Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Satsuki posted:

It hasn't been released, they just showed samples.

Whew. The world is safe. For now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

quote:

Hey Guys!
So I just found out that the 6" news that I mentioned earlier will
actually be on display at SDCC, and Not NYCC!!!! (I got the SD and the
NY confused whoops!)
But please swing by the Marvel Booth this weekend at the NYCC and check
out
the new Marvel Universe 3.75" figures Hasbro will have at the booth.
There's going to be a lot of stuff there you are going to love!
Best!
Jesse
This guy I tell ya.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:drat:
That Maxx proto was probably painted by Kyle Robinson who is normally a much better painter. I don't get it.
On Fwoosh, the 4" line is being met with mixed reviews. Some are saying they'll pick and choose, some are saying they're really excited, others are boycotting it.
I'm going to skip it. That's not the size I like my dolls in and I just got rid of most my SW stuff.
That being said, anyone need an AT TE :hehe:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's just one line that the suits don't really care about. I doubt they notice.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Toy Biz wasn't great either, so it's not suprised that that continued, especially with Jesse back.
He did Q+As and stuff and be cryptic every so often, then vanish, and nothing would be fixed.
So really, nothing new.
Also, oil is back to 40 a barrel and it's being reflected in gas prices.
Will we see this reflected in dolls anytime soon ... no :(

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 5, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Was it just Canadian based one or all of them (tm) ?

Edit. Anyone want two packs cheap? Check out Wal Borg.
Free shipping with site to store on most.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 5, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anukahn posted:

Guessing this is the thread where to ask for opinions/suggestions about this custom?

Cute!

DCUC guy posted:

Black Adam
Black Canary
Guardian
Deadshot
Green Arrow
Mantis
Wildcat
BAF: Chemo

Seven figs? What are the variants?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sanschel posted:

I knew there would be some kind of payoff to those Anti-Monitor points, but holy poo poo am I happy I've been hoarding those things.

How is this going to work? I thought it was a con exclusive thing.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I can't get into that line at that price point for sure, but I'll probably buy the giants if they work.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I found Marvel Universe figures today (minus Iron Man) today.
Verdict? I still don't like the scale.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I found em at Meijer. Probably not going to keep any, so jump on em if you're interested and want them before all your friends!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The "toy journalists" say the later waves look better. Why? Why not put your best foot forward or stagger your weak ones?
This is the scale Hasbro is good at, but come on!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

They also use weird words like "paint ops."
All I want to see in a drat review are pictures. I can see for myself what the thing looks like. And tell me if it fell apart.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Found the Iron Men from the first set, still probably going to return them.
So get em while they're hot!
I'm hoping to do a big update this weekend of what I still have left to sell. I got a basement and garage full of crap and some school loans/cc debt to finish off.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Doc Faustus posted:

Does this include the Wal-Mart Exclusive War Machine?

No :( But they're shipping again and I saw one at a store recently.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

Haha! This loving line, I tell you...

Were Toybiz's superhero showdown figures this terribly painted, I can't remember?
No they just came in pieces.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

Which did you have? Do you have pics?

It's in the trading thread. No pics because I'm not going to open them and probably return them if no one wants em by tomorrow.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Beanpants posted:

I'm kind of relieved that ML is just going to a special release type of thing. I have two huge boxes filled with figures. There's still characters I'd want, but still, it was a good run.
I'm kind of ready to call it its taking too much space in my basement which is why I'm getting rid of my non-superhero stuff.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The one and only if I had to pick would be 90s Jean Grey. Anything past that would be gravy.
I had a custom one almost done but I overboiled it and melted it. Someone sent me an unpainted Jean Grey custom that looks pretty good, but, alas, I cannot paint work a darn.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Djarum posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOxqNC-YJ3A

It kinda puts my stop motion stuff I have been working on to shame. Jesse Falcon voices MODOK too. I want to know how they did the mouth.
Yea the mouth is exceptional. The rest is good, but doable, but that mouth movement.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

bgaesop posted:

Sadly that's just a GIS. My collection is quite nice, but it's also all in boxes in another state. I would have posted a bunch of pictures from marvellegends.net but appropriately enough it seems to be down.

Waiting has vanished for some reason. But I recognize that collection. There's a lot of customs in it.
Edit: And ML is not almost ten years old stop making me feel old! And we did get swim trunks Namor.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Maybe if he invested in some photo compression.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Anxiously waiting the list :allears: but I'm down to all HTF stuff so I'll never finish it without paying an arm and a leg.

I agree on the DC vs Marvel figure notes. I didn't think I'd care for DCUC because of the samey bodies, but it works.

What does Hasbro need to do? Maybe taking a break will help. Most of their product seems rushed, and this is coming from the biggest Hasbro apologist out there.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 14, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don't mind the new/reduced articulation really. And the price isn't going down.
But better paint applications will probably go a long way.
Edit: A ton of figures on Sa Mart. Most going on ebay/back to the store if no one claims em this weekend.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 14, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Thirty-six or so figures coming out this year too.
Some of the new stuff they showed looked OK, but it's just not that exciting in that scale :(

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:bravo:
It keeps getting better!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Djarum posted:

I read the that article that they canceled the Snakes Eye Mr. Potato head. Every one of those Movie themed Mr. Potato Heads have done real well and cost almost nothing to make. Hell I even own them.

I have some of these too. Do you know of a checklist :(

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Great I got rid of all my SW stuff since I gave up on Katarn coming out.
Oh well.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well which one of you guys was this. This is the strangest message I've ever recieved on eBay, selling an extra Hulk figure.

hulk finder on ebay posted:

Hi would you have 5x classic green hulk 5x grey hulk, 5x king hulk,5x End Hulk ... Please let me know how many of each you may have and how much for everything with shipping...Please Let me KNow thank you..."
Note I didn't have half of those even listen in quanities of one.

On a side note, anyone finding the DCUC wave 7 case with the rereleases? or DCUC 5 for that matter ;(

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

My Wal-Mart has like 10 Riddlers, and maybe an Amazo or two. I was going to pick one up for someone on another board. You want one, too?

Thanks for the offer but I'm broke until some auctions end unless there's something you'd want in trade.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

:( Nope
Looks like Meijer is getting temple of doom figures. I grabbed some if anyone is interested.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well its a mixed bag. Punisher is awful but some are pretty average.
Also whats with the darn period avatars?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Satsuki posted:

What?! But the "insiders" at Fwoosh said that Marvel was upset with Hasbro and Toybiz and Mattel were going to come save the day because Ha$bro is only out for money while Toybiz and Mattel only are out for the fans.

"Fwoosh insiders."
Heh.
It was a no brainer that this was going to be renewed. Hasbros huge. Marvel's huge now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

And the "dot avatar" is some old YCS thing when I posted in there. I need to change it up soon.

Just had to confirm it, that's what I figured.

That Krang is pretty sweet. I'm pretty much gay for Krang. I still have the old big suit, but I lost my old Krang :(

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I should have known that I feel ashamed.
This thing still owns though
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_W8dDqsMHtUc/SWS8RreNAJI/AAAAAAAABew/LXEBon8wHYY/s400/krangs-body-boxb.jpg

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had the little walker one too but now I can't find it.
Krang owns.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well that's a little strange

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Satch posted:

When I went to grab my pulls yesterday I noticed my comic shoppe has a slew of these marvel universe figures in, and some of them are desirable.

However my lcbs is selling them for 11.99 each!!

Yikes. Why does Diamond even bother when it comes to Hasbro stuff?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

General Wishy posted:

May not work for all your figures but for only $5 it couldn't be a waste.

http://store.spawn.com/detail.aspx?ID=297
Those aren't a bad deal since shipping is more reasonable now. Shipping is only $6. But if someone wants to buy a ton and distribute them, that might not be a bad idea either.
Want me to order a ton? Does this make any sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Donde Esta posted:

So is Deadpool worth the $14-18 I'd probably have to shell out to get him over the internet?

I'll find you one bro. :hehe: