Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh no, I wasn't expecting the Spider-Verse look, just don't think it really pops the way I remember the comic one doing so. But the other figures in the nice wee display up there would seem to back up that this is relatively on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
There are many reasons to appreciate Bandai's Star Wars line but one that doesn't get enough love is the perfectly sized packaging. The Luke and Obi-Wan reissues just turned up and they're in these lovely, compact, space-saving boxes that put literally everyone else to shame.

Anyway, their AHN Luke is the perfect farmboy goober, it's won me over on a look I honestly never liked much (Bespin Luke was always my A #1). Tempted to try and find one of those Black Series Landspeeder sets with the dumb hat and poncho now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Huh, SHF have a TPM 25th anniversary announcement in April but they already reissued Obi-Wan this month, and announced reissues of Oui-Gon, Maul, and the B1s months ago so...

(please be Padme and Sidious, please be Padme and Sidious)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
If it were, I'd probably buy one to troll a pal at work, he has a strange love/hate fascination thing with the Binkster. Hell, make it a Jar Jar and Boss Nass two-pack.

A Ki-Adi Mundi would be nice but this is Bandai we're talking about, they rarely stray far beyond leads and troop builders.

Maybe a droidekka?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Retro Snow Serpent doesn’t have an AK, no sale.

:colbert:

I’m not sure the Todd Batmobile price point is a fair comparison for a 1:12 Ecto-1. It’s just a big slab of mostly smooth black plastic with few paint apps, if any. Ecto-1 is an asymmetrical pile of garbage (in a good way) with a lot more going on, various tampos, bigger interior, people would want all 4 to fit in it, etc.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yeah, honestly I look at the Twins awesomely ridiculous outfits with the sash and single pauldrons and cannot think of anything more soul crushingly boring than to put them cheap suits. It almost offends me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A bunch of Joes showed up today and they're all lovely but I'm only displaying the OG 13 14 at the moment so here's Scarlett joining in (hopefully not too much longer before Grunt and Clutch show up too...)

Roll on Zap, Flash, Short Fuze, Grand Slam, and Steeler.

(Duke, Recondo, and Quick Kick are all awesome but I just ain't got the room currently, need to sort out some new shelves, gah)

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
They made a nice retool of it for the 25th line, more details, an actual sealed canopy, etc. They could probably just rescale that for 1:12 and it'd work fine.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Joe Fisto posted:

Evil Steve

Steevil, innit.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I don't do 1:6 but that's certainly the closest anything's ever come to getting me to reconsider. Proper wow.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Eh, Trip's paint looks way too silver than black, a bit of a miss compared to BT.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Another month, another gnashing of teeth as still no sign of Rogue and Tim Drake:

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1782593216384016404

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1782593911761858948

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nanigans posted:

Some day, Tim. :negative:

At this rate we'll get a bloody Red Hood figure before we get Robin, it's maddening.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
While I can imagine them doing a basic, blue paint job version of the HISS sans electronics et al, I doubt they will touch that Sentinel ever again. But what they could do is make a new, smaller one based on the awesome MvC design. Hell, make it Mango and I'd buy it in a goddamn heartbeat.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Nanigans posted:

Holy poo poo!!

SHF Kelleran Beq! Justice for Ahmed!

Can’t believe SHF beat Hasbro to the punch. This is awesome.

Hell yeah.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1783752873316409569

Jinkies, Hell has frozen over, cats and dogs living together, etc...

..I actually like the cut of this chap's jib. It's honest to gosh the first time I've seen a DBZ design and actually liked it, as opposed to finding it utterly hideous.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Groove evening, space cats!

I already had a Part 2 version but finally, the OG is mine in all her tangy glory.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Yes, the contrast between Emily and Lenny on the Joe team, or the dudes on the TF one, with the guys on the Marvel and Star Wars stuff is pretty stark.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

We do risk running out of female Joes but I'd love to see Bombstrike down the line.

Pretend I put that smiley with the dude holding a cuppa and kinda nodding approvingly here.

Also Daina, either version, and whoever that pilot-paratrooper lady was (Freefall?).

Oh and gimme a Crimson Asp dammit. Those greens really popped with the red hair.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Kinda baffled at Hasbro going back to the plastic hood well for Sidious when their last couple of RotJ versions had perfectly fine cloth ones but oh well, it's better than nothing and it's not like Bandai are likely to do him anytime soon.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Don't have the Stormtrooper so totes picking up a couple of those. The Obi-Wan Vader is GOAT for me, I don't like the robes over the armour look so don't need this ANH take. R2, I prefer the original version, the new one looks too pristine. But Threepio, yeah if he's got that finish to him ala the model kit then that makes him the absolute best Threepio. The previous one is great but the new one's finish is an improvement.

Now, if they could also please re-release Han, an improved, less traffic coney Leia, and the RotS Obi-Wan then I can finally be complete.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Display wise I go with:

SHF
TPM - Obi-Wan, Maul, soon-to-be Qui-Gon (in transit)
AotC - Mace, Yoda
RotS - Anakin

Obi-Wan - Vader and, er, Obi-Wan

Solo - Chewie (but accessorized to the ANH version)

ANH - Threepio, R2, Luke
RotJ - Luke

Mando - The Armourer, Paz Vizsla
BoBF - Boba Fett, oddly enough

TFA - Han, all the various Stormtroopers
TLJ - Rey, Ahch-To Luke, Phasma
RoS - Kylo Ren

The only Mafex ones I have with them are the 2.0 Mando and Grogu, a pair of Phase 2 Clones, and BB-8. While I like their ESB Boba, and the chrome finish of their Phasma, their scale is just too darn big most of the time so they stick out too much. Hell, the Clones are too tall as well really but I can just about fudge it. I figure their Bo-Katan should be okay, as long as she goes alright with their Mando it should be fine but I'll probably end up going with the SHF Ahsoka despite preferring the Mafex heads because the latter will probably tower over Anakin. Probably just stick with the RotJ Luke I have for the all black look, I will go to my grave making GBS threads on the SHF Mando Luke's revolting corpse like face.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The colour balance of your pic is hosed tho, your Yoda looks almost radioactive.

In all the promo shots and videos I've seen of him, he looks like death plus that thousand yard stare thing. Ugh.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'd totally buy Mega Goober Syril and his mate off Eastenders.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dawgstar posted:

People are very weird about retro card Scarlett's face sculpt. They act like it's Falcon or something.

People are very weird about most of the women Joes full stop. Hell, wasn't there was a guy a while back who wouldn't shut up about how 'wrong' Lady Jaye was and was dead set on cannibalising a custom together? Like, what the hell, Jaye's fine. I didn't/don't get it at all, just bizarre behaviour.

Nanigans posted:

Do you have a picture of how this looks?

Will sort you out tomorrow. I'm mostly happy with it though the bow part of the caster is hilarious wide/big!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I would just like to add that the Batman '66 Nightwing design is incredible. The flares! The chest hair! Also, does this open the door to a '66 Jason because I'm trying to imagine that dynamic and it's cracking me up.