Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

I saw this on my Twitter feed and thought someone in here collected Kamen Rider figures. I don't know anything about this version but it looks like an awesome design.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1563158597705805826?t=sW0SkdLBDwbNTBBBGoVLzw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

I mainly lurk and live vicariously through this thread because of space at my home, but one day I found the Figurarts Luffy at Walmart and bought it. And you can't be King of the Pirates by yourself so I had to get Sanji and Zoro.

Zoro is kinda disappointing at around $70. His left arm comes off at the bicep to swap with a piece that has his bandana tied around his arm and that piece does not stay connected real well. His robe also severely limits his poseabilty to the point where you can only really have him stand straight up. I've ordered a 3rd party cloth robe so hopefully that will help.

Sanji is pretty awesome and comes with some nice, expressive faces. He has tons of articulation and his flaming leg pieces look really nice and also have articulation. I've really enjoyed posing him and all of the different stances I've been able to make with him.

Luffy is just a great figure. The colors really pop and his faces are very expressive. The only complaints I have are that his neck joint is a tad loose, you can't hang his hat around his neck, and there aren't any accessories to show his rubber man powers. With that said, I really love this figure and have had a blast posing him. He has tons of articulation and he can be put in just about any of his prominent stances from the show.

Overall I am really loving the One Piece line. I'm definitely going to be getting more of them as they are released. I really hope the Romance Dawn Nami and first arc Luffy figures means we get more of the crew in their various outfits.

midwest ink fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 8, 2024

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Welp, guess I am in on this One Piece Figurarts line. Just ordered Yamato because Yamato is the poo poo. I'm excited to get him in! And my wife called me a nerd, which I feel is some sort of right of initiation with collecting.

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Aphrodite posted:

Edit: Does anyone have a suggestion for a stand for figures this size? The heels mean she has no hope of standing on her own.

These are what I use for my Figuarts and they work really well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N87J4T6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I was really surprised how well they actually hold their position. They also can link together. I haven't used any others to compare against but I'm happy with these.

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

I got the Figuarts Trafalgar Law in today and he is fantastic. My only complaint is his coat doesn't detach which keeps him from being able to stand on his own.

I also splurged last month and picked up Kaido. This guy is massive and heavy. I was impressed, his joints and chains are actual metal and his faces are amazing.

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Captain Invictus posted:

lmfao wait they actually produced for-real physical renditions of those stupid loving faces Kidd, Law, and Luffy made when they were playing a game of chicken with fire?

incredible. simply incredible

It is absolutely incredible. Law comes with the matching face for Luffy and Kidd is coming with the face also when he releases.

Law is a fantastic figure. His articulation is the best of the line so far and the detail on him, down to his tattoos, are spot on. He comes with tons of different hands to recreate almost any stance from the show. I am really impressed with this figure. Definitely worth picking up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

Gripweed posted:

There are a lot of friends of the Strawhats, but the official Crew is only ten guys.

They have also only been focused on one specific arc so the cast is more limited but they are moving into releasing Luffy and Nami from the beginning of the series and, oh God, my poor wallet!