Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Stage of History posted:

The one and only if I had to pick would be 90s Jean Grey. Anything past that would be gravy.
I had a custom one almost done but I overboiled it and melted it. Someone sent me an unpainted Jean Grey custom that looks pretty good, but, alas, I cannot paint work a darn.

Not having a 90s Jean really put a hamper on my buying ML. At first I only wanted X-men and Spider-man stuff, then just X-men stuff. I wanted to sort of make the cover to X-men 1 using MLs. So close. Eventually I sold all my MLs but Magneto and Blackheart. Now I want some back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Doc Faustus posted:

Anyone have recommendations for/places to buy something to make action figures stand up? I can find a million sorts of stands apparently made just for Star Wars figures, but I need a solution that will work for a variety of figures.

May not work for all your figures but for only $5 it couldn't be a waste.

http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I just cancelled my DC Direct 12" V figure pre-order from BBTS. I hate when the time rolls around and you can't justify slapping down that much ($99 in this case) :/

I've seen a few DCD Rorschachs go for $40 on the bay.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

The Rage posted:

Like the Two-Face wave that was set to come out in August?

It's Jail Cell Joker, Two Face, Harvey Dent, and Bank Robber Joker I believe. Sadly I do want them all but Dent.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Mapocho posted:

where do you order from, profbobo?

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, I think a lot of people who want their Hot Toys stuff fast get it from Playasia?

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
It's fake from what I have heard.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

There's no way it's real. Why would Hasbro, a toy company, license out its toys to another toy company?

Doesn't Takara do Masterpiece G1 Transformers? I could see maybe possibly Hot Toys being able to do movie ones that would fit with them.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

The Rage posted:

Well all the muggs will be TRU, as they were the only ones to pick up that line. So don't think we'll have to hunt anywhere for those.

Most likely you wont find Deadpool for awhile at retail and it'll take a few extra shipping dates until you see a few.

But I see a Magneto mugg and that's been the Marvel one I've been wanting for awhile. So I am pleased.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

4" Jim Lee Jean Grey. gently caress You Hasbro.

They're like some reparative gay conversion priest. Why can't you ML collectors just start liking these MU figures like you are told? MU is the way god intended it!

When ML got into about series 4 or so I wanted to have a set up like the cover to X-men #1. I'm glad I never got too far into it and sold my MLs, since Jim Lee Grey never happened.

Maybe with MUs I can try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
Seeing just how many Predators they have made makes me glad I never bought any beyond what McFarlane made.