Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

Oh hey, suck it.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=09_NYCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel&start=20

Wildcat and Mantis are the ones with varients. It seems their BAFs are 6 pieces now (probably made the head a separate piece from the body), and the one A list hero (Green Arrow) will come with a display base.

Also, holy poo poo, look at that 30" anti monitor figure. Looks to be some sort of mail away promotion.

And this guy is too awesome. I don't care for half of the characters in that set, but I may get them just for Chemo

Oh man DCUC 9 looks like the best wave since Grundy. Also re: the display bases, a lot of the core DC superheroes are getting re-released with display bases instead of the BAF parts, from series 1 Batman to the Flash that's not even out yet. afaik they're being mixed in with cases of new DCUC lines so they'll always be a recognizable superhero on the shelves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Fisto posted:

I've seen Flash in two different stores.

living in Oklahoma sucks. Ill have to start camping targets again.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Walmart is where I found my Hawkman like weeks before wave 6 hit anywhere else so it looks like their distribution problems are a thing of the past. Good to know.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Joe Fisto posted:

DCUC Joker

oh hell yes

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Djarum posted:

What Hasbro needs to do is

Sell the license to Mattel?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

he looks like he's gonna burst into a little cossack dance

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

What's the Booster Gold variant?

I got one and its kinda lame, the preview pics showed Skeets opening up but the actual toy is solid plastic and attached to his back with some little plastic "swoosh" effect.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I found the whole set minus Barda at a Wal-Mart. Blue Beetle is really great. I'm not even that familiar with the character but it's such an awesome toy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Saw Batman and Shazam from the reissue wave with stands at my Walmart, so yeah they're out.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah I think it's an effort to keep core Justice League-type dudes visible on shelves. They're going to keep them in circulation in a separate wave without a BAF part, they just come with little stands.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

scare posted:

Here's how i got into the DCUC,

I've been annoyed with myself over the years that i never finished off my SuperPowers collection.
To get the last four i'd need *Clark Kent, Shazam, Orion and stupid cyborg* I could put a down payment on a house.
So in my twisted logic i figured i'd try and recreate the line with the DCUC guys...
But these drat things are so hard to come by up here, but here's what i'm at so far..

and now i'm crossing my fingers that Golden Pharoah, Cyclotron and Samurai get made...

That's awesome

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

mods rename me posted:

Someone type a list for me I'm lazy.

I see Fantomex, Deadpool, some voodoo guy I dont know, Warpath, a nice looking new Hulk sculpt, Black Widow, Havok, red costume Ms Marvel, Constrictor, some zombie faced dude I dont know, that female Thor from the Ultimates, Bag head Spidey, Madrox the Multiple Man, a white costume Phoenix, X force costume Wolverine, and a couple of people I dont recognize at all.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

Well here's where you can vote

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/en_US/discover/poll.cfm

I voted for Deadpool, Hulk, and Lady Bullseye.

Deadpool and Hulk are basically gimmes, man. You might as well vote for Wolverine.

Cocks Cable posted:

I already own both the Toy Biz versions. But I do like that updated sculpt and she looks like a very easy repaint to get a nice green and red classic Phoenix.

Whuh? You've already got the Toy Biz phoenix but you want the white one...so you can paint it to look like the toy you've already got??

Man Marvel collectors have gone insane with neglect or something the last couple of years. I'm glad I'm a DCUC man now. :smugdog:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

Mattel announced the next dcuc waves

Wave 10 (walmart):
Beast Boy
Batman (all black with yellow symbol)
Forager
Joker
Power Girl
Robotman (with removable head)
Imperiex C&C

And Wave 11 was basically confirmed
Cyborg Superman (red lantern)
Deadman (andsee through varient)
John Stewart
Katma Tui
The Question
Shark
Steppenwolf (50/50 red and green)
C&C Killowog

New Matty Collector 2 packs:
Romat Ru and Karu-Sil
Animal Man and B'wanna Beast

A wal-mart 5 pack with Batman, Lex Luthor, Two-Face, Catwoman, and Superman. Apparently all of these figures are in their "silver age look"

And apparently there's also a Target exclusive wave based off of the new Batman/Superman movie with
Batman
Superman
Icicle
Black Lightning
Major Force
Silver Banshee
C&C Brimstone

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...ze=800&start=40 starting here there's a big slideshow

So is it just accepted at this point that Wave 8 is a Canadian Wal-Mart/Ebay exclusive? Are these toys ever going to hit stores down here or should I suck it up and buy my Gentleman Ghost off ebay?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

The last 5 or so waves of Marvel Legends (basically since hasbro took over), at least where I live, have done terribly sales-wise.

Fish Of Doom posted:

(basically since hasbro took over)

:tipshat:

Hasbro's toys are crappy, been crappy from the beginning. They're starting to get better but it doesn't matter, at this point they've shot themselves in the foot. Now they're basically shutting out the 6 inch line because nobody bought their awful toys for the past five waves.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ugh, Mattel is launching another line of 12" doll-looking figures with cloth outfits. Unless you're Hot Toys and can make your dolls cost hundreds of dollars, this has never looked good ever. It was poo poo when Toy Biz made Marvel Famous Covers and it's poo poo today.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He does good work but iirc he's either antisemetic or a crazy ron paul type of guy

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jin Saotome is a character from some obscure Capcom game, made semi-famous from being in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

e: this guy

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jul 29, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I always hated action features too, even as a little kid. One exception though was Super Powers, ever toy had a power punch or karate chop or something like that. Still, I loved Super Powers. Which is probably why I love DCUC so much now.

now if only wave 8 would come out near me

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

drat, my TRU is having a sale on Movie Masters, buy 1 get 2 free, and they must have five or six unmasked Batmen on the pegs.

Did those get a full-case release or something, or is this just one of those freak occurences?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Got a Batman/Clayface 2 pack today at TRU. Clayface is awesome, he could have easily been a BAF as big and detailed as he is. The bendy arms are a really creepy addition to him, too, though I do kind of wonder how they'll hold up over time. Batman is just Batman though I did repaint him without the mud spatters.

They also had laser-eye Superman/old-school Braniac, which I passed up. I've got a great Superman and I'm holding out hope for a 80s-style robo-Braniac.

Toy News International has some great shots of DCUC 11, much nicer than the shots from comic-con. Kilowog looks bad-rear end.

e: and if anybody but me still buys JLU, we're getting 2 kick rear end 6 packs, a 'good guy' and a 'bad guy' one. Good guy pack has a Mr. Terrific, Elongated Man, Obsidian, Hourman and a non-horrible Supergirl as well as (of course) Superman. Bad guy is all new characters except for Lex Luthor, with Tala, Psycho Pirate, Devil Ray, Dr. Polaris, and Gentleman Ghost, who is no longer holding up playing cards for no reason. Looks great, I just hope some of them actually show up near me.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 2, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My neighbor three houses down, a fellow collector, just said he picked these up for me. I still collect JLU, but I'm not a completist so I will probably end up trying to sell Tala, Lex, and Devil Ray once I pay him back for all of them. I no longer have my JLU figures on display, as I'm trying to figure out a new, safe method of displaying them without having them constantly falling over. What do you do with yours?

Horde the little plastic stands, mostly. I've also made a few custom stands just out of sculpey, pressing the figure down on it then baking it. This doesn't work terribly well most of the time.

Or you can buy JLU figure stands off of Mattycollector. Of course not every figure has a hole in the foot for the stands...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

bgaesop posted:

How do the claws stay on your hands?

nerd magnets

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Liberal Idiot posted:

I realize this might be old news to most people, but this was the coolest thing I saw out of everything toy-related from Comic-Con, from the JLU line:

Click here for the full 1000x993 image.

Not to mention the Marvel Family set, the Justice Guild set, the Doom Patrol set, Superman Red and Blue, Plastic Man, Amanda Waller, classic Aquaman, Cyborg, OMAC, the Crime Syndicate...the JLU series is now a better DC Universe line than Super Powers ever was.

When the heck is Amanda Waller coming out? They've been showing her off for what feels like forever.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah the artists were extremely inconsistant with wolverine's bone claws. I could buy them being kind of gnarled on the hand that they got snapped off, but all across Marvel people were going buck wild on some bone claws.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dacap posted:

They've more or less fixed this with Daken (except for when artists draw him with metal claws by mistake) and made them much more nail/claw like than bone.

What the hell, there's another teenager with claws now?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Aphrodite posted:

That's Wolverine's son.

like actual birth son or like cloned son sent to the future and raised by apocalypse then memories erased and returned to our time kinda deal?

Cause this is marvel we are talking about.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Then wouldn't the wound from him popping the claw out never heal and he'd eventually bleed out from that?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Djarum posted:

See that would require you to also have enough intelligence to realize that Daken is a terrible character and concept.

Hey, it was true when they trotted X-23 out and it's true now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just googled up some images of the next set of Movie Masters to remind myself they exist. Any idea when these are hitting Mattycollector?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jamesman posted:

His name makes me think of Dokken, and the idea that Wolverine gave birth to this is simply delightful.

So does anyone here collect World of Warcraft figures, by any chance? The only place I can ever find them is at a Toys R Us 40 minutes away, and I'm still missing most of the current series. It sucks to collect things that are so drat hard to find, short of paying ridiculous prices to order them online.

I wouldnt say I collect them. Ive bought a couple just because i liked the look of them (the gnome on the mechano chicken and the Murlocks). The only place I've ever seen them is TRU too.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah if I pay $5 for shipping it had better not come in a box where I can look at the shipping and see you only paid $2. If you absolutely have to make a certain amount start your minimum bid higher or put in a reserve. That's what it's there for.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bushifox posted:

See, I just don't understand this line of thinking. Why does it matter where a seller makes up the fees? If you are going to buy an item, you see it for the price + shipping as what you are paying. What difference does it make if someone charges you 10 dollars with free shipping or 1 dollar plus 9 dollars shipping? (except that ebay doesn't make as much money from the 1 dollar one?)

It really is just a matter of one looks a lot more honest than the other, therefore people are more likely to want to patronize it. If you charge me ten bucks to ship a toy that I paid another ten bucks for and I get a box with a $5 shipping label on it, it feels like I just got taken for five bucks. If however you charge me five bucks shipping and I pay fifteen bucks for the toy, and I get a box that says it cost $5 to ship, it feels like you are an honest businessman. It's transparency. I dont mind giving you five more bucks because ebay really does rip people off these days, but I want to know about it up front so at least it feels like I have a CHOICE to give you that five bucks.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bob Cthulhu posted:

So, you know it's happening, but you're upset because this isn't told every time? Also, shipping materials occasionally need to be purchased. Do you need a receipt for that, too? What about the gas for the seller to get it to the post office?

Now you're just being a dick for the sake of being a dick. Nobody's even coming close to suggesting that and you know it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Whorehey posted:

What a strange time to interrupt the debate about scalpers. I'm off the convention floor at Chicago and I just bought the last two figures I needed for the DC Universe Classics wave 5, the god damned Wal-Mart wave. I paid $80 for the Atom and $60 for the Eradicator, and that was because of a dented bubble. I also got a bunch of other things, I'll post those later when I get home and settled back in.

Am I upset I paid that price, knowing retail was under $13? No. Am I upset that I HAVE to pay that price? Yes. I know, I know. I don't have to pay the price, just don't buy it. But then I run into a big problem: I won't have two of the best figures in the series and one of them happens to be an absolute favorite character of mine.

I would love to enlist in some sort of massive movement in which every collector stands up and says, "NO, I will not pay those prices," but the reality is that's not going to happen. At least, not anymore than it already does. Each figure has a price ceiling that movies as time goes on. There's always that breaking point on the figure in which the collector says no.

That's cool but really the debate wasn't about scalpers, it was about people inflating shipping costs well beyond actual shipping costs to make more money!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

mods rename me posted:

I've been selling on eBay for a while and I don't even see a way to hide shipping costs. :?:
Also I picked up another big round of Target clearance stuff and you jerks better start buying frome me again!@

by inflate the shipping cost I mean like when someone says "Shipping charge is $10"
then they go to the post office and spend $3 on postage.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bob Cthulhu posted:

You're bitching because the label on the box says 5 dollars to ship, but you paid 10. But what you *don't* know is the stuff I listed, which wouldn't be on the shipping label. You've come very close to suggesting it, it just sounds retarded when it's out like that.

EDIT: What I'm really trying to say is that there's more to shipping than the cost of the mailman.

The point is if eBay, gas prices, or whatever are eating into your bottom line that badly put in a reserve price or just charge more for the figure. Don't artificially inflate the price like that. Nowhere did I or anybody suggest an itemized account of charges on the drat shipping label.

Bushifox posted:

I don't see how free shipping is any less deceptive. Just becuase it "sounds" better to the customer. And, if you are really "retarded" enough to pay a premium because it sounds more "honest" to you...it seems you have your priorities mixed up.

We're not talking about a premium, we're talking about paying the same price for the figure. Say $20 total - I'd rather pay $15 for the toy and $5 shipping than a $10-$10 split, especially when the box comes with a label that says $2.50 on it.

Yes it is really a matter of perspective and no it is not the end of the world. It's just something that makes a lot of people feel better, and might keep people coming back. How is it "retarded" to understand that people like to buy from honest vendors, even if it's just the perception of honesty?

Bushifox posted:

Your passion for paying exact postage amounts (even though paypal still charges a 3% fee on the shipping) and paying exact retail have moved me in such a way that if I sell anything on ebay, I will do it for exact retail and exact shipping costs, be damned with losing money or actually making a profit. Why should the seller make any extra money when ebay should be having more fees.

:downsbravo: Way to miss the point. Screw this, if you people aren't even going to try to respond without being utter dicks, i'm done with this conversation.

purple death ray fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 8, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bob Cthulhu posted:

Oh? :raise:

Oh. :( So you only want *some* of the charges itemized, then?

Are you being dense on purpose or do you not realize that the post office will usually print the price of the postage on the label, regardless of whether you put the price on there?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bob Cthulhu posted:

Are you too dense to realize that there is more cost to shipping than just the amount needed for the post office to bring it to you, even if only that amount is disclosed to you?

See this is actually a good argument, picking at words to make my side look ridiculous isn't.

I understand there's more to it than just the actual shipping, that's why I suggested (several times) that if you feel like you have to make a certain amount to offset the costs, start minimum bids higher or put up a reserve price. That is why these things exist.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Bob Cthulhu posted:

So, if we both agree (I think) that these other costs exist, why is it 'unfair' or 'dishonest' for the buyer to pay them, since they're part of shipping?

Like I've said about five times at this point it's mostly a matter of perception on the part of the buyer. However logical it might seem that the cost is the same either way, if you say the shipping is this much and it's actually a lot less it feels like I have been had. It's just one of those gut reactions you either have or you don't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jet Ready Go posted:

Yeah and why can MattyCollector charge $10 for shipping for one figure and my price of $6 is "outrageous"?

Oh don't even get me started on mattycollector. :(