Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Thats so fuckin awesome. I got the dvd boxed set of The Real Ghostbusters for Christmas, and was bummed I didn't have any of the toys anymore. Checking online did me no good to find anything complete. So this will be awesome to have movie likenesses as well as cartoon likenesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Also did the Nemesis ML set hit stores yet? The site I found with pictures of them says they're a Wal-Mart Dec 08 exclusive.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Screw Marvel, I know what's getting my money this year:

First two are two-ups of the 6" plastic figures. 3rd one is the 12" clothed line.

More pics here: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=14043

drat, Fall 2009. Their site says June for the 12 inch, guess they pushed them all back, still loving fantastic though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Well thanks to reading this thread I broke down and bought a few of the DCUC figures today. Found parts of wave 4, sadly no Batman Beyonds, but was able to pick up WW, Artemis, and Ares and Cyborg. Might just collect the ones that I know who they are, but drat these are the figures that ML should be. Didn't realize Artemis was a variant, so was stoked about that. Has there be a decent red and blue Superman made without the mullet?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the Watchmen toys at my local comic shop today. Had 3 of the 4 of the first wave, Rorschach being gone obviously. Picked up Ozymandias. They look amazing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Series 2 of the NECA Ninja Turtles is coming out later this year.

Shredder (w/ a little Krang!), April, Foot Ninja and Solider. Looks AMAZING, especially Shredder. I LOVED the attention to detail and just how perfect the turtles looked. I can't wait to have these in my hands. Hope they continue for a long rear end time.

And the "dot avatar" is some old YCS thing when I posted in there. I need to change it up soon.

Series 1 were TRU exclusives? The only place I can find them is at TRU online.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Guess the Nemesis/Holocaust wave is hitting Wal-Marts now, 2 posters over at tfw2005 from Washington have found them.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fishylungs posted:

Is the blue on that Spider-man really that weird looking?

Mary Jane didn't use a color safe bleach.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Silly goon, Peter and MJ arn't married, why would she be doing his laundry?

They'll always be married in my heart.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone seen the Nemesis wave in retail yet? Besides that guy on TFW2005 the only place I've seen them is on bbts for like, 200 bucks for the case.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found wave 7 of DCUC tonight at my local TRU. Had Flash, Kid Flash, Big Barda and the Batman and Green Lantern from the previous waves that didn't come with parts. No Aqua Man or Blue Beetle though.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 27, 2009

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Randomly my Target got in wave 2 of DCUC. Picked up Harley Quinn and a Red Superman. I think they're clearing back stock.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Finally saw the GI Joe sized Marvel figures. Holy poo poo those are not worth 7.99.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yup, looks like Wal-Mart is the place to get that wave. My TRU had them out, and then pulled them for some random reason. I got Aquaman and the variant Booster today. Also noticed my local Fred Meyer has the newest wave too.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

z0rschach posted:

For the love of god someone find me the rest of the DC Wal Mart wave. It's apparantly done shipping and was a short run :argh:

Yeah, I saw it in its entirety and then it was gone a day later. I wanted a Riddler.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Haha, I know its not an action figure, but drat I want to order this. And if they made a figure out of it, I'd buy it.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MRC10000&mode=retail&picture=out

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

New info about the Hot Toys "Policeman" Joker

Turns out that calling it Policeman Joker is only a half-truth. He's got an entire complete costume for being Joker proper, with gun, cards, knife, and even the grenades-with-thumb-string. Looks like the big feature is actually the ability to move both of the eyes in either head, so you're no longer stuck with him looking in one direction.

I am so glad I held off on buying the previous Jokers.

First person to put his eyes in that weird rear end Garfield comic positions wins.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

scare posted:

is there some kind of price guide for Marvel statues?
I've got an old art asylum silver surfer, and i've heard it's out of production, just curious to see if it's worth anything

I've just checked what ebay prices for the items are really. I have an old Bowen Logan statue that I check for price that way.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

The T-1 looks kinda cool, but man is that T-600 one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

Fuckin makes me think of the T2 toys from back in the day. I think the one I had of the T-800 had like, 4 joints. However the 7 inch t-800 endoskeleton that Cult Classics put out a few years ago is awesome, I still love that figure.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, I want to buy that Enterprise really badly. Also can't wait for the drat Ghostbusters figures. I think I check that drat MattyCollector page like 9 times a day. Also, anyone else been seeing MiniMates in their local TRU? Mine has a bunch randomly. They also had a peg of BSG figures that were all TRU exclusives. Gonna have to pick those up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Have any of you purchased the BSG figures? Are they worth getting at all? I really only want a Lee Adama and Admiral Adama figures in their dress blues.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Doc Faustus posted:

Totally worth the usual $15 they're priced at. My ONLY complaint is that some figures (Six) don't stand up AT ALL, and I cannot find action figure footpeg stand thingys ANYWHERE, except McFarlane who wants too much for shipping.

Anyway, dress uniform Apollo is out (in a 2-pack with Dualla), but Adm. Adama has been pushed back to August for whatever reason. Also, when that wave hits in August you can also get President Apollo

Nice, I think I'll pick up the Apollo/Dualla pack then, BBTS has it on sale for 24 bucks but with their drat shipping prices, it'll probably cost the same. Can't wait for the Admiral Adama figure though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

I found wave 2 of the Toys R Us exclusive BSG figures today. The wave should have been composed of "Razor" Husker Adama, Battle Damaged classic Cylon Pilot, and the gold Cylon commander.

They had 2 pegs full of 'em, but they only had Adama and the Cylon pilot, no Cylon commander. I wonder if they cut him out of the TRU wave since they are releasing him in September as a regular release. Sucks though, he was the one I wanted the most...

Here's the figures: http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/04/battlestar-galactica-cylons-land-in-toys-r-us/

Commander is part of the wave, hes on the peg at my TRU.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Not action figures, but I found the Hot Wheels Star Trek ships at my local TRU. Picked up the Enterprise A and its pretty sweet. The "die-cast" thing is pretty minimal, its just part of the main body, and the rest is plastic. Still pretty sweet and about 5 inches long. Had the D and the Reliant there as well.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mapocho posted:

Thank you for these links, my productivity at work dropped because of looking over at pages of awesome custom jobs and kamen raiders. There's a Jack Nicholson Joker in that toy world forum that is beautiful.

Now I'm putting myself down for a predator too... I'm just wondering where's the cheapest place to get it from.

Anyways, picked up this bad boy today at the silver snail.

Click here for the full 792x1200 image.

I'm looking forward to beating him up a bit.

Here's a wolverine I aged yesterday.

Click here for the full 1024x1536 image.

I put the rest of the pics in http://fuel-boy.blogspot.com/

Has that series 8 of DCUC hit anywhere yet?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone come across the Ghostbusters minimates at their local TRU yet?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I don't know how many times I have to say this.
Your local comic shop does not hike up prices. We have to pay more to even carry the loving things so of course the price is higher. What, you want us to sell you the toys at a $2 loss per figure? gently caress that bullshit.

I never mind paying comic shop prices on things I know I can't find in normal stores. But I know the comic shop local to me will have things that are on pegs in Wal-Mart and Target, the exact same wave, and it will be double the price.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MattyCollector has their list of what will be available at the Con and what you can buy on August 3rd from their site after the Con up now.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2009_SDCC

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Also speaking of Mattycollector, they recently announced that the last of the Dark Knight movie masters toy would be only available through there. Who knows when those will be up, but hopefully they'll be less than $20 + shipping when they do show up.

Like the Two-Face wave that was set to come out in August?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

They were discounted at walmart to 5 bucks a piece and then liquidated to tj max.

Thats sad, I bought Batman, Joker, and Scarecrow. Kept checking every time I'd walk by them too to see if I could get ahold of the variants. Anyone know when they're going to go up on Matty?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My Wal-Mart just restocked Wave 7, and my Target just got in wave 7 after two months of 1 Cyborg and 4 Wonder Womans on their pegs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mattel has finally set up a section on their site for the Ghostbusters line.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.17846500

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So I was wandering down the toy isle at Wal-Mart today and came across the Maskless Batman Beyond figure from Wave 4 of DCUC. It was on pegs with a ton of Wave 7, so for some reason they may be packing him with that wave. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

Yeah. I got one like that too. Weird.

I thought they were a KB exclusive. Must be left overs that Mattel wanted to sell off.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I was just amazed to see a Batman Beyond at all. When I started buying them my Target had that wave, but none to be found. Every other figure plus like 4 Artemis on the pegs at all times, so finding this one at Wal-Mart, and us not having had a KB toys for almost 10 years now made my week. That and the Ghostbuster minimates finally arrived, and for goofy little lego men, these are awesome.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Well all the muggs will be TRU, as they were the only ones to pick up that line. So don't think we'll have to hunt anywhere for those.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That Man-Bat from Wave 10 is awesome looking.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Since ML is pretty much a collector-only line at this point, there's no reason this shouldn't work. I mean Hasbro's even releasing those unreleased Wave 5 Indiana Jones figures as some sort of exclusive order thing, and those sold worse than marvel legends. Masters of the Universe Classics is a great example of a line that would die at mass retail, but is a huge success because none of the figures are overproduced. I don't think Marvel Legends could ever be successful at retail again, unless they literally restarted the whole series. I guarantee once the Nemesis wave actually hits nation-wide, and the initial scalpers get their fix, they will be everywhere just sitting on pegs not selling.

1 legend figure a month for $20 each, only 3000 of each made. They'll make their money back and people will be happy. Actually, that's wrong, people will complain no matter what, but it would solve some of the problem.

Have they said anything about this line hitting anywhere else besides the 8 Wal-Marts in San Diego?

edit: apparently I need to refresh the thread before I post.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

Hello fellow AZ figure hunter!

I got a complete set of Nemesis figures today in the Chandler/Gilbert area. I was prepared to drive around the entire 202 loop but I didn't need to. Found them at the 2nd stop.

My initial impressions are that this wave is rather mediocre. Daredevil is fairly awesome and Tigra isn't too bad either. Beast and Blackbolt are definitely the worst. Beast just sucks all around in terms of paint and articulation. Nova and Punisher are just so-so. Not sure what the definitive Nova should look like, but he seemed rather half assed. And Punish looked great except for his plastic skin and lack of wrist articulation. The cammo pants on the variant are rather well done. And as a rabid X-Men fan, while I could care less about Nemesis, he is quite impressive looking.

The sad thing about this wave is I just want Nemesis, gently caress all the other figures, I just think hes a badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I'll definitely take a Nemesis/Holocaust if nobody has interest in him.

Yeah same, I'd be happy to buy left over parts from anyone.

Also found the Clayface/Batman 2 pack. Clayface is amazing looking and huge for the 21.99 price point.