Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Silver calf notwithstanding, I never noticed before that Threepio's legs weren't symmetrical - the panel lines and detailing are actually strikingly different in places. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The notion of a planet with mantis (manti?) big enough to be frickin' facehugged is terrifying enough in itself, Jesus gently caress.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"Jet Set! Jet Set! Jet Set Radiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Travis343 posted:

One step closer to an Ulala figuarts.

Don't dare tease me so. It breeds hope, and hope is a cruel lie.

:(

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
*dies*

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I finally got around to ordering the NECA Weird Al. I think I'm going to display him with the 80's hair and accordion.

Ah, the ravages of age on one's eyesight. On first glance, I looked at this and wondered "why is Ripley holding an accordion?"

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Schrecken posted:

I bought this today. It looks like she is only one per case.

Some of the others looked good, but this was the figure from this series that I had to have.

Death: The High Cost of Wrestlemania Tickets

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

purple death ray posted:

In other news why is Figma Ulala so loving expensive

Yikes, you weren't kidding. And where is a Pine and Pudding to go with her, drat it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
drat it, I knew Figma were doing a Part 2 one but I didn't realise there was an online exclusive in OG colours:

The orange just pops. Hopefully they'll do a Pudding too.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Fuzz posted:

The original 80s film? Most people don't even know it or have never seen it.

And most of those who did would probably rate it as a Top 5 entry in their Most Mind-Numbingly loving Boring Films Ever Seen lists.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Daaaaaaamn, that's one hell of a head sculpt. It's hilarious to look at some of the non-HT stuff Sideshow have announced lately (like the Sean Connery Bond or Tennant Doctor) and compare the heads on those with mini-Margot here.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Man, I can't wait to see a Hot Toys Snoke. I wanna see those funky little gold lame slippers and blinging dressing gown.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rirse posted:

Considering there is stuff like this, no I don't think they are paying attention.

https://twitter.com/LilFormers/status/928060627280687106

:unsmigghh:

Fuzz posted:

I can't loving wait until that lovely company loving implodes.

High five, comrade.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

"Grooooooove evening, goons!"

Good grief, she's got about a dozen different hands, and a trio of Morolian buddies. And her face comes off, for some bizarre reason (I don't recall seeing an alt one in there). Quite wonderful but still, she feels incomplete without Pudding, y'know?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Joe Fisto posted:

The MAFEX Gwenpool is up for preorder and drat it looks good. It’s like the Girihiru art walked off the page.

:allears:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hmmm. I haven’t picked up a SW figure in almost 20 years but drat, Aph- er, Joystick Chevron is a must.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

s.i.r.e. posted:

That Predator looks like he spent much of his youth playing Halo and watching any modern super hero film and just loved the armor from them.

Did you watch the trailer yet? This one's even more of a fuckin' chump than the ones in AvP or Predators. OG Pred would be spinning in his grave if he hadn't completely atomised himself.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

:stare:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rirse posted:

Which Transformer is the one with the beard who tends to smash really awful bootlegs once he done talking about them?

That's Thew.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw man, Mafex Gwen is pretty much perfect. All I'd change is making her unmasked head not look quite so gormless, the masked ones have much better expressions.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

CelticPredator posted:

Thank god you can switch all the heads around

The original head was okay for the time, (here) but I'm much happier with the new stuff.

Liking this set more and more every day.

New head looks too much like Christian Bale, especially in that second pic.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
drat it, I totally missed that there’s a Mafex Evil Gwen coming out, with an awesome extra head for the first Gwen figure.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Aphrodite posted:

They also announced they're doing Mandalorian Boba, so more ill fitting, beer belly Boba.

(I'm sure Morrison is in great shape, I think the costume just did him no favors.)

Dad Bod Boba is hands down my favourite look for him so this is excellent news. Once Mafex or Bandai announce one, I'm going Mando crazy and snapping up as many helmeted weirdos with jetpacks as possible.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That Modular Iron Man nicely evokes the MSH/MvC2 look. If you get one, you should get a PHOTON CANNON! the size of a spray can with it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sanschel posted:

They need to do an MvC or Marvel Superheroes wave where the build a figure is just Iron Man’s obscenely huge cannon

No, they don't because then my resolve would finally crumble and I'd have shelf loads of plastic tat everywhere. Can you imagine the full casts of MvC2 and 3, especially with all the various recoloured sprites from the former and alt costumes from the latter?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
A question possibly best answered by CP or Xeno I guess but all thoughts welcome:

What's the best 1/12 version of the Big Chap? Mafex, Neca, Figma, something else entirely? I'm leaning towards the Neca 40th version but thought this is probably the best place to ask. The super loose tongue of the Neca looks annoying but the fiddly cables and pipes of the Mafex sound even worse.

Not interested in any other versions (though there seem to be some cool A3 ones about these days too), just the OG.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
For me it was Star Wars > GI Joe > Transformers & Gobots > back to GI Joe as the S3/post Diaclone stuff did not appeal at all. Was never into MotU or Power Lords or Thundercats or whatever, all those bigger fantasy figures just seemed ugly and rubbish and just not my bag at the time. By the time the Turtles made it big, I was in that 'probably too old for toys' stage and spending most of my allowance on comics and art supplies, though I always dug their style and kind of wish I had them.

But yeah, MotU was my era but I just never liked the look of any of them so have never wanted one.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Davros1 posted:

Will the shed look like Castle Grayskull? :v:

Did you see that video doing the rounds of some dad who's building a properly toy scaled CG for himself his son? No more having to awkwardly squeeze through the main gate.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Y'know, there's loads of plastic tat that comes out and I think looks nice and/or cool and all but very rarely do I see anything I'd really buy in an instant. So colour me gutted that I went to bed last night and woke up to find a super limited retro-tastic translucent cherry/blueberry/plum Sark, Flynn and Tron 7" set came up and sold out instantly because nothing's pressed all my buttons like that before or since. It just got me right in the 'hanging out with Dad in DisneyWorld and him buying the original 3"75 versions back in the day' feels.

Short of pleading with the manufacturer to make some more, I guess I'm out of luck, dammit.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

"LET'S GO, BUB!"

Somehow, suddenly in a way I'm not quite sure of, I've been bitten by the X-Men bug hard and now I've got these two fellas proving impossible not to keep fiddling with. Even though I've always been tan Wolvie 4 life, I just love the colours on both these guys, they pop so wonderfully. Hopefully one day they'll do a punk Storm (best Storm!) to go with them.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Some Hasbro guy's brain almost shutting down as he tries to describe AoA Rogue's puffy sleeves/leotard/moon boots/Magneto collar ensemble has been the highlight of the week. Anyway, they're doing a wave with Legion, AoA Mags, AoA Rogue, AoA Scott, AoA Bobby, AoA Sabretooth, and AoA Kitty with the Wolvie claws. AoA Colossus is the build a figure.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

I've been content to skip the whole line so far because the updated designs weren't really doing it for me but that Commando (aka Best) Snake Eyes and Roadblock are all I'd ever want so drat it, I guess I'm in now.

Jeez, Timber's way more articulated than I ever expected.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
What’s Death in the Family Joker? Is it just normal Joker with a bloody crowbar or will he be dressed as the Iranian Ambassador?

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Soooooo, having finally caved on the Classified line, Zartan, Destro and Bludd arrived this morning. Only opened Zartan so far but drat, they really nailed him and I like that you can't see any ugly joint pegs peg on him (something that's always put me off other Hasbro 6" stuff like Marvel Legends). Now if they could just do a classic OG style CC, that would be lovely (the current versions are just way too fussy for my liking). Alternatively, the Fred VII armour would also be acceptable.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Zaalbar is whatever, but I really hope this means Bastila, Malak, HK and T3 are coming.

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1404490696904544263?s=21

Needs a Mission so I can use them both to recreate the best scene in the game on my bookshelf.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Really digging this guy, it's a look I'm strongly tempted to adopt when I eventually have to return to the office.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I demand a Columbo figure.

Preferably with Dog.

How about a two pack with Patrick McGoohan. Each PM head has a different murderously withering sneer on it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Dammit, the same day that The Dude gets announced at a laughable price...

I love his figure stand, it really ties the display together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'd quite like to see Batman reigned in a bit, not a billionaire, not a millionaire even. Sure, he can still have a fancy house in the country and the means to live comfortably and pursue his interests (beating the poo poo out of clowns, wrestlers, and cosplayers) but not the absurd resources he's been typically shown to have these last 40 years. A Batman without a corporation, black ops funds, and state of the art tech backing him up. Just him, his skills, his wits, and whatever crap he and Alfred can cobble together to help him in his crusade. Limitations create challenge, etc.