Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
All this legends talk makes me feel bummed that I missed out on almost all of it. Which is why I'm kind of hoping the new line wouldn't such so much but no dice it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
loving awesome, I find something I like and now it's going to Toys R Us with the nearest several hours away. On the plus side, my K Mart seems to be a dumping ground for other K Marts, so it gets Muggs at jacked up times. The Walmart doesn't carry them at all though, maybe that's the trade off.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

They're making a new Epic Duels board game? That's great, the first one was awesome.

No loving way, I loved that game! I still have it, and I'm totally buying the gently caress out of the next one.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Yeesh, that's frightening. Though it makes me think they'd look awesome as a minimate.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Jet Ready Go posted:

drat YOU HASSBROOOOOO!!!

Is the blue on that Spider-man really that weird looking?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

Mike Crawford did his Terminator figure review, and man these really are goofy looking figures:

Click here for the full 500x753 image.

Are those braces or a robo-stache?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I somehow have 26 Mighty Muggs. I... don't know what to say, other than Might Mugg Galactus is awesome.

I should have grabbed him when I had the chance. :( But it was either that or Doc Ock, and I stick by my decision.

Marvel Muggs were the only ones I wanted.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Don't break a sweat. Back up to $50.

Not when I clicked on it? Man I better not be getting charged $50 for it, I don't want it that bad.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Starsnostars posted:

I am so sick of seeing so many of those marvel universe weapon x/black ops/whatever its meant to be Wolverines and no Captain Britains.

I'm tired of wall-to-wall Iron Man. And it's not like, every flavor of Iron Man, it's pretty much the same 3 or 4.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Where are you located? I've never seen the 6" Iron Man 2 toys priced at anything higher than like $12 at any store I've ever been to. poo poo, I could probably snap some pics at my local Wal-Mart tomorrow if you're so inclined. $21 is pretty ridiculous.

They're about that price around me, of course they also haven't moved. It probably doesn't help it's nothing but 50% one kind of Iron Man and the other 50% is split into other Iron Men. And maybe one War Machine if you're lucky.

Is there any reason they even make other figures so rare? It's not like the company themselves are going to make a profit when scalpers hoard them.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Why did they stop making Mighty Muggs anyways? Did they explode then immediately crash? I was kind of bummed, I actually rather dug the line. I have my Vision, Wolverine, and Doc Oct though so it's ok. :3:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
So I just got into collecting Marvel Universe thanks to my seasonal toy job. I'm picking up pretty much anything I can find because my city's not big on toys so thankfully there's plenty of places that'll have some kind of old stuff. I was wondering what guys to specifically avoid, if there are any.

Right now I think the only one I feel unhappy with is Dr. Doom, and he's Dr. Doom so I don't really much care that his cape is a little heavy.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Try to avoid anything that uses this as a base sculpt. Other than that I've more or less loved everything from this line. The quality of articulation and sculpting has been steadily improving and old lovely figures like that Daredevil are getting redos. Even if you dislike something there's a fair chance that they may remake it at a later time, especially if it's a popular character.

From the looks of it though, is that all just the first wave? I was wondering because I was about to pick up the Spider-man/Sentry pack. And hope I could find a Sentry that doesn't have ridiculous lips.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Vaerai Archon posted:

Allthough I still need 3 of the TRU vs packs, the He-Man vs Superman, She-Ra vs Supergirl, and Zodac vs Green Lantern but all I see is Skeletor and Wave 2 everywhere. But Matty doesn't even sell those, I was fortunate enough to find a Faker vs Bizarro pack for the original cost.

Mine has the She-Ra pack, and maybe GL, if you get desperate.

No one buys those around here and we have like, 3 of everything we have.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

On that note, I haven't even seen the first wave of the Marvel Universe 2012 line yet. I'm not sure if my area just sucks for toy collecting or if there's some sort of distribution issue.

It looks like it's not supposed to be out until March. Which for me means it'll be closer to late April, since they just put out the Winter line around here.

On the up side I have Patriot, Storm, and Psylocke now.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Rustie posted:

Also, anyone else picking up these Marvel Grab-Zags? They're mystery bagged prizes, but it's pretty easy to at least feel out which ones are figures. The figures are pretty cool, like something usually sold in Japanese vending machines. If anyone else is picking these up I'm up for trading. They have a general Marvel version out now and Avengers hitting the shelves.

That is adorable, where do you find them?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Rustie posted:

Toys R Us is the only place I've found them so far. Their website isn't even built yet, but you can check out all the different figures that will be out in the photos on their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/GrabZags

Bummer, the nearest TRU is 2 hours away. Though I'm heading by it in like a month.

And that Storm is so cute. :3:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Hey sweet, Marvel Universe is finally getting a Rogue and it's about-

:downs:

Man, beside the fact she looks like she has poo brain she looks pretty good.

Marvel revealed what the new figure is for subscribing to their digital archives today.

Infinity Gauntlet Doom!

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
I don't know if it's everywhere, but Walmart has a big 8-pack of Marvel Movie figures that they put out Black Friday. It's Thor-Cap-Iron man 3 and while normally that's nothing, they're packed with the hard-to-find stuff (at least, hard for me to find). I saw both styles of Red Skull, Crossbones, Hulkbuster (seriously, every other pack had a Hulkbuster), Destroyer, Mandarin, and Whiplash. It's a pretty great deal for $25, though you'll have to not mind getting 2 or 3 Caps and Thors.

They also had Star Wars, if you're into that.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

Also I'm really, really disappointed with the new Iron Man 3 toys. No elbow or knee articulation, really? They look like Happy Meal toys, and they're like $10 a pop. I really wanted to get the new Iron Man 3 armor(s) to go with my Iron Man 2 3.75"-scale "hall of armor" I've got going on, too, but the Iron Man 3 toys just look so lovely. Maybe when they inevitably go on clearance or something, I dunno.

I've seen dollar store bootlegs with the same quality, and they're only $5. I really want to know what happened because honestly, every movie line before this actually wasn't half bad.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Have they announced if they're doing more Nintendo figma? I can't find anything, which would be kind of a bummer.

Speaking of bummers, I just learned they're rebooting Marvel Universe, as Avengers Infinity. The first wave is Cap, Iron Man, Hulk with the Banner armor, Hyperion, Wasp, and Grim Reaper. At first I just heard Marvel Universe was ending, but the new stuff looks pretty nice. At the very least I want the Hyperion and Wasp.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008
Ha ha ha, my store JUST got the first wave. I live in what's essentially a no-toy zone.

They are quite good looking figures though.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Hopefully everyone who wants one can get one before Anthony Mackie buys them all.

That looks super awesome though, I wish I collected them. They're always so nice to look at.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

He does strike me as the kind of person who just would realize he had a kick rear end toy made of him, and would just buy a shitton of em to hand out to people and go "THAT'S ME!"

and there is nothing in the world wrong with that at all.

I was watching an interview he did where he was talking about signing some Falcon posters at michaels. Dude loves the fact he's playing a superhero, and he's having a blast with it while he can.

I figure that's what he'll give to all those kids dressed as Falcon for Halloween. "Here's a $200 action figure!"

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Rage posted:

If anybody ends up with a spare Widow I still need one too. Don't need the Mandroid part, just need the Widow and her parts.

We literally got the new wave case in at my work last weekend. I'll check tomorrow if we still have it and snatch it up if she is.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

I don't know how price matching works but would Walmart give it to me at this price?

If you have a physical ad of the price with you, it's super easy and they'll just do it. I checked Target.com and I'm not seeing it in their weekly flier for my area, but yours might be different.

Otherwise, you'll want to verify that your local Target is offering it at that price, and it'll take more time, but they should be able to call that store. If you don't have a Target nearby and you don't have a copy of the ad, you'll probably be poo poo out of luck. You'll also probably have to wait for a supervisor to approve the price match because it's over 50%.

They might also just give it to you without any of the hassle but I guess that depends on your store.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

therealjon_ posted:

I'd avoid their 6" Legacy lines, currently Game of Thrones and Magic the Gathering. They are made with very poor plastic that breaks easily.

Oh... :(

MooselanderII posted:

The Legacy lines aren't as bad as you think. The first shipments of the GOT stuff was inexcusable garbage that literally broke on removing the toys from the packaging. However they seem to have fixed the problem, if the Walgreen's Tyrion is anything to go by.

Oh? Any way to tell if something's from the first shipment? I saw a Daenerys I was thinking of picking up.

Also even though I seem to be the only person who really digs the 3.75 Marvel line, my Target finally got the new Marvel Infinity! Snapped up Wasp, and despite the fact she's tiny/thin, she feels really solid. Hoping to snatch up Hyperion and Grim Reaper after my next paycheck.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Can you share a pic? I'd like to know what it is I am looking for.

Not my pic but here. The speaker can play pretty good, you just gotta make sure you check. Thankfully there really isn't any packaging and you can just flip it from demo to play at the store.

I work in the floral craft department, the section of the store with fake flowers, and people keep setting him over there. I usually turn it on and hit play, makes me smile. :3:

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Rhyno posted:

The action figure aisles at my local Targets and Wal-marts are pretty barren. Target condensed a lot to make it look better but the WMs are just empty pegs everywhere.

I think there's a reset of shelves going out soon, at least in my Midwestern region.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

RevKrule posted:

Hot Toy's Thanos is up for pre-order. It's....not cheap.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...aign=012915news

I was plotting some way to get my hands on this, but then I realized there's no gauntlet hand. I'll wait for the (hopefully) inevitable gauntlet-wielding Thanos. Hopefully he'll come with a delightfully evil grinning face as well.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

A Tin Of Beans posted:

Pictures of the upcoming Misty Knight and White Tiger figures. I haven't bothered looking for pictures of the rest of the line (got linked to these two earlier) but these look pretty solid, as per. I'm loving Misty's hair.

You're killing me, this is killing me. The Hulkbuster and these might finally make me get into Legends.

That and they're finally stocking them at work for like, $11? Everywhere else it's 13 and up.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

I’ve had my eyes on Archangel and Magik. I already have Nightcrawler and HoX Cyclops, with HoX Wolverine on the way. If they come out with a modern Storm and Captain Kate, I might try and fill out my dream team.

I know this is a way late reply but with the Pirate Deadpool they did they have the coat for Captain Kate! I also need a Captain Britain Betsy. How are the HoX figures?

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Open Marriage Night posted:

poo poo. The recent Sinister and Nightcrawler were both really good.

I skipped the deluxe Apocalypse so far because I really hope we get a new one with pretty gold details.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Last Call posted:

They tend to be run back to back now yes.

Did they really do three at the same time? Seems excessive. Is this on some haslabs that failed? They appear to have changed things up since that point.

The Skystriker, Proton Pack, and failed Rancor came out at the same time. Rancor and Skystriker were like a day apart from each other.

The Skystriker made the Rancor look like hot garbage, if I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Those were the first days of the Haslab wasn't it, so it was a bit messy. They appear to try and give each, it's own time to shine now.

The Skystriker did struggle as we did have skystrikers in years not long past, and only two months ago the team admitted its houldn't have been an Haslab. Lessons learned and all that.

The Rancor failed due to people not getting the extras they wanted and that team actually seemingly somewhat combative with what the backers wanted. The whole Oola thing was a real cluster gently caress and angered backers into quitting. Some went and backed the Skystriker instead as it did appear they were trying to give fans they wanted. Like bonus Cobra Commander and troop figures etc.

It was the first time they expanded beyond Tranformers, Star Wars, & Marvel and out of the first 6 Haslabs I think at least 5 of them had double the minimum backers.

I don't collect GI Joe and even I considered backing it honestly, but you will get me 99% by including a bunch of little bullshit and that thing had bits and bobs out the rear end.

I do collect Black Series Star Wars and was jazzed it was for the Black Series until I saw it was literally *just* a Rancor. I want to say they had also just announced/released a Gamorrean Guard too. Oola wasn't going to sell me, that Rancor just did not match the price to me.

Skystriker was $230, Rancor was $350.

Fishylungs fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 1, 2024