Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Why would anyone ever buy those? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
My local comic shop got some of those Mattel Halo figs in recently and I honestly thought they were cheap chinese knock-offs until I saw the Mattel logo. They almost look like there's no paint app at all, just molded colors. It's bad, real bad.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I would kill for a decent Alec Guinness Obi-Wan. Hopefully my local comic shop will get a few of those and not charge an insane amount of money. They're usually pretty reasonable with the SDCC stuff they bring back.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I like the table. I'm gonna put all my Obi-Wans around it, musing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The Diddler posted:

Ordered from Amiami, thanks!

How much is US shipping from Amiami, usually?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Can someone tell me why Anderson comes with a brown hair toupee?

So you can reuse the face for Karl Urban

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Four questions;

1) Does anyone have the Figma Robocop, and if so would you recommend it?
2) Same question for the Figma Captain America
3) Does anyone make a decent Jackie Chan figure that isn't related to the cartoon?
4) How's SH Figuarts quality? I really like that Ant-Man figure coming out

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 9, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Thanks for the info, guys. I'm ok with scale, I don't actually own any other 6" figures other than a handful of Black Series and Figma Indiana Jones and Bruce Lee.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Jesus.

Lencho posted:

The sculpt and accesories are good but the face is awful. Neca is better for the price.

Both S.H. Figuarts Caps are waaaaaay better. They are on the small side compared to Marvel Legends, but they scale great with other japanese figures.

(Left is S.H.Figuarts, right is Figma)

You also should get the S.H. Figuarts Bruce Lee. The likeness is uncanny and it's a really fun figure to just pose around.

I like it, but it's real similar to the Figma Bruce Lee. The Figma is more stylized and the face isn't quite there, but I only paid $25 for mine so I can't complain.

I think I'll go with Figuarts for Cap. Might just go whole hog and get an Iron Man while I'm at it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Jesus, that Catwoman. How do people buy that poo poo and not feel embarrassed? Do they just hide it when people visit?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
So I'm ready to pull the trigger on the Figuarts Mk. 3 Iron Man and the Figuarts Ant-Man, but is Ami Ami the best shop for that order?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I'd love to have that Superman with normal hands and a normal expression. That fig looks great.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I've never had a Vader figure, even as a kid, so I bought the Mafex version yesterday. Everyone online said the Figuarts was way too small and doesn't scale well with Black Series. I want to get a Kylo but I want him to scale well with the Vader. Do I get the Figuarts version, or is the Black Series adequate? The BS is everywhere and I can get him for less than $20. Figuarts is $50.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I know some of you have the original Ghostbusters 6" figs, but does anyone have the ones from the new movie? I was walking around Walmart after seeing it, sorely tempted to buy Egon and Holtzmann.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
jesus christ

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
How are there so many xenomorph variants? Is it a comics thing? TBF, I've only ever seen Alien and Aliens.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'd love to read a breakdown of that picture.

Same, I know next to nothing about the old Kenner stuff.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Hell yes, I've been waiting for Lando since day one. It's not his General uniform, but I'll take it. Very glad Jaina Solo won the fan's choice poll. The leaders earlier this week were the stupid T&A Sith from Legacy/Rhyno's avatar and Starkiller, the utterly forgettable protag from Force Unleashed. Shame Mara Jade and Captain Rex weren't picked as well.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

ShimSham posted:

The 3PO Model kit is really good too. Here's a picture from my shelf of him (slightly elevated) standing next to Black Series figures. Note: that's BS R2D2.

As I said before though, he's probably the most difficult of the bunch to put together, based on my own experience and from what I've read from others who have done more of them. It's not bad but it required some patience and a little finagling with my sausage fingers to get it all right. But I'm next to positive the black series offering of 3PO won't have the shiny plastic that the model kit does.

Is Obi-Wan's robe custom or from another figure?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I can't find any decent pics, but apparently Mezco had an SDCC exclusive "Mirror, Mirror" version of their already excellent One:12 Spock. I've never been so tempted to pay the eBay premium for a con exclusive.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Hastings was a cool store. Don't have one near me, but I bought a bunch of the Toynami Futurama figures for next to nothing on a vacation years ago.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I read Spider-Gwen's first trade and now I need that ML Spider-Gwen.

Also

I have to stop surfing Amazon at 3am. What the gently caress am I going to do with this :suicide:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

Hang it from the ceiling, then buy an X-Wing.

I'd need industrial anchors to support the weight. I can't even box it back up, the wings have some kind of semi-permanent click tabs. I spent an hour disassembling what I could around them before giving up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Most comic shops usually have a couple on display.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I've searched two Targets and three Walgreens, and not a single Spider-Gwen, Pizza Spidey, or Miles Morales. More Namors and yellow-suit Daredevils than you can shake a stick at though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
FYI, Target has Black Series figs on clearance for $14 each. That includes newer stuff like Ahsoka, Kanan, and ANH Luke, too.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Got my ML Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and Ultimate Spidey in the mail yesterday. I'm usually pretty bad at posing figs, but the range of motion these things have is pretty impressive for $20 toys. I think these are the first Marvel figs I've owned since getting the original ML Hulk, Thing, Gambit, and Daredevil as a kid.

I don't think I'll put too much effort into chasing BAF parts outside of maybe Civil War Giant-Man or Juggernaut, so I've got the L + R Venom arms and Absorbing Man's wrecking ball thing for trade.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rhyno posted:

There's probably 10,000 of these out there in assorted trade threads. Nobody really cared about that BAF.

Just putting it out there :shrug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I have a ton of Namors near me if someone still needs one.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rirse posted:

Hasbro really did make a mistake in the Black Wave re-releasing characters like her and Kylo after their initial wave. They went from super rare and in demand to peg warmers that join Zuvo and Finn.

Man, I felt so bad seeing all those Finns clogging up the pegs that I bought one just because. He's the best new character, people!

Anyone still have Punishers available? Can't find him anywhere. Can't find any of the X-Men wave (other than Iceman) either.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rirse posted:

Didn't pick him up yet, but the Walgreen near my house has about ten Punishers in. Also I picked up a extra Black Panther while I was at Krogers today. Hoping to trade him for Silk. Also they had like three Spider-Gwens there.

I'll take one of those Punishers if you don't mind. I can paypal you today.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I keep debating a case since I want Deadpool, Wolverine, and the Juggernaut BAF. But then I'd have 6 other figs I'll have to eBay and the others aren't exactly flying off the shelves. I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of junk.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

I have seen every ML you guys have been looking for in the wild except for my boy.

Found 3 punishers at a Wal-Greens by my old place. Although, no Cyclops.

Have you seen Wolverine near you? I'll pay you real live PayPal e-bucks for it, friend.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
So I caved and bought what I was missing from the Civil War wave so that I could complete Giant Man. Is there a place online where I can buy the unmasked Cap and Tony heads from previous waves? eBay didn't turn up anything.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vegastar posted:

I believe the word is the next Legends wave has Shocker and Green Goblin in it, along with symbiote spidey, spidey UK, and a couple others I don't remember off the top of my head.

Edit: right. Ms Marvel, a different spidey 2099 figure, jackal and "all new Spider-Man" which I don't think I'm familiar with.

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=94778

Man, that Ms Marvel is gonna be impossible to find in the wild.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Do we know what the BAF for that wave is?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
There's also these three:

Doctor Strange (Movie)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BY1JKBI/ref=sxts1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472759640&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

Doctor Strange (Movie - Astral Form)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01B...legends+strange

Mordo (Movie)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BY1JK8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472759776&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=marvel+legends+mordo

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Yeah, I'd love a decent ML of his classic blue/red outfit. This new comic one looks like they took the old one from a few waves ago and gave him a cape.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Note: if this news makes anyone ITT feel anything other than happy you need to seriously check yourself.

Edit: regarding Deadpool cases

I've actually been searching for that Deadpool figure for my dad. He's obsessed with the movie, so this is excellent news. Now they just need to start shipping cases of Wolverine so I can stop checking Walgreens and Target on every lunch break :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Speaking of, my Punisher and Black Panther arrived today from Rirse. Thanks again, dude.