Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

I don’t have the talent, can someone ‘shop that simpsons screenshot to say “old man yells at Hasbro”

Am I not supposed to complain about sculpts I don’t like or prices that are frankly insane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

DisposableHero posted:

Thanks. I'll give this a go.

It definitely works, but depending on the smell it can take a while. I found a bizarre Jimmy Carter wind-up peanut man at a thrift store last year that absolutely reeked of 1976 cigarette smoke. Shoved it in a ziploc with three dryer sheets and completely forgot about it until about a month ago and it smells completely fine now.

I did the same thing with some vintage Star Wars figures back in August and they still need some time in the bag.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That rules! Controversial opinion, but I love grumpy old Luke and I thought Mark Hamill did a career best performance in that movie.

CelticPredator posted:

Same. It’s my third favorite star war

:agreed:

It pisses me off that that’s a controversial opinion at all. The movie rules.

Also Crait Luke is the definitive older Luke look for me. I just love the cut of his tunic, the brown boots, the textured cloak, etc.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
My Ultimates Destroyah and 1200° C Godzilla arrived today. Haven’t opened them up yet, but they look amazing, way better than the Biollante wave.

Destroyah is so loving huge though, I was not thinking about space when I bought these :negative:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Red/white/blue Samus is Best Samus, just like blue tunic Link is Best Link.

Anyone who disagrees should probably see an optometrist.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

I suspect they’ll never release the Star Trek TNG figures. We’ve still yet to see any actual photos of the figures.

My Data and Riker arrived last month, I just haven’t had the time to take pics.

Tl;dr: they look decent, the faces are nice, but they feel cheap and both had paint issues on the body. Not worth $55 at all. They feel like articulated upscaled versions of their ReAction equivalents.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Louisgod posted:

That's the big reason I've held off on most Super7 figures. They're fine but definitely not $55 fine and are a bit too basic for what seems like a premium figure.

I’m really happy with Stitch, 1200C° Godzilla, and Destoroyah, but yeah every other Super7 Ultimates I’ve bought has either had major issues (2001) or just doesn’t feel worth the price tag (Godzilla wave 1, TNG so far).

I’ve bought the Godzillas because a) NECA no longer has the license and never did G’s enemies and b) MonsterArts is usually 2-3x the price, but having only 2 out the 4 $85+ figures I’ve gotten feel like they justify the price tag is loving insane. And if Figma or Figuarts or any other premium figure company had the Trek license and was actually putting them out, I wouldn’t have even considered spending money on the Super7 equivalents.

The quality of the finished products isn’t on the same level of the price tag and the sculpts are rarely ever more than 7in versions of their ReAction stuff. Get better sculptors and painters for Ultimates, and maybe don’t skimp on bizarre poo poo like making the TNG torsos hollow and weightless to save 50¢ on plastic and then maybe they’ll be worth the money.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’m sure they’re well made figures and I know there’s a plethora of super deep lore for folks to enjoy, but every single space marine I’ve ever seen looks like some kind of hosed up catholic space nazi that I just want no part of on my shelf.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

So do stormtroopers but they also own

Stormtroopers don’t have iron crosses plastered over every single inch of their dumb armor

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Why does the torture robot have wood paneling though

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I’d kill to own any version of the Crait Leia gown look. I even thought about commissioning one from a guy who’s done them before but it was way outside my budget.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Xenomrph posted:

Star Wars vintage collection E-wing is up on Pulse go go go go

I have no interest in the vehicle but I want that astromech so bad

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
10 years ago I’d have probably bought that set in a heartbeat but with that price and my interest in DC at an all-time low, there’s just no way.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I think I’ve asked before, but is there currently a good Superman in the style of Frank Quitely or anyone else who draws him in more of a barrel-chested golden age kind of way? Not really interested in the super ripped rage-face Jim Lee kind of figures Supes usually gets.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Baylan looks so good and I’m tempted, but I think I’ll just wait for a Mafex or SHF

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

More old men?

https://twitter.com/veebstoys/status/1768689316023124152?s=46

Young when the song came out, old now. Characters are old?

Well one of them’s not old anymore

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
This is only going to appeal to like three people here, but Hasbro is finally bringing back 3.75” multipacks of Rebel pilots

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1770473280169807970?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

They also announced a bunch of Black Series stuff for The Acolyte, but I think I’m done with that line. Just takes up too much space and they never bother improving basic things about them. All the Jedi revealed still have lovely articulation. Shame too, I’d have probably bought Jedi Masters Carrie Anne Moss and Lee Jung-jae if I was still in on the line.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

I know there isn’t a lot of variety in Jedi design, but the Acolyte figs are basically the same guy with a different head. Boring. Even if the shows great, boring.

It’s a real bummer that’s also a problem with the show’s costuming. All the other High Republic stuff has the Jedi in these very ornate and formal gold-trimmed robes and tabards with weird lightsaber holsters, leather gauntlets, capes that aren’t just the standard brown hooded robe, and intricate lightsaber hilts and the show seems to be doing none of that. Aside from the occasional yellow saber blade, some gloves, and a little bit of yellow-gold in the robes, these designs are basically indistinguishable from prequel Jedi.

Kingtheninja posted:

Thanks for posting this, I'm for sure picking up a pilot pack when they go up.

I’m hoping the pack comes with more than 4 helmet designs, I’d love a reason to pick up multiple packs.

I just spent a very stupid amount of money grabbing some of the old late 00s comic pack pilots earlier this week.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

The Last Call posted:

The SELFIE listings for the Cobra Officer and Storm Shadow, people have determined were originally listed a year ago and were part of the cancelled stuff. Someone must have come across them lately and didn't know, belieiving them to be new. Again, they are part of the cancelled line and not coming.

Meanwhile some of the first waves for 2025 have been determined:

For those who want the Cobra Ferret, the ATV vehicle be aware it appears to be another Pulse exclusive at some point this year. Seen a lot of people upset they didn't order the Vamp and can't get it. Might want to keep that thought in mind as the vehicles appears to be quite the sellers and not easily got once gone.

The next Joe HASLAB is expected late June once the next Star Wars Haslab finishes. That should pop around May 4th.

In another matter we still got no news on a hooded Cobra Commander, he has however started showing up in the ARAH comic wearing a blue balaclava with a cobra symbol. I expect we'll see this show up eventually, why do I say this? Because the same time this started we saw the Ferret show up in an issue, only it was the Classified version, not the OG version with the cannon connecting to the front and back as it use to be. The classified version in the comic was shown before the official Classified version render.

I got excited for a second thinking these were some new Simpsons line instead of just another GI Joe thing

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
It’s weird, I don’t like Anguirus at all and I think he’s lame but Baragon is cool and good somehow even though they aren’t that different.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Joe Fisto posted:

I’d like Kang and Kodos, but not at 75 smackaroos apiece.

I thought the same thing initially, but a friend got his this week and they are absolutely loving massive in-person. I’m genuinely thinking of buying Kang now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Goddamn

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1782305259420832189?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
And here’s 000

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1782623966240067941?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q