Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Really great job.

You got skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I was highly tempted to buy a Faker today in the He Man line.

First "He Man" toy I seen.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Speaking of, my gf surprised me with the Rerelease Origins He-Man and original Origins Skeletor. She got it exactly right. I have the full sword and good (bad) hair He-Man and the cackling open mouth Skeletor. There's something about that rerelease Skeletor's little smirk that drives me nuts. I'm glad she got the cooler looking one (imo).

She went through all the work to get the exact right versions?

She's a keeper.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Open Marriage Night posted:

The old school blueberry boy, or the Revelations robo boy? I've been seeing the Revelations one all over Target recently, but would love to get the blue one for my friend.

Just now realizing that in Revelations they changed Faker because if He-Man is inspired by Arnold's Conan, it's a good joke to make his doppelganger inspired by Terminator.

Old school version. There were two.

Fair ways away so I'm not often there to see what they got.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I use to believe the whole ex car dealer was the stupidest thing and there was no way such a person could create something like Cobra.

Then the previous four/five years happened and suddenly I get it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Along with many others, he buried quite a few characters in there, including his son!

Yeah he kinda got over the kid after being shot for wanting to have a life with him.

Billy got out though, so did Zartan and Firefly. The rest....they did not die gently.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
They missed a real good opportunity to have a Cobra and GI Joe team member be each others side diplomat.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
On the more affordable list pre orders are up for the new Cobra Officer, he looks pretty darn good.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I so want the Tomax & Xamot ones, I had those for Christmas oh so long ago.

I can still vaguely remember seeing them in packaging and thrill of seeing both.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Apparently Wal-Mart accidentally had these up before yanking.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

iceyman posted:

I never understood the Alley Viper. Why neon camo? Are they an urban swat unit or what?

It was definitely a 90's thing, that was the era of bright loud colors. Look up figures of that era and you'll see it often.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Holy crap those look awesome.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Me during Part 2 of MOTU Revalations. Spoiler, obviously.

He fisted until the very end.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Alley Viper and BAT is popping up at some sites like BBTS, they look good!

I so want the BAT and the Alley Viper despite the 90's colors is still pretty cool too.

Going to Ghostbusters for a moment.......how is it there are toys and yet no slime! Seriously, did slime fall out of favor? Who didn't love the stuff. No slime with a ghostbuster line seems so wrong.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Gripweed posted:

Slime is bigger than ever. There's a slime renaissance going on right now. Kids these days have a variety of slime options that would make your head spin.

Really? It seems so odd there is nothing for Ghostbusters.

Is there any slime that is like the old kinds in the 80's or is it all something different now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The Skystriker has made over 11,000 now so it's done, probably didn't hurt it appears that three Cobra figures were added and some Cobra branded stickers you can put on it.

The three figures being Cobra Commander, and two Cobra troops.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Pitwar posted:

Over the past year or so I've decided to add some action figures to my comic room, and as I'm a huge wrestling fan I thought I'd go with that as a theme.

I last bought wrestling figs as a kid in the early 90's when the Hasbro figures were in shops, but have been concentrating on AEW, NJPW and a few choice WWE figs for my current collection.

I'm definitely going to keep up with the AEW figures as an when wrestlers I like are released, but I'd say I'm up to date with what I want as far as what's already out:

They had some chase figures on the shopaew site with signatures.

They're not cheap but you might want to know about them.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My lady collects Hello Kitty stuff, and my Xmas gift for her this year is this Bandai Gundam/Hello Kitty mash-up model kit. I built it in secret, came up with my own paint scheme, and spent many days weathering and detailing it. Though Kitty is only about 4.5" tall, I wanted to convey as much of a sense of giganticness as I could, so I covered it in dozens of really tiny decals and fine paint details. I actually used the Japanese copyright text off the decal sheet (also by Bandai, sold separately) to accent a few places with random text. I also used a few tiny graffiti decals made for model trains, including one that's a crude drawing of a cat with a bow on its head, and one that says "Jesus rocks" which I thought was a nice Christmassy touch. And then of course I created the miniature environment for it, building up the "landing pad" from the included apple-shaped display stand along with some sprues from the model kit and other random junk. The trees and tiny grasses are store-bought miniature items, the ground underneath is papier mache with some acrylics and craft-store fake water, and lastly the teeny-tiny person (about half an inch tall) was hand-sculpted from modeling putty. The heart-shaped wooden base was from Michaels, finished with acrylic paint. (It probably needed a lot more sanding, but I was pressed for time.) Kitty is actually highly articulated and has several removable accessories.

I see this and think:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Nerd Of Prey posted:

MOTU Origins wave 8 has apparently been announced and there are product images floating around, but BBTS hasn't put up a pre-order yet.

The wave has only three figures listed: Anti-Eternia He-Man, Clawful, and the Horde Trooper.

I'm hoping this is because the cases are going to be packed full to the brim with extra Horde Troopers; that guy is at the top of my wish list, and I want to amass a small army of them. Meaning at least four. The vintage one was one of my favorite toys of all time. I spent hours as a kid hitting the button and making him fall apart. It never gets old! The only downside is I only had one, and those guys are made for army building. The new one retains the action feature; Pixel Dan did a video on the recent exclusive pack with the red and black troopers, and the recolored figures didn't really interest me, but he confirmed they work just like the original one did.

Preview images of the upcoming wave show one interesting difference between the 80s toy and the Origins version: Instead of gray, the standard release trooper is molded in a metallic silver color, and it looks GREAT!

They're also giving him a standard-issue Horde crossbow, which the original didn't have for some reason. I suppose this is Mattel correcting an age-old injustice.

It will be nice to have Clawful, too. I don't want the Anti-Eternia He-Man at all. A standard wave is four figures... I only want two of these, but I want at least four of one of those two, so it kind of evens out...? I'm bad at math.

As much as I want the Origins line to thrive and succeed, it would actually be a beautiful thing if the Horde Trooper ended up being overproduced to the point where you can buy them discounted at Target by the armload. Still waiting for a standard release Grizzlor to be announced, as well as several other classic Horde characters that I remember fondly, but at least we know for sure there's a magnificent silver Horde Trooper coming out, and my Origins She-Ra will one day finally have some robots to explode.

I always loved the Horde Trooper and I so wanted that toy in the 80's. Sadly never saw one.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So has anyone tried the not Centurions made by Ramen

Smaller than the originals but if you always wanted more.

The first batch sold out quick.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
That's disappointing to hear.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

The armor is a little too flexible and the weapons don't attach very well. The alternative heads look a little silly. There's some good reviews as well.

Edit: there's some decent feedback here
https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ramen-toys-centurions.1206536/page-14

Much obliged. I'll take a look .

Centurions were something I loved as a kid, had Ace. Always dreamed about having some of his other sets.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

Dan Larsen (Toy Galaxy) is not very impressed with them

Oof, that's rough but it sounds in line with all the other reviews sadly.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Don't know if anyone used it but Nippon Yasan appears to have closed down. If you were expecting anything or had something charged you might want to talk to your bank.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

I passed the background and drug screen, I was officially hired in at 11am.

Fantastic to hear.

I'm sure you will do great.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Rhyno posted:

I LOVE when people go so hard on army building. It's going to be extremely hard to not buy every Origins Horde Trooper I ever see in stores.

I typically buy one of a figure that I enjoy, though I have bought more than one to beef things up.

1. Zentraedi Battle pods, came with two each having an extra missile option. They were to go with the Glaug aka better known as the Maruader. Boss with two grunts.
2. Aliens, three. Also Alien Queen, Aliens need Aliens damnit.
3. After finally getting the Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge I always wanted there was something missing. Sweeps. So I got two of them.

I know that's not a true army for most but it satisfies my desire for having some troops with the big guys.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
I've seen some G.I.Joe collectors that had similar massive Cobra armies including many vehicles to match.

I always marvel at such things.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Where are you getting the Zentraedi pods and Gluag/Marauder from? I think I may need to spend some money soon!

The ones I got are a number of years old now and the place I got it is out of business. I even got a SLDF-1, the non lighting version.

If you follow any Japanese sites that sell toys you are bound to see such things pop up again, Macross never goes away.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Shiroc posted:

My new Sailor Moon art

Ami:

Minako:

Usagi:

drat man I'm amazed there are any to buy at this point.

Pretty cool. Sailor Moon was huge in Canada.

Also Minako was best girl.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Gripweed posted:

But what does Gojira mean??

It's Godzilla. Gojira is his Japanese name.

It's a combination of gorilla and whale.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Skeletor looks like he took every roid in Eternia for six months to show He-Man what buff looks like.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
To add to the whole Gaiman/McFarlane situation likely was made worse by a letter that got published and answered in the second or third issue of Angela mini.

During this time McFarlane was pushing his toyline, so in the first issue of Angela they showed workers putting the figures together. These people showed all the joy of putting a figure together, as in not much.

This made one reader curious, and he wrote a letter which ended up getting published. He asked about the conditions and if McFarlane was running a sweatshop or not. The person responding which I took to be Gaiman then responded by asking Todd if that was the case, not that we'd get an answer.

That always stuck out to me and was amazed it got published.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Burkion posted:

It's why I'm ride or die with the Super7 lines I'm interested in

Look at this beautiful motherfucker and his dumb chair. This is a display all its own

Missing duct tape on his staff.

What a horrible mistake.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Everyones favorite dentist/mind scrambler bare chested doctor is here

Serpentor incoming

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The best Green Lantern.

Pity it's in one of his later suits, there's a reason why his suit kept changing after the original before finally going back to it.

Not that I know what he is up to these days, every time I see a GL on any cover it's any GL but Kyle.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Some toy lines have infamous bootlegs that are very much sought after.

Life is weird.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Great job on the ribbons, I always associated those with her, it was sort of her trademark. It's weird when she shows and doesn't have them.

I rather like the original Angela figure, yeah, I got it way back when among several other Spawn figures. Sadly, the staff broke.

And yes, it was party Angela.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You did a fantastic job, make no doubt about that. I'm always impressed by the jobs people like yourself do improving a figure, so definitely not complaining about it.

I remember seeing the pictures of the figures before they came out as well, people were going nuts. At the time, the figures were said to be the best ever. That's how they were promoted anyways.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

gregday posted:

I got the electronics and gloves finished for my Rocketeer pack, and scratch-built the replica wooden case from the beginning of the movie to keep and transport it in.

I still need to finish the rest of the outfit, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. I have the left glove controlling the cooling fan, and the right glove controlling the sound+lights for the engines. I'd still like to add some smoke effects.

drat man, that is beyond awesome. Am I full of envy right now? Yes, yes I'am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Absolute perfection.