Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

They're making a new Epic Duels board game? That's great, the first one was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, that looks incredible. I was thinking of getting the Bank Robber version, but now I'll definitely wait for this new one.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Man, that exclusive Metal Sonic looks so weird. All the recent Sonic toys that Toys R Us have had were really good. Instead of taking the same basic mold and making it look like Metal Sonic, they decided to make him look really different:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3579167

I don't know if anyone else here collects these Sonic figures so maybe I'm the only one who cares, but it just seems odd that instead of making a nice looking Metal Sonic that matches all the others they went with something like that. I'm probably still going to get it, though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I somehow have 26 Mighty Muggs. I... don't know what to say, other than Might Mugg Galactus is awesome.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I haven't seen any of Square's Play Arts figures discussed here, but I saw today that Toys R Us has started to carry them. I bought Kingdom Hearts Cloud, who is a very nice looking figure. Much better than the Advent Children version I got some time ago.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can't believe how lucky I got. I was walking around a Wal-Mart which has never carried DCUC figures before, and I happen to find the entire Wave 11 set there! I can't believe a store that never has DCUC had all the new figures while every store that usually does carry them only has Cyborgs and Wonder Women.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I bought a couple of the Iron Man 2 figures since they were on sale ant Toys R Us. You guys were right, they are really good looking in person. I never bought any figure from Marvel's 4 inch line, but at the lest these Iron Man 2 figures are nice.

When I was at TRU, I saw some Ratchet and Clank figures. Does anyone have them? How are they?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I just had a hell of a time dusting off my collection, that must be a nightmare to do!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

RevKrule posted:

I found the Marvel Universe Guardians of the Galaxy set today. Now I own my own Rocket Raccoon and Groot figures. I will die happy.

That reminds, why are there no proper Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 figures? I know there's mini-mates, but there were full figures for MvC 2. I wish they made them for this game too.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Spider-Woman arrived today from Amazon, I think the figure looks really good.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah, new Figuarts are around 40 dollars.

You can get Master Asia for 32 bucks!

[url][/url]

Wow, it actually came out? I remember seeing the prototype image from some trade show for YEARS after Domon was released. I never kept up with the news I guess.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone have the SH Figuarts Broly? How cool is it?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've seen pictures of it and it looks big and great. But it's so expensive these days. :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Anyone have experience with the Medicos Jojo figures? I'm really impressed with the DIO one I bought.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm here for the Smiling Darth Maul

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

If we can very briefly talk about toys, and not Travis343's lust for 16 year old girls, this looks weird

Am I crazy or did NECA do a line of Castlevania toys some years back, including a Simon that looked like a normal person?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Louisgod posted:

HUGE THANKS to Blackchamber for sending me Falco and Link, my video game shelf not at all put together by a huge child is coming along nicely

I wish I has gotten that Dracula when it first came out. Seems like all of those neca Castlavania figures go for a bit of money nowadays.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I somehow have two play arts Clouds and two play arts Sephiroths despite not liking those characters THAT much

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

F.A.N.G rules though

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a preferred place to preorder figmas if you live in the US?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I preordered a GOODSMILE before seeing all these pro-amiami posts. I guess I could cancel, but as long as GOODSMILE isn't like, demonstrably worse I think I'll be fine.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How is the Figuarts Chun Li figure in-person?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo7-QoQwIQM

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Figma Tracer came in yesterday, I really like it! It's the first figure I've ever preordered, it was a pretty long wait but it worked out well.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

That Palpatine looks great. That could be the first Hot Toys figure I buy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Does anyone have experience with these Bandai dragonball figure models? How do they look compared to figuarts?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They're pretty good for its price and for models you buy yourself they do have a surprising amount of articulation. They don't scale properly with Figuarts though.

This is the model version (left) of Broly compared to the Figuarts one (right)

Broly was specifically the model I was thinking about, since the Figuarts is really expensive. In that image the model looks pretty good actually.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I went to my local TRU over the weekend. It was PACKED, but surprisingly there was still a good amount of stuff there. I wound up getting a NECA Godzilla and a couple other small things.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

By any chance does anyone have experience with this Metal Gear REX figure?

https://www.amazon.com/Megahouse-Variable-Action-D-Spec-Solid/dp/B01M5KHW4Q

I've been a little interested in getting a REX figure off and on, but any one that I've seen before was going a ton of money.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Figma Bloodborne Hunter came in today!! He's awesome and the messenger is very cute.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

My Apocalypse wave came in the other day. This was my first time buying a whole wave at once, it was a little weird to be just done with a wave like this and not have to like, hunt for everyone. But I really like Apocalypse so this was a good wave to do it on.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don't have any Hot Toys, and Palpatine IS my favorite Star Wars character. It's awfully tempting..

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How rare is Black Series Darth Revan? Would it be uncommon to see him in stores?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah I saw some of them at a Best Buy which what made me question if they were common or not.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Has anyone had luck finding neca turtles figures at GameStop? Anyone I’ve gone to has only had enough for preorders.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got all 4 ordered! That was easy, hopefully nothing screwy happens and everyone's orders get fulfilled.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

PUBG Man feels very out of date, maybe they couldn’t get the fortnite license. A bunch of those look really cool though! I’m glad best P5 character akechi is getting his due.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I got my turtles today.

They are, as everyone has said, amazing. The quality and likenesses are pretty astonishing.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://twitter.com/Hasbro/status/1096904677826985985

No dumb gimmick chip, no sale imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Not sure if anybody wants these but you can buy the NECA TMNT 89 movie knock offs from AliExpress for really cheap:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/SET...1a-24524ddedd6c

No clue about the quality, paint or whatever else but hey, if you want the base bodies for customs or something similar, there you go.

I've seen Aliexpress come up in other places as a good store to buy knock offs from. I'm guessing it's safe to buy from them? I mean as far as giving information to them.