. I hate when the time rolls around and you can't justify slapping down that much ($99 in this case) :/

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Does this mean I might finally get my Northstar figure? :D

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh, god, what? :aaa:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

All the Comic-Con Mattel poo poo goes on sale tomorrow morning (Aug 3rd) at 9am PST, just to forewarn anyone who wants something.

Egon figure here I come! :dance:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh, I'm having second thoughts about the Egon figure now. It's the SDCC slimed version, and a clean version of Egon is coming later in the year and I might just wait for that. :ohdear:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

ps i miss palisades

We all do. :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

I still stand by that they made the only mass retail figures that couldn't be improved on. What else did they do that was awesome besides Muppets and Zim?

The Buffy Palz were really cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Satsuki posted:

:words:

Ah yeah, that sounds familiar. My friend who also worked at Palisades told me the same thing. Everyone really liked Ken but he made a couple of daft mistakes and it all came tumbling down. It's very sad, they were putting out a lot of nice product.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Ok, so I ordered Egon from Mattycollector. I was going to wait till next week, and then I went to the site and saw it was sold out. BUT it was still listed as being in my basket from when I'd put it in there before, and it let me order it as normal, so hopefully I should get it. :D

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

If Egon had a sculpt that were worth $20 + gigantic loving shipping instead of a slightly above average for Mattel sculpt I would have been all over it.

To be fair, the shipping did make me rage a little. Couldn't they have just stuck in a USPS box for 2 bucks? I don't mind waiting a week.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Djarum posted:

We should work on making a alternative to EBay and scalpers for collectibles, not just for us but for everyone.

I'd love an alternative to eBay full stop. I sell a few bits on there every now and again, and the amount of rules and the like you have to deal with these days is ridiculous. And I don't want to have to take Paypal! It shouldn't be mandatory. Ebay gets all the various listing fees for me listing my item, and then because they own Paypal they get 4% of that if someone pays me through it. Grr.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

If anyone is interested they put up the dates for the next 4 Ghostbusters figures.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.17846500

Woo! Small Ray looks terrible.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

LtCrowley posted:

There's quite a few shots of Slimer, does anyone know whether they'll be releasing a decent sized version of him or if he's only being included as an accessory for Ray?
Cos, you know. Slimer.

He came with Egon. Ray's getting the 3D 'No Ghosts' logo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Action Serious posted:

So for some stupid reason I decided to order the new movie master Bank Robbery Joker off mattycollector even though after shipping it's nearly $30 and somehow my order gets hit with overnight shipping making it $52. I didn't really want to pay $28 and I sure as poo poo don't want to pay $52 and after checking customer service I find I'm boned, can't change shipping method and no canceling orders.

Well, that blows. I just slapped down for the 6" Ray Stantz figure, like a FOOL. I want the 12" but I can't afford that. Really though, can't they just charge me $3 and throw it in regular mail? I'll wait, it's cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Satsuki posted:

I'll finish the busters but Walter Peck will be a pass.

I'll get Peck because he comes with the Containment Unit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

Mattel did this on purpose, and I love/hate them for it. Plus the trap that comes with Winston will fit into the Containment Unit.

Yeah, I love/hate them for it too. Bastards.

Containment unit! :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm glad their day is done, to be honest. When there were rows and rows of them taking up shelf space in stores, so nothing else could be put in, that's what annoyed me. Nothing made me want one, even when they did Transformers.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So my 6" Ray Stantz arrived today. Took him out of the packet aaaaand his legs are all twisted and bent at the joints (but not the natural way). Welp, I'm away for a long weekend so my call to Mattel has to wait till Tuesday. :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

AxeManiac posted:

I'm making a diorama and using gi joe sized figures. Can anyone suggest any Aliens (as in Alien, Aliens, Aliens 3, Aliens vs Predator) figures that would fit that scale/don't look like poo poo.

Wait a little bit. Revoltech are putting out an Alien figure soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zeitgueist posted:

You'd probably be wrong. Also, more Hot Wheels are made in a week, than those figures are in a year. You can't really compare the two.

For reference, Hot Wheels produced it's 4 billionth car sometime last year.

edit: Actually Hot Wheels has never raised it's price ever. It's been $1 for over 40 years.

Hot Wheels Ecto-1 out this month! :3:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jet Ready Go posted:

I've never been more satisfied by an american retail available action figure until now!

*clap clap clap clap*

Seriously, that's looking pretty nifty.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jet Ready Go posted:

I have nearly a little over half the set. Do you need a review of the figures?

That'd be nice. They're about $6 at my Walmart, so I've been really tempted.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I don't think you can move closets. Let's compromise and call it a wardrobe.

Armoire. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

The 12" Peter Venkman goes on sale in about 10 minutes if anyone wants that figure.

Oh no! 6" Winston's sold out! I didn't think it was ever going to.. I meant to get him at some point, and kept forgetting to...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Fortunately, the Hasbro reps are apparently out in force and it's their job to be annoying and unpleasant until we drag our poo poo out of the back.

Oh no! People making you do your jobs! That sucks.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Not my job, personally, since my Iron Man hot spot is a bunch of crappy DVDs. It is someone in toys' job though.

Ah, ok, I misunderstood. Your possessive 'our' and 'us' made me think you were on the Toy team. My bad.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

DCUC Wave 5 set goes on sale tomorrow morning on Matty if anyone was waiting for this.

Also, Peter Venkman 6" version.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SpeedofLife posted:

Since there's no Japanese toy thread I though I'd ask this here:

This is Tochukaso Yggdradon by Monstock:

Where I can I buy them?

Discworld?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Rage posted:

Decent news for GB fans too. They're doing a TRU 4 pack of the GB2 outfits and they come with Santa hats and a Slimer who has his own Santa hat too.

:swoon:

Welp, Christmas display in my apartment found.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Club Ecto-1 details: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3361069636/m/1331079636

Buy all 6 figures! Then buy the club only figure! Give us ALL YOUR MONEY

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They've said they'll announce each figure 2-3 months before it goes on sale. So, great. If it's a figure you wouldn't want to buy, you have 2-3 months of knowledge knowing you're ponying up for it regardless.

As Fish of Doom says, the GB stuff doesn't sell out nearly as fast as the MOTU figures. So as long as you go at some point on the day of sale, you'll get one. v:shobon:v

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Heh, they didn't get me with their clearly over-slimed Peter. Slimed Egon was alright because he's not all that slimed, it just looks like work-wear.

What does bother me is that the club-exclusive is going to be something really worth getting. Maybe Vigo? Louis in GB outfit?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

profbobo posted:

I, uh ... I may have a problem.

Wait, you have two Joker dx figures?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Why does MattyCollector's logo look like a colossal douchebag?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Djarum posted:

Wal-Mart is VERY odd about putting stuff on clearance.

Seriously. One of the 2 near me put a $99 LEGO set down to $55 after only a couple of months on the shelf. Snapped that right up.

The other Walmart has a $20 Transformer is a REALLY beat-up box. There's something spilled on the front of it too, like some kind of glittery nail varnish. That's been on the regular shelf for a month now still at full price. v:confused:v