Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I've only gone hard on Joes recently but I already miss the boxes that had art on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

I have a feeling that stores are cutting back on their brick and mortar stock and intend to focus more on online sales. I don't think either of my targets have had great stock in at least 6 months. Wave comes in, sells out and the pegs stay empty.

This scans. I did a toy crawl to look for Marvel Legends '97 figures for a friend (and actually a friend in this case, I'm working on GI Joes) and hit three Targets and four WalMarts and none of them had any action figure aisles I'd call well stocked. They continually look like they would just post-Christmas.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's this, hasbro's toy sales have been steadily declining, almost as if regular price increases have moved them out of impulse buys, so big box stores are getting more and more gun shy about larger orders.

That's true. I'm still buying stuff but it's getting much less a given and I've already taken a pass on stuff that I would in theory really like, like the '97 X-Men Marvel Legends.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amazon's pushing my retro card Scarlett release date back. :ohdear:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Did you also get 'we'll let you know when we know?'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How much do the Collectors Edition stuff run?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

30 bux. Normal releases are 20 sometimes 25 depending on the store.

That's a big oof. Especially if you're going for more than one line.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

They showed some images of retro Beach Head, Snow Serpent and Corbra Eel. Coming out this summer.

And the retro cards have better looking weapons than the original versions, yeah?

Also I guess I'm on the hook for two Snow Serpents and hope they do a Wolf one day.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Big ATV is big.

Couldn't find the Eel retro but it's virtually the same as the previous release.

With unlimited money I'd absolutely buy four Ferrets to give the Dreadnoks to ride.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I didn't realize the deluxe Snow Serpent - well, I didn't even realize there were deluxe Snow Serpents - came with weird wolf pelt capes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Love the Cobra BMX helmet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

For those who forgot, tomorrow the GI Joe Classified retro of Beach Head, Cobra Eel and Snow Serpent shall be going on pre order.

Ditto with the Cobra Ferret with driver which is pulse exclusive.

When does the Hasbro stuff normally go live?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Aw. The Ferret's Pulse Premium.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Had to laugh at some complaining they sold out after saying they were going to wait on it getting discounted.

I hope they catch a clue if Hasbro decides to do the probably inevitable Stinger.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

I'm half expecting The Stinger to be announced at the Joe event in June.

Curious to see what we get with the Haslab.

It's said that people were asked and shown some concepts of vehicles for a possible Haslab.
If true the selected vehicles were:
The Snowcat
The Thunder Machine.
The Rattler
The Mauler

The Rattler and Mauler would probably be too much for me but they'd be cool. Still would love the Wolf and Wolverine, even if the latter means I probably buy Cover Girl again. Surprised the AWE Striker hasn't been mentioned.

Didn't realize I'd miss Serpentor and woo is he going for a tidy sum on the secondary market. Shame.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Canopus250 posted:

I'm hoping he, Bludd, and Mindbender all wind up with a standard re-release at some point in the near future.

They and a general release for the HISS tank (as Last Call speculated a while back) would all be great. There's four things from HasLab (three Joe, one Transformer)* I missed and I wish they'd come along at better times for me but I'm going to try to make sure that that's the last time I complain about that. Probably won't succeed, but I'll try.

*Admittedly I don't actually know where the Skystriker and Dragonfly would go in my place.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So it's a broad topic but what are the worst figures Classified's done? I saw a lot of folks talking it's Falcon but he doesn't look so bad in pictures.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Dont you dare talk smack about my Willem DaFalcon

"I'm something of a lieutenant myself."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

New tax return Joes roll call:

Airborne
Dusty
Nunchuk
Quick Kick
Recondo
Stalker

Big Boa
Alley Vipers x2
Techno-Vipers x2

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Alley Vipers are really cool. They need more love.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s weird, I don’t like Anguirus at all and I think he’s lame but Baragon is cool and good somehow even though they aren’t that different.

Well you're half right. Baragon is cool but the other half of this post is extremely wrong. :colbert:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So I ordered Falcon before getting a super good look at that head sculpt off eBay and turns out they were sold out so I got a refund. Little blessings.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 9, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm guessing Ramen Toy is a 3P outfit? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZC1aVrBGj8

Supposedly it can not only be the Bridge Layer but the Wolverine and a tank, so maybe the Mauler.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

It works for the Bridge Layer or the Wolverine. But as a tank it's too small.

Yeah, true. Maybe that small tank that was about the Wolverine's size, had four cannons? I forget its name.

Edit: The Armadillo.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Apr 11, 2024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collectibles/Games/920415/g-i-joe-classified-series-137-tiger-force-wreckage-and-tiger-paw-atv

For us Canadians if you want it, there it is.

Go get.

It went up elsewhere very early in the morning and sold out before most people woke up.

Indeed, an acquaintance was saying he got the email notice as a Premium member at 9:20 when it went live at 9.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

No shade if wreckage was your fave. I'm just not a fan of this release.

I get Wreckage I think uses Firefly as the base but he even looks like a weird Cobra character.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Amazon pushed my retro card Scarlett back and don't know when it's coming. Concerning.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

I have one. Grabbed it for ya if you’re interested

Oh, dude, I appreciate it but I found one and Duke at GameStop.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I saw a Classified Chuckles. Is he like an SDCC thing?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Got a notice the Cobra HMS is going to ship soon! I don't have anything to pull it, sadly, but it looks cool.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I loved the Sky Hawk when I was a kid. I'd probably be on the hook for one if they made it.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Man, retro Duke and Scarlett are really good. I think the only one I haven't jumped on is Lady Jaye because I think there I genuinely like the original. Also Baroness because I've got Baroness and the COIL bike and they seem like basically the same, just different guns.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Just got a notice I was charged for the Cobra HMS w/ Techno-Viper. :toot:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

I might put mine by my HISS, I need to reorganize the entire area and move out some stuff I don't care about any more.

It's true, I do need something to pull it. Once again hoping they might retool the VAMP into the Stinger.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

Need to plan around the Dragonfly, so happy it has a stand.

It might be something I'm just telling myself, but in a way I'm glad I don't have to figure out where I'd personally display a Skystriker or Dragonfly and envy folks their space.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Last Call posted:

The size is one of the reasons why they already stated it is not happening. Same with the Flagg.

Yes, people were asking for these.

The Whale's probably too chonky too, huh?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sentinel Red posted:

While I can imagine them doing a basic, blue paint job version of the HISS sans electronics et al, I doubt they will touch that Sentinel ever again. But what they could do is make a new, smaller one based on the awesome MvC design. Hell, make it Mango and I'd buy it in a goddamn heartbeat.

A blue HISS and the driver would suit me down to the ground. I don't need anything else.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

Happy Ghost Rider day to all who celebrate.

I'm focusing on GI Joes so did not partake but as a Pulse Premium member it would have been nice to get literally any kind of warning if I was.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It do look good hitched up to a HISS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This'd look nice on the impulse buy shelf

One day they'll do Night Lords and then I, too, will know fear.