Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

Starship Troopers is way more popular in Japan. There was even an anime

Yeah, the creator of Macross has stated it was a direct inspiration for the show’s mecha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Some Marvel Legends stuff out of Toyfair

https://exclucollective.com/2019/02/15/marvel-legends-at-toy-fair/

Basically some 80th anniversary two packs
A Hulk 181 pack for Hulk and Wolverine
An Alex Ross pack for Iron Man and Thor
And a Cap and Peggy two pack.

Edit: NVM, didn’t realize it literally just launched.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 15, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Looking forward to that updated Beta Ray Bill.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They do both, but it depends on the item. They sometimes lost stuff as in stock but only purchasable in store or store pickup only.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
With all the Netflix cancellations is the SDCC Iron Fist likely the only way to get the Netflix version? I wasn’t a big fan of the show but I like that look for Iron Fist.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It was a recent slow and steady slide for me, I watched a few of Toy Galaxy’s ‘History of “Cartoon” ‘ videos which led to some of their review videos talking about how great the Sauron BAF is. Then, wouldn’t you know, I found the entire wave on 50% clearance at my local Target. Now I’m figuring I may as well just work on an X-men animated collection.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If anyone has been watching for it, it looks like the Captain Marvel Target exclusive is officially showing up in stores and shippable now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Figures I would find a Mystique in the wild after paying the S&H on their website. Though it looks like the $13.99 price point is a March long sale.

Though it makes me wish I picked up the Mysterio the other day when I saw it, seems like it’s the only figure from that wave that’s hard to find around here and while I don’t really care about the character the Lizardman BAF looks really good.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 4, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Hey, I asked this in the Transformers thread and it was ignored. My question is this; I dug out my old G1 TF Jetfire and want to find the snap-on armor bits and blaster. Parts are of course available piecemeal on eBay but are stupid expensive to buy that way. I was wondering if there’s a go-to 3-D printed source y’all would recommend, I just want it all in one swoop. Not interested in it being a TF, I love this toy for nostalgic Robotech reasons. If this runs afoul of some SA rule let me know but I remember quite a while ago people in this thread discussing aftermarket steel Wolverine claws, so just asking innocently.

Try Shapeways, it’s kind of an Etsy for 3D printer projects. I’ve only ever used it for Warhammer stuff but a guy on the Marvel Legends discord got a Into the Spiderverse Peter Parker heads from there.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 6, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They need to release a Mothra with the fur on his head tonsured.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve been to a few Walmarts and Targets now and I still haven’t seen any of the Black Panther wave 2. There’s loads of older waves hanging around, and the Captain Marvel wave too, but none of what I want. :(

Have you checked Barnes and Noble? The one near me gets a weird assortment, was able to find a Spider-Punk there the other night.

RevKrule posted:

I'm paring down my collection and want to get rid of a bunch of marvel legends (among other things).

Before I send it to the throws of ebay, I wanted to check if any goons out there want any of these. $20/fig but negotiable (don't want to split any BAFs tho). PMs are open. If people are nice, I'll probably throw in other stuff I'm getting rid of for free (mostly a mighty mugg or two).

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in this thread before but mods if this isn't kosher, let me know and I'll take it down/move it.

If they’re still available I’ll take the Rogue, Phoenix and Spider-Gwen.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

RevKrule posted:

Rogue got dib'd but Phoenix and Spider-Gwen are available.

40 for the pair? Paypal is username @ hotmail (also feel free to use it to email me questions and poo poo).

Sure, I’ll send the money when I have a moment

Edit: Sent

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 16, 2019

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
How about close to retail? GameStop has them online for $45.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Didn’t know they were out already, I’ll have to swing by my target after work since I also heard rumor that they’re starting to put the Hulkbuster/Hulk two pack on clearance.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I like to think he just sits there practicing dramatic chair turns as the Royal Guards watch

He also sometimes has them film a .gif so he can post to social media and tag the 40k Emperor to be a dick.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So my first repack return in the wild. Black Series Finn packed in a Kree Sentry wave Nick Fury box.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Now that Endgame is out, about when would we see news about the phase 3 collectors edition boxset? I have the first two and don’t want to miss out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The_Doctor posted:

Plus Phase 3 ends with Spider-Man: Far From Home, not Endgame.

Yeah, movie phase 3 but the Spider-Man movies are Sony so they might not be included in a Disney released box set.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does Bandai do BAFs? Will we get to build a 1/12 scale terminator?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It was $60 on Amazon for Endgame’s release and $50 for Black Friday.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Legends-Infinity-Gauntlet-Articulated-Electronic/product/B071WT4KLM?context=search

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is that Cosmic Ghost Rider’s bike?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Yeah, the comic store I went to in college around that time always had a ton of them on the wall.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
My local target got a big restock of the Homecoming Spider-Man/MJ two pack so might be worth a check with yours if you’re looking.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

sigher posted:

Is there anyway to rig the gloves up to always be on and plugged into the wall with some electrical work?

I wouldn’t suggest it, you’d probably have to completely rewire it with tech that could survive the continual flow and the plastic probably couldn’t survive the steady heat it would generate without warping.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cocks Cable posted:

He's got a backpack! Hope all the Joe's come with their crazy dumb gear.

Which version Snakeyes is this? Do we know if the line is going to be focused on the Sunbow cartoon, Marvel comic, original toy line, or other reboot?

The backpack definitely makes me think original toy line. Iirc the first Snake Eyes release didn't have his wolf, right?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I like that they'll be selling unpainted versions so people can paint it up themselves.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Some writers have been able to redeem the character a bit. Particularly Al Ewing who gave him a mustache and flag boxers.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I checked it out, apparently prepaying for everything at once, including individual shipping also gets you the 30th anniversary crate https://www.lootcrate.com/crates/neca-tmnt. It's $250, all up front, but might be worth it if you're going to get them all anyway and missed out on the anniversary.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

drrockso20 posted:

If he wants Spawn to make a comeback he should really try to get him another cartoon or maybe an actually good video game for the character

He was self financing a movie reboot, but he recently started claiming that Joker's success made Hollywoo interested again so he's shopping it around.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I remember finding some of the older Play Arts at Toys R Us. Kingdom Hearts Cloud and Sephiroth. I also have Tidus, I think he came from TRU too? I remember getting AC Cloud + Bike for like, $70 I wanna say at a comic book store? Yeah they're prices have definitely gone up, but it looks like Amiami gives a decent discount for preordering them. Might just preorder Tifa and see how I feel about it in a couple months..

Until this post I had completely forgotten I have Odin and Diablo from that old FF8 line somewhere at my parents house. I should try and dig those out when I can actually visit them again.

davebo posted:

I knew I had that album.

It always sucks when it's Matt's day to restock returns.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

I don't care about Spawn, they announced Warhammer figures a year ago and there's been no news since

The one announced last year was a limited run Bandai/GW coop thing. They only made 9,000 and the preorder was held in the middle of last October, Bandai made a limited stock to sell at specialty stores but I don't imagine they'll be seen outside Japan. They were planned to arrive in the next month or two but that got all cocked up.

At Toy Fair two months ago they announced a full line done by McFarlane that would cover more than space marines and would have versions with and without paint apps so people can do their own.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 16, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Any model makers in here? I’ve been gifted a bunch of the Bandai Star Wars 1/144 kits over the years but I’ve never built them. I figure now is as good a time as any to actually do them, but I haven’t built an actual model since I was a teenager. I have been painting some minis for a D&D campaign recently, but they’re already assembled and obviously much less detailed. Is it better to paint everything first and then assemble, complete subassemblies and then paint, or just paint the whole thing after assembly? And do you use regular model glue or superglue? A bunch of modeler forums seem to prefer superglue for delicate models.

I prefer to look over the pieces and do a dry run in my head, trying to balance difficulty in painting post assembly/whether anyone can actually see the area after assembly/chance to screw tone matching up if I paint adjoining areas at different times.

The glue will depend on what you're building. Model glue works by melting the plastic to create a fused joint. It's very strong but needs clean plastic to plastic contact to join so it won't work very well on painted areas. Super glue is good for painted contact areas of thin join sections but will dig up clear plastic so you don't want to use it for canopies.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 23, 2020

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gann Jerrod posted:

Props to Lanard for convincing Walmart into stocking dollar store GI Joes in slightly different packaging for about the tenth time.

I'm pretty sure they bought the molds for the 90s Jurassic Park dinos and are doing selling them at Walmart too.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh, so you're Waiting for Sugarman.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gripweed posted:

I'd really like to know the backstory of that figure. What's the point of it when it's such a limited release and the McFarlane figures were announced shortly afterward? It sort of feels like someone at Bandai just really wanted to do a Space Marine figure, but if it was a passion project you'd think they would've bothered to make it Codex compliant.

Bandai making it skirts import tariffs and GW has been trying lots of different ways to regrow their Japanese market.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Looking forward to Skeletors new army of glow in the dark skeletons.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Aphrodite posted:

Typhoid Mary corset, whatever bottoms for Emma. Suits for the guys.

His name is Scott.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Open Marriage Night posted:

They’ll probably at least do Rasputin. Maybe white Magneto if they haven’t made one yet. Betsy as Captain Britain would be pretty great.

I hope at least Monet could get a figure with accessories to switch to her war form. I think def Rasputin with an alternate head to switch the recent Nightcrawler over to Cardinal. Wouldnt mind a four horseman Xorn either.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Open Marriage Night posted:

The Pulse site shows the only few pages that they’re in HoX/PoX.

I’m not sure what else they can add besides weapon effects, or extra figures, but now I’m hoping for a Nimrod the Lesser BAF for the HoX/PoX line.

An Omega Sentinel figure or some Wild Sentinels might be cool to have with this.

Wild sentinel tri head and bat wings. The following stretch goal is a box full of nano sentinels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I didn't find much on Thingiverse(unless I don't know the right keywords) but is there a site for 3d printer files for replacement components for old toy lines? My parents still have my old Terrordrome and Space Shuttle sitting around at their house and I sometimes get the urge to try restoring them.