Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Wave 8 :argh:

Repainted it again with the makeup strategy in mind. Added a widow's peak, too. Look any better?

That first picture he looks like Al Bundy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

All the Comic-Con Mattel poo poo goes on sale tomorrow morning (Aug 3rd) at 9am PST, just to forewarn anyone who wants something.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, I'm having second thoughts about the Egon figure now. It's the SDCC slimed version, and a clean version of Egon is coming later in the year and I might just wait for that. :ohdear:

Both! Remember, the next time Egon will roll out won't be till like Aug next year, considering they have the time set for all the other figures. 12" Ray in Sept, I think its 6" Winston in Oct and so on. Peter doesn't come out till like July.

edti: Oh great, there goes MattyCollector, its already giving me the "too many people" page and its not even 9 am yet.

edit 2: Whew, got my Egon ordered and now I can't even refresh the Ghostbusters line page, good luck to anyone else whos getting something.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 3, 2009

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I deliberately avoided getting into this in my last complaining-about-toy-companies post because it's such a dumb nerd rage thing, but I have been pissed at Mattel for a long time over their handling of my favorite toy line ever, the Masters of the Universe relaunch in 2002... the line was flying off the shelves until they decided to churn out case after case of idiotic candy-colored rehashes instead of new characters, at which point it just immediately died. Big surprise.

They treated collectors like poo poo then, trying to cater to some imaginary other market, and now that they realized their mistake they're just treating us like poo poo again with this blatantly overpriced "matty collector" bullshit... and I'm miffed that it's these assholes, of all people, that are finally making the Ghostbusters figures I've wanted since I was 7, and I just don't even want to give them the satisfaction of buying any. Matty collector can go to hell.

Blah blah nerd rage.

My Joker custom job is coming along nicely, though...

I feel this way about Hasbro. I'm gotten very tired of the poor QC and "how many times can we repaint Bumblebee or G1 Prime" its loving pathetic. I know the molds are expensive, I know they have ot make the money back but gently caress all if I'm tired of the poo poo clogging the shelves. The Ghostbusters line I have to have though, I don't care if Mattel takes the money I spend on it and burns it to light their hundreds to light their cigars, its a line I've always wanted.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Anyone still have any of the reissue Ninja Turtles line on shelves anywhere? My TRU only has a bunch of April's and Splinters and my Target no longer has a peg for the line. Was trying to find a Donatello for a birthday present.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got my Egon figure today. His sculpt is pretty awesome, and his face looks just like when Venkman gave him the candybar. The proton pack detail is awesome. Except for the drat 10 bucks in tax and shipping, hes definitely worth the 20 bucks. Can't wait for the rest of the line.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Found the Nemesis line this morning on a shelf full of water toys at Wal-Mart, only one complete set left by time I got there at 10 am, fuckin picked clean by our local scalper faggots who did the same thing with the Ares line.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

mods rename me posted:

I ended up doing that for the same reason "here are some figures to trade I only need rare stuff."
It wasn't on purpose, but that's just how it ended up.

How was picking my Wal-Mart clean yesterday morning then?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe just add a thing in your details about the product that the shipping covers not only the postage but the packaging and your time traveling to the post office or what not. Course then again I only usually dispute postage on something when its like 20 bucks shipping on a loose action figure or something that should not cost anywhere near that.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

They're a legitimate business, of course it costs them 10 bucks to put poo poo in a box with a bunch of brown paper and an invoice!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DragonReach posted:

Well I found the Gotham 5 pack at Wal-Mart today, but didn't like the way Lex looked. What do you guys think?

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Oh btw Infinite Heroes 3 pack was only $7 as well, and I finally found a DCUC Flash.

poo poo, if I come across one of those versions, I'm going to have to buy it and the normal one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Check your Toys R Us too, these are out in force where I live. The little Gentlemen Ghost makes me sad every time I see it as the DCUC wave with him in it hasn't hit yet where I'm at.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Doc Faustus posted:

TRU Question!

Diamond has announced a "surprise" wave of Battlestar Figures. Is TRU generally good about putting all their in-store merchandise on the website as well? If not, anyone out there willing to keep an eye out and let me know when these figs hit shelves? I'm not much of a collector outside of a few lines, so I never set foot in a TRU.

I've seen figures on the site go from pre-order to out of stock when their actual release date arrives. So if you see them go up, I'd grab them first.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If anyone is interested they put up the dates for the next 4 Ghostbusters figures.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.17846500

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I haven't found poo poo yet from that wave. Mine got a bunch of the unmasked Batman Beyond and the Cyborg this week.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just ordered both of those and the shipping was only 11 bucks. So I guess if you order more than one it's not too bad.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 16, 2009

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I'll get Peck because he comes with the Containment Unit.

Mattel did this on purpose, and I love/hate them for it. Plus the trap that comes with Winston will fit into the Containment Unit.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

So my 6" Ray Stantz arrived today. Took him out of the packet aaaaand his legs are all twisted and bent at the joints (but not the natural way). Welp, I'm away for a long weekend so my call to Mattel has to wait till Tuesday. :(

That is lovely as hell. Mine should be here later today, hopefully this isn't a line defect.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Both of my Ray's arrived today. The 6" doesn't appear to have any problems with his legs, so I think The_Doctor just got a hosed up figure. 12" Ray is amazing though, the level of detail on the character up close is amazing. The electronic proton pack is really great and the goggles and opening trap he comes with are just icing on the cake.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Every where in my town is still covered in fuckin Cyborg salad shooter mode and Captain Cold's. I'd love to see anything past those.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Two Wal-Marts in this drat city and still nothing but Captain Cold. Hopefully they'll hit Washington soon.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My ghetto Wal-Mart put out 2 figures from the new set, in addition to all their Captain Colds and Cyborgs. One was a Joker, so I snagged it, the other was Forager who I'm not excited about. Hopefully the rest will make an appearance soon.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 26, 2009

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Can't wait for Martian, my JLA just looks silly without him.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Alright. Even though he's a naked blond guy wearing only cutoffs, be doesn't have a giant codpiece and police mustache like Vartox.

Also, whoever hasn't jumped aboard the Kamandi Bandwagon, AFP is making sure you do

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009/11/kamandi-the-learn-to-love-him-article-i-did-and-you-can-too

So hes Kazaar: 2112?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Randomly came across DCUC Wave 9 tonight at Fred Meyer, snagged Green Arrow. So if anyone has a Fred Meyer near by they're getting this wave. Only 9.99 too which beats Target and Wal-Mart by 3 bucks where I live.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

12" Egon and 6" Winston are up for sale today.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Except for the jaundice titties its looking good.

Pleatherface posted:

What do people think of Minimates in this forum? Are they generally cheered or jeered?

I have some of the Ghostbusters and Terminator 2 sets and they're awesome.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Apparently on 12/23 MattyCollector is going to sell the Wave 11 DCUC figures as a boxed set.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.169458200

The only figure not included is the clear Deadman chase, but poo poo, all of wave 11 in one swoop.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got a case of the parademon/hawkgirl dcuc wave in at TRU this morning. The hawkgirl and green lantern figures both have the only at TRU stickers but none of the others do. No gentleman ghosts in the case.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

No, actually this is a new case packout with Beetle and Booster from wave 7, Hawkgirl and Parademon from wave 8, and Deadshot from wave 9. I forgot who else is in it, but there are a few others, and no Gentleman Ghosts. I saw the remnants of this wave at Target last week, with the first Deadshot I ever saw at retail, after my wife paid $18 to get me one from an LCS. Hawkgirl did not come with a CnC part (just a stand), so I'm assuming the others don't have CnC parts either.

This is exactly what is in the case. Other figures were Black Canary, Green Arrow, and The Flash of that Worlds Greatest Superhero packaging.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Zeitgueist posted:

Alright I'll check at work after the break but I did specifically confirm that he is not any rarer than any other figure.

Maybe there's a ton of him chilling in a warehouse somewhere.

Wouldn't if he didn't get many orders the first time around, there'd be an abundance of him somewhere and he'd end up in a random pack like this case we're all seeing?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So if I bought a DCUC figure at Wal-Mart the other day, and I have a different DCUC figure that I no longer want, will they freak out if I return the other figure if the second half of the UPC number is different?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

They do not give a poo poo as long as you have a receipt and for the 15 or so days after Christmas you don't even need one of those. Scrape together your packaging if you can find it and be like "yeah, I got my little brother the wrong one" and the person doing the return will do it and be thankful you aren't screaming at them.

Even though I made fun of the Avatar toys earlier I am going to spend some of my Christmas money on one of the battle suits and the bad guy to put in it because now I think they are rad.

Rockin. Its still in packaging and everything, its just one of the variant Captain Atoms and I don't give gently caress all about it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My local wal-mart skipped right over wave 10 and put out wave 11. Grabbed John Stewart and the Superman without red eyes from the two pack.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Satsuki posted:

It's probably leftovers from the Nemesis wave, the cases included those figures for some stupid reason.

Mine had both sets in randomly this week too.

Found Man-bat and Powergirl in Spokane this weekend. Still haven't seen the batman from this wave though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So is there any chance hes going to show up as one of the Worlds Greatest figures in another case?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jace Madan posted:

Crap. I'm glad I just decided to collect the DCD "Justice" figures as my definitive versions of main DCU characters, and not bother with the Mattel ones. I would probably go crazy if I tried to collect the Mattel figures with their distribution problems, short-packing, variants, exclusive variants, ultra-exclusive-hidden-next-to-the-Holy-Grail variants, and other problems i've heard about them.

The only figure I would buy is the Creeper, but with my luck they would have a Ditko-era one and a modern version variant and both would be $100 a piece, and when I end up getting them the Ditko one is missing his teeth paint apps, and the modern one has 2 left thighs.

Thats a lot of really descriptive hate about toys.

Also I've seen two Question figures at my wal-marts. I'll wander into them tomorrow and check if they still have them if anyone wants one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm cool with the 15 dollar price point, but it will limit me from buying more than just the 1 or 2 figures in the wave I want. The Collect and Connect figures aren't worth that cost to me anymore. Not even for like, Darkseid.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I was annoyed when they jacked up the Deluxe Transformer price from $10 to $12 for no real reason, and I thought maybe Wal-Mart had learned their lesson after their Deluxe ones for sale just sat there warming the pegs after the price jump because they dropped the price down to $10 and it stayed there until, like, last week. Now it's back up to $12 again. :sigh:

They barely sell at 8 bucks when they go on sale, 12 is just stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I know its not an action figure but in the absence of more GB figures this month I found the Hot Wheels Ecto-1, its pretty fantastic for a 99 cent car.