Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I haven't picked up a figure in years, but happened to see Jedi Revan in a sale last week and had to have it. Then I ordered Snowspeeder Luke because that dang helmet and outfit are the best. I just jumped on today's Admiral Ackbar, Stormtrooper, and Chopper pre-orders.

This stuff is dangerous. Now I'm eyeing a Mignola Batman statue and wishing there was an X-Statix line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I'll send you a PM today. I don't have any Marvel Legends stuff, and want to double check what my favorite characters look like in different waves.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 7, 2020

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

The Marvel Legends First Avenger Captain America + Peggy Carter 2-pack just dropped to $20.99 on Amazon. Looks like that's the cheapest it's ever been. I'm a sucker for that GI Joe-looking Cap, Peggy, and the triangular shield so I grabbed it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I just got a notice that the Black Series Chopper re-release will be delivered on the 1st, which made me happy but also reminded me that there is still no The Client figure. Without a small Werner Herzog my shelf remains forever empty.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Amazon has a Star Wars sale that includes some Black Series, Tamashii Nations Movie Realization, and Bandai model kit figures.

I've been wanting to check out the Bandai stuff for a while so I picked up a Stormtrooper kit for $16 and the R2-D2/C-3PO pack for $31.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Target has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal on some Disney figures, and they currently have Rogue, Gambit, Storm, Cyborg Spider-Man, and Negative Spider-Man all in stock for shipping.

I bought Rogue and two Black Series Probe Droids which are part of the deal and currently on sale for $14.99, which was just enough to make shipping free.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I like the look of the new Marvel Girl, Moira, Magneto, and Modok. Mildly mystifying that my favorite figures start with M.

Actually, I wish Modok had a big dumb cluster of weapons poking over his shoulders.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Is anyone here into Kubricks?

I saw them 10+ years ago and liked the style, but never picked any up. Then today I randomly decided to keep an eye out for the characters I like. The line is appealing to me because they're tiny, cover all sorts of comics and movies (Alien and Amelie!), and seem somewhat attainable. Sure, a lot of them are super expensive, but it feels like I can keep an eye out and catch the stuff I want at a decent price.

I just started by winning an eBay auction for a Batman 5-figure box set, and have my eyes on a similar X-Men box.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 24, 2021

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

As a kid I was obsessed with Starcom, tiny spacemen with visors that flipped up and magnets on their feet. We were pretty poor so I only had the BATTLE CRANE. This had all the thrilling action of space and moving cargo from one location to another. A relaunch of that would be great, though the "The U.S. Space Force" tagline has been soured.

(not my photo, wish I still had it)

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I'm psyching myself up to buy the first wave of those Sam and Max figures by Boss Fight.

They look nice, have lots of accessories, and I'm a fan of the comics + games. It just feels weird to pay $40 each. $20 for a figure already seems indulgent. I also know this would turn into a gateway purchase, making it easier to justify spending $80+ on figures like the Sentinel Fighting Armor Captain America and Mafex Gwenpool I keep looking at.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1376514547046039553
I'm mostly cold on McFarlane stuff, but six inch Batman 66 could be rad. Hope they pull it off.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Hope I can get that new Obi-Wan. My absolute favorite Star Wars costume design is simple robes offset by bits of chunky weathered armor.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I'm not a particularly big fan of Iron Man, but I just ordered the new one from the Mr Hyde BAF line:

The clean retro armor and bold colors look great, especially with those pops of blue from the... A.I. ghost?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Managed to pre-order a rainbow Prototype Boba Fett before they disappeared. Not into the other Retro Collection stuff but this was too funky to pass up.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh my god those madmen are making a Dave Filoni figure

https://twitter.com/yak_face/status/1413530564150312961?s=21
How dare they do this before putting out a Werner Herzog figure.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Last year I won a cheap ebay auction for this 7-figure Hellboy PVC set from 2001. I didn't do any research so I was expecting capsule-sized figures but they're like big chess pieces, and are fairly evocative of Mignola's style. Pretty cool.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

That retro skittles-colored Boba Fett showed up today. Pretty happy with the color combination, not so happy with the enormous sticker Target slapped on the package.

Looking at this in person makes me realize smaller figures look more "right" to me, since all my favorite childhood figures were little. I might wind up grabbing some Vintage Collection stuff, and whatever the Marvel equivalent is. I want a tiny Spider-Man that looks like he's from the 80s but those new Hasbro Retro figures are a little too basic.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

The new Marvel Legends Symbiote Spider-Man and Hobgoblin are right up my alley.

The first time I read a Spider-Man comic was at a friend's house, where he had a pile of old Web Of issues. In particular these covers (which I only recently realized were by Charles Vess) were so evocative that I immediately needed to know more about the character:

So the first Spider-Man costume I saw was the black suit, and I was creeped out by the Hobgoblin before I heard of the Green Goblin. I'm pre-ordering the heck out of these.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Sep 14, 2021

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Are these going to be some type of exclusive or just regular retail?
Apparently they aren't exclusive, and are going up today at 1pm EST. I'm not sure if that means they'll be available on Amazon/BBTS/etc. at the same time, or if the 1pm thing is just when they'll be on Hasbro Pulse.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

https://twitter.com/IamLinkNoZelda/status/1443539704725573635
This is goofy and out of my price range, but of course I want a Hellboy mech named Baron of Hell with "head-mounted light emitting mechanism".

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I'm contractually obligated to buy Space Raylan Givens:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1451610029015109650

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Target just started a Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off sale on select figures, along with a Save 25% On One Toy discount on some items. These both work on their Fantastic Four pre-orders, so I was just able to get The Thing and Invisible Woman for $32 after taxes, with free shipping. Pretty good!

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1481962114017337346
No price or date. Since it's something I actually want I assumed it would cost way too much, but it looks like Moderoids have been fairly affordable in the past.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I had to pick up that new surf shorts Batman.

The articulation and range of motion are even more limited than I expected, but it looks great. Just a bright, goofy figure that captures the spirit of a bright, goofy show.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I got back into figures a few years ago, when I randomly saw the Black Series Jedi Revan from KOTOR. It was in a sale so it was only $13. I couldn't believe how good it looked in person. It's honestly nicer than any Black Series figure I have picked up since then. (Why the heck don't they make HK-47?)

Then I started collecting figures that looked neat if they were $20 or less. When the Black Series and Marvel Legends prices jumped I only bought my absolute favorite characters, or waited for a sale. At the new price point I definitely won't pick anything up unless they shock me with an X-Statix line.

Then again I've spent more than a year trying to talk myself into splurging on Sam & Max or any of the Mafex/Figma that caught my eye. So my wallet is probably pinched shut tighter than most collectors'.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Vaporware posted:

I'm looking for advice from anyone on how to approach selling off parts of a collection.
In addition to what everyone else said, I've always had good experiences on our SA Mart forum. Snap a picture, explain how you're looking to part everything out, and if anyone is interested you can work out the details. No fees for listing/etc.

When it comes to shipping Pirateship is a great resource. Plug in the destination and the size of the package and it finds the best deal, automatically applying any coupons that are out there.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Joe Fisto posted:

If you were interested in these cartoon D&D figures at Target, this is a great deal
They also have $10 off $50, which obviously isn't as good unless you only have a few things you want. I picked up 60th Anniversary Spidey and the Bandai Mandalorian kit.

I totally would have gone for the bigger deal if Mighty Thor and Bag-Man were in stock.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Awesome. I've been hoping for a Bastilla and Malak forever. Love those games, and Jedi Revan is still my favorite Black Series figure.

Still no HK-47, but that HK-87 coming next year looks nice.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

It will probably never happen, but I really want some X-Statix. Mister Sensitive, Dead Girl, Anarchist, Vivisector. I do have (and love) Doop.

It will super never happen, but I also want a naked Mister Sensitive + Tony Stark blades of grass fight 2-pack.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Gripweed posted:

Joytoy going wild

Imperial Fist go-kart and bike

Dang. I haven't picked up anything from this line yet, but I've always been a huge sucker for the Imperial Fists and that Tonka truck yellow armor.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

A lot of McFarlane stuff looks weird but I love Surf Shorts Batman 66 and Witcher 3 Ciri. Got each one on sale too, for only $16 and $12.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Pre-ordered Snake Eyes. I don't have any of the other variations, and I'm a sucker for that color scheme. He could be a Metal Gear Solid V character.

I'm pretty sure they won't be revisiting the Snake Eyes I owned as a kid, in blue armor with funky neon orange swords and a grappling hook launcher backpack.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Blackchamber posted:

The 6" grail knight looks really good
Yeah, for anyone who hasn't seen it:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1674072754075713536
Oh heck I'm going to buy every Last Crusade figure, aren't I? It's always been my favorite movie of the series and these all seem solid.
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1674073131454017536
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1674072457987215362
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1674071868033097740

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Louisgod posted:

drat, when do those Indie figures comes out? They up for pre-order yet? I JUST bought the Lost Ark Indie the other day and clearly need to replace it with the Last Crusade Indie because I am very good with my money.
They go up for pre-order at 1PM EST tomorrow. No exclusives so they should be available everywhere, thankfully.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

True story: When I was a kid I went to the beach with my family, and in the very first scoop of sand with my plastic shovel I unearthed a buried Chuckles figure.

That really hosed up my expectations for finding hidden treasure.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I'm glad I don't have a Wolverine yet. That 97 figure is just about the platonic ideal of the character for me. Bishop looks good too, even if I wish he had a mullet.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Gripweed posted:

G.I. Joe seems like it would be the perfect franchise for a tactical strategy game. Something like X-Com or Fire Emblem, but all your characters are G.I.Joe guys.
It would be a natural fit. You might know this, but the 3DS game Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is as close as you can get without the license. Very Fire Emblem-y with cartoonish modern/near-future military archetype characters.

EDIT: I just looked it up and the main character's name is Duke lol

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 23, 2023

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Target has a sale going on where you save $10 off $50 or $25 off $100 on select toys & games. The new X-Men 97 figures are included, as well as a bunch of Marvel Legends like the new Hawkeye + Sky Cycle, GI Joe, and Black Series. Apparently it's repeatable.

I grabbed Wolverine and Bishop (thankfully my Amazon preorders hadn't shipped yet) along with some other stuff. If you're in Target Circle there's also a Spend $90 Get $10 Credit bonus you can get, but you have to activate it first.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

This looks pretty good for a $22 figure.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1725185456394883434

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I really like the Bishop and Wolverine that I picked up from the first wave, so I'm in for Jean, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops at the very least. Also:
https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1735039372607574081
Scott's smug lopsided grin is perfect.