Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I posted in here probably a year ago saying I like the looks of that MAFEX Wonder Woman figure from her standalone movie. There are a lot of Wonder Womans out there at this point, but the details that initially sold me on that specific one were the bright and shiny paint job, and the sunburst shield from the great no-man's-land scene. Most Gadot WW figures are based on her appearances in other movies, so they toned the colors way down and packaged her with different stuff.

Anyway, various life stuff happened and I never got around to ordering that figure until just now. My timing was good, though, because BBTS has it at a discount right now. In case anybody else is interested: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/51247

Having never bought a MAFEX figure and being extremely interested in that Venom and the Into the Spider Verse stuff coming out next year, how are they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I want that Storm Collectibles Smoke so bad, I'll be in NYC on Sunday but I won't be going to NYCC at all.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That sure is a huge belt

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

OK so I got my first Mythic Legions and am overall happy with them but now I want more so I have a lot on pre-order.

I got the all stars 4 which I'm happy about because I like the mixture. Not really so interested in most of the upcoming waves with the demons, vampires, or woodland creatures but do like the skeletons, goblins, and knights as well as various other pieces. So it begins!

Skeletons are pretty much where I settled on this line. After going whole hog into the second Kickstarter I realized I really only want the skellies and a few of the knights. So now I've got trolls/vampires I need to unload whenever toy shows are a thing again.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Some people have reported the battery box on the proton pack is finicky, and the batteries need rolling or reseating entirely. Also the hose connector may need foil in to make the connections with the wand.

Good to know. I ordered all five that I could, two for myself and three for my shop. As with all HasLab’s I like to open and inspect them for issues cause they’re never identical (looking at you Victory Saber)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

This is completely outside the wheelhouse of me and pretty much everyone here, but maybe somebody will get a kick out of my latest custom toy project.

We have been buying my daughter a few of these cute Barbie mermaid children that come in different colors, and she loves them. They don’t make merboys though, and we were kind of complaining about that one day. I realized that would be a pretty easy thing to cobble together. At first I was thinking I could cut it in half at the waist, but then when I was looking at a couple of the toys I realized it could just be a head swap as long as the skin tones match. So I found a mermaid and a little boy figure that matched, and it just so happened to be the bright pink mermaid. She already has that mermaid and it’s her favorite. The boy just had brown hair, but I repainted it to match his new mermaid sister. The leftover parts made a little pink haired girl in street clothes, and I figure maybe that’s the mermaid’s secret identity. The kid can decide what the story is.

Honestly, "girl toys" are often cool and fun, and as a parent it's nice having an excuse to dip into that world a little.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled MAN TOYS.

Those are extremely cool, nicely done! I’m sure your kiddo is gonna love them.

The concept of “girls toys” and “boys toys” bugs me, why they gotta be broken up by gender? I’ve got a shelf full of Hot Toys, a shelf full of Marvel Legends, and a shelf full of Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families all right near each other cause those goddamn cats in people clothes are so cute I can’t help but collect them. Toys is toys, get over it corporate America.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Apologies if my post made it sound like you had anything to do with the separation of toys, I think you’re totally nailing it as a parent.

My criticism will always lie with 5th Avenue and those fat cat, out of touch execs who think they know poo poo about poo poo. Just look at how well Hasbro and WOTC’s management are doing right now. Especially that new Hasbro CEO.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I had kind of a frustrating week of checking eBay for that ML Angela figure, finding ones that were either too expensive or had obvious QC issues, usually both, and having a series of reasonable offers rejected. I finally got a sorta-OK deal on a nice boxed one for about $43 shipped. More than I wanted to pay for the figure, but pretty reasonable for an unopened one with the BAF part still there and everything (not that I need it), and there were nice clear photos that showed no paint smudges or bent parts like so many of them had.

I didn't really want to pay for a box I'm gonna open or a BAF part I don't need, but for a really nice MIB figure that remains in demand, that's not too bad. I'm consoling myself with the knowledge that it's still less than I pay for a lot of figures. And it was one of those things where the extra cost is kinda worth it to be fuckin done with it and I don't have to keep looking for one. And I will be very happy to have that one in my collection.

Considering the new price point of Marvel Legends you got a deal.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

About $50 markup on the HT Batman.

Batmobile showing at $740 so only $50 on that too.

Goddamn... mighty tempting but it's the size of a coffee table!!

E: They really upped the sharpness on the promo photos lol

Sideshow has the Batmobile up for $715

Bats is $279 for the collector edition, $345 for the deluxe edition.

Looked back at my 2012 order of 89 Bats and he was $239.99 so yeah, not a horrible markup for 11 years later

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Shiftypenguin posted:

I wonder if Disney is upping the cost of the license. Almost $30 is a LOT for what the majority of those SW figures come with.

Nah this is 100% what the new CEO said his plans were:

https://investor.hasbro.com/news-releases/news-release-details/hasbro-announces-plan-grow-profit-50-over-next-three-years

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

This is a nice looking team

Amazon shipped my Forge/Storm/Jubilee pack like a month ago, but no sign of the other three yet.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Amazon just shipped my Ch'ode wave as well, should be here tomorrow!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Man I hope McF realizes how insanely popular that Flash 89 Batmobile is and does another run. I haven’t even seen the figure wave in stores either.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I’m down in Miami/Key West for the next week, any suggestions on shops I should check out down here? Google is doing me no good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Snacksmaniac posted:

This drat show is going to make me hunt down a haslab sentinel :negative:

I keep hoping we'll get a reuse of the Sentinel as the AoA Sentinel considering Dan's love of all things AoA, so I wouldn't be mad at a second run of the first one.