Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Satsuki posted:

It hasn't been released, they just showed samples.
Is it really that hard to actually release a figure? I mean, it can't be that hard as companies do it on a daily basis but for some reason Shocker just can't get the knack for coming up with an idea and sending it through the development lifecycle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Well, I was wondering where I'd find the money to purchase statues and busts. Thank you hasbro helping me out.

Anyone know a good place to get statues and busts? Seriously. Other than bbts.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Fingers McLongDong posted:

so is that x-men mighty mugg wave going to come out in walmart at all or will that be the first TRU marvel wave?

I think the press release said fall, meaning the xmen wave would be regular retailers but don't expect anything that's supposed to come out after SDCC to be in regular stores.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Fish Of Doom posted:

Hot toys is now going the route of hasbro's Star Wars line. The characters who get 2 seconds of screen time are the most wanted.
I don't think it's that as much as Hot Toys just wants to make as much money as possible with the movie Joker so they're putting him in every combination they can.

Be prepared for dangling upside down Joker next.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I saw my first MU's this past weekend from Wolverine Origins series. All I have to say is horrendous. I saw Gambit and Maverick, two figures I was kinda looking forward to and the paint job on both was awful as were the sculpts.

I'll have to see some of the upcoming figures and female figures but I doubt I'll be buying more than 2 or 3 ever.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

You can buy laminate shelves at Menards/Lowes/Home Depot for as little as $7.00 each.

The Wampa line is a Diamond/Online co exclusive. Your local comic shop might have them.
Hasbro has Wampa for sale on their site. They have all of them from that wave except the Imperial Guard. They won't ship until May though but you don't have to pay inflated prices.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah, the only SDCC exclusive I didn't get that I wanted was the Wonder Twins but looks like it's impossible to get into the mattycollector site so no Wonder Twins for me.

Too bad I have a job or I might be able to watch this until I get in.

Edit: Well, lucky me. Looks like i got in and got my Wonder Twins. I'll be damned.

RevKrule fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Aug 3, 2009

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Jack Skeleton posted:

That's usually the way it goes. I'm really questioning how much work I put into getting those god drat Hal Jordans. Yeah, the rings are great, but jesus gently caress did that eat up most of my mornings trying to get the raffle tickets in order to buy one.

They ended up being about two different head variations and nothing more than a paint job.

This is the end conclusion I came to on the Hal Jordans. They were high on my list and then I heard it wasn't first come first served at which point I said gently caress it. I kinda wanted the Green Jordan but other than that, it would have been better if they had different corp members instead of just palette swapped Jordans.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Fish Of Doom posted:

Someone on the MOTU boards posted a picture of some guy who had 3 cases of He-ro's and like 20 of the books, whom was refered to as Scalp-or for the remainder of the convention. The whole Scalp-or story is summed up here
http://www.poeghostal.com/2009/07/attack-of-scalp-or-at-sdcc.html

I gave a friend of mine money to get me a wonder twins. Her report was that it was that the Mattel booth was unorganized chaos. Preview night, there was a line around the floor that didn't move for 4 hours until the convention center closed, some people got "fastpass" tickets to come back the next day some didn't. Apparently the next day, some people running the booth didn't even know what the "fastpass" thing was, whereas some people were turned away for not having a fast pass. Some people waited in line for 30 minutes, some for 5 hours. By the end of the day on Thursday, Mattel had completely sold out of Gleeks and closed down their booth for the entirety of friday. They opened back up on Saturday and were sold out of almost all of the exclusives. They had plenty of blender-arm cyborgs though.

It was apparently complete chaos and she only happened to get me a wonder twins set because she found some guy who had 2 during a panel and flirted with him to buy it from him. Most of the people on other boards said that if they got what they wanted it was by complete happenstance.
Holy crap. And I always thought Hasbro was the big joke. At least I knew I needed a ticket and where to get that ticket from moment one with Hasbro.

I did visit the Mattel booth on Sunday and was able to at least get a Buzz Lightyear without any hassle but by the sounds of it, the whole thing was a massive trainwreck.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Do any of you collect the Eaglemoss lead figurines, particularly the DC ones? How do you like them? I know Blue Beetle (my favorite character) has already come out in the UK, but there are none for sale on eBay or Amazon. Last I heard was that most of these eventually make it to U.S. comic shops via Diamond, and Beetle might be due at some point in September, but they sometimes arrive early. Is there any kind of definitive list of shipping dates, like Diamond usually provides for comics and DC Direct provides for their figures?

I've been collecting these since the Marvel ones first started. Every single one that I've seen released in the UK makes it overseas so don't worry about that.

My LCBS stocks them, however, when I want to know upcoming waves I look at https://www.stuckakid.com for their list. I think I've ordered a couple from them and they've been really good. Give it about a month and I'm sure Blue Beetle will show up, or at least give you some kind of date when he'll show up.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

For people who enjoy little vinyl excitement, Kid Robot released their Futurama blind box minis today.

http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cfm/ID/7770/name/futurama-series

The chase figs are Slurms McKenzie and Sal the Trucker.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

LightsGameraAction posted:

Try pigeon-poo poo white: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kranix/3849600791/

Holy poo poo, $30 for that thing? I saw it at TRU and didn't want it so I didn't even notice the price, but that's $6 than 3 MU figures!

I remember talking to a Hasbro rep at comic-con. He was talking about how they were doing these for the fans and I brought up the price. He talked about how everyone loves the price point and poo poo like that. I brought up that the figures are geared more towards kids and that kids can't afford $8 per figure and the guy came back with "well, they're not the ones buying them, their parents are." After hearing that, I had to leave in disgust. I remember as a kid buying marvel figures with my allowance and to hear Hasbro basically tell me that the same figure I bought as a kid, i'd now have to ask my parents to buy for me because it cost too much was inconceivable in my head.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

rally9x posted:

Didn't your allowance come from your parents already?

Sure it did, but I also did the whole kid thing of mowing lawns and shoveling sidewalks and figures were a hell of a lot cheaper then. I guess my angst comes from being on the parent side of "market towards kids and get them to make their parents to buy it for them" part of the equation. It also bugs the hell out of me that I'm paying more for the MU figures than a GI Joe of comparable size. Hell, they don't even have play-sets or vehicles for these.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That's a few years old, back from when NECA had the Ghostbusters license but only made Slimer, Mr. Stay-Puft, the Terror Dogs, and Gozer. Bill Murray was a dick about releasing his likeness rights, so NECA never made the four Ghostbusters. I think the scale for these will be close enough that they could be displayed with the new Mattel figures, though.

Of course, I'm still not convinced we'll ever see a Venkman from Mattel...

They at least have a prototype for Venkman, I saw it at SDCC. They also said they had rights to his likeness.

It still hasn't been released but at least there's a better shot than the NECA line.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Rhyno posted:

I refuse to buy anything related to Episodes 1-3 or else I would probably have all of them. The only ones I don't have that I want are Leia, Snowtrooper and the IJ Idol.

I'm totally the same way. I haven't missed a single non-episode 1-3 mugg except Duke (didn't want him). I also don't have the SDCC '09 Optimus Prime because it's just a regular Optimus w/sparkly paint. I saw that and immediately took him off my list.

I think I still have some episode 1-3 muggs simply because they came w/other sets that I bought complete (specifically the sets that included Qui-gon Jinn). I kinda wish they'd come out with more, but if they're going to be just store exclusive sets from now on, gently caress that.

I have however turned the ones I own into quite a display piece that I get compliments on constantly. I'll have to see about getting a picture.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

BertramTS posted:

Bit of an outsider here, but my almost 6 year old son has been getting into superheroes and I discovered that Walmarts in Canada just got a whack of the DC Infinte? collection (the 3.75 ones) with Supes, Batman in grey or blue, Jay Garrick, Green Arrow and many others all on for $3. I grabbed anything he might like. Not sure how people feel about these, it seems most are focused on the larger DCU figures.

Actually paid full price for a Blue Beetle at TRU, I'd like him and Booster for myself. I loved the Bwa-Ha League.
It doesn't matter what we prefer, it matters what your son prefers.

As an adult, I can't stand 3.75" figures because the detail is poo poo and I own them for display purposes. As a kid, I loved the gently caress out of them because they all came with accessories and were small enough to fit in my pocket if i was going somewhere.

Most people are focused on the larger figures because the waves are smaller and there's a more limited supply so you're chasing a lot of figures. A lot of the talk is about when are they released, where are they released and does anyone want to trade. That doesn't mean people don't like the smaller ones, they're just more easily accessible.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

The Rage posted:

Has there been a Kyle figure yet?

There's a three pack coming out w/him as parralax.
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/2/6/0/2/DCU-375-something_00005_1266207579.jpg

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Mattel's SDCC offerings: http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/04/mattel-comic-con-exclusives-announced-on-attack-of-the-show

Plasticman actually sounds like he could be awesome.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Not mentioned in previous linked article. Mego style Real Ghostbuster:
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/todays-mattel-sdcc-exclusive-reveals

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Entertainment Earth kinda announced Bif Bang Pow!'s SDCC exclusives (at least the lost related ones).

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=15721

MEGO Style Man in Black and Jacob and a bobblehead Claire.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Final Matty SDCC exclusives announced:

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=15732

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Whorehey posted:

Does anyone have any decent pictures of the C2E2 exclusive Black Lantern Hal and White Lantern Sinestro action figures that were raffled off? A friend of mine informed me last night that he won and bought a set for me. As happy as I am that my friend decided to sell me them at cost rather than turning them on Ebay for some ludicrous amount, I have yet to find a decent picture of the figures. This friend of mine won't be able to get these two figures to me for a few weeks so my curiosity is growing. I can only find pictures of the packaging, which shows the figure from the torso up.
The C2E2 ones are the same as the WonderCon ones.

Here's AFP's extremely comprehensive look:
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/04/dc-direct-wondercon-2010-exclusive-hal-jordan-and-sinestro

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

SDCC Exclusive Time:
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2010/05/hasbro-marvel-san-diego-comic-con-exclusives-press-pics-toyfare-155

All are Marvel Universe Figures.
19" Galactus that lights up.
Age of Thunder Thor
Ultimate Capt America

I can't be the only one getting sick of Cap. I know he's awesome and everything but we don't need a billion versions of him. I understand sending a billion versions to market but for SDCC, try and pick something a little more imaginative I guess.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Bushifox posted:

Yeah. always give us first crack.

Also, I think that she-ra figure coming out tommorow means I'll be making my first mattycollector purchase. What time do these normally come out?

MOTUC figures always sell out almost instantly. Everything else usually lasts a day+.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I had She-Ra. I had her in my cart like 5 times and every single time it would time out somewhere along the way forcing me to put everything back in the cart. Now I can't seem to even get it to process my credit card. gently caress I hate Matty some days.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

For SDCC people, you can now pre-order your matty collector exclusives from their site:
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.4381636409

Plasticman is sold out as of this post but everything else is there.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Please note! These are only pre-orders. They supposedly only put up a very limited amount of supply for early sales. You will still have an opportunity to get a Starro or Plasticman or Orko at SDCC if you're going. This was only for a chance to not have to wait in line for any of Mattel's offerings.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

profbobo posted:

I, uh ... I may have a problem.
Hot Toys was created by debt collectors you know. It was made to create such awesome products that they are forced into debt, giving an entire other industry life.

Little known fact, it wasn't credit default swaps that ruined the economy, it was Hot Toys announcement of another Joker figure that's even better than all the other ones. Everyone had to buy it and went into the hole for it, bankrupting the country.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I'd love it if someone could keep an eye out for another Zatanna for me as well.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Pretty Hat Machine posted:

Who needed Zatanna

Oooh, I did I did.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Matty's holiday gift to the press:
http://thefwoosh.com/2010/12/the-gray-ghost-2010-mattel-holiday-card

I want it so bad :(

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

My comic shop is charging $20 apiece for the Arkham Asylum figures and I was willing to pay it. Come to think of it, I think they charge $20 for all the DC Direct figures they get in.

$20 is retail price on them.

My comic shop got them in but Harley was smashed to poo poo and the packaging was just destroyed so they sent it back to get more. Hopefully they'll get more :/

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

funtax posted:

The IKEA Detolf seems to be pretty popular. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to get them aside from actually going to an IKEA store. I've been trying to find alternatives for a while, but nothing seems to come close in terms of price and/or quality.

It looks like you can order it online, it just costs more than product price to ship it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Sanschel posted:

Muggs were awesome, but they are the perfect example of a flash in the pan fad. Never have people been so eager to put things on their shelves and then immediately store them away.

If they wanted to, Hasbro could have stretched the line out over years and developed quite a following, had they been wiser in their release schedule. Instead, they blew their wad in about a year; they gave in to the surprisingly ravenous fan response and the line died as a result.

Let's not forget the fact they announced Toys R Us would be the exclusive supplier of them and then had no release schedule for said exclusive supplier.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Ka0 posted:

Holy crap my MU Galactus just arrived and it's X-Box huge. It won't even fit my lightbox for pictures. Plenty of voice clips, it's rather nice.

SDCC sees the release of a Sentinel in Galactus sized quality. Like last years SDCC it'll be on a card and have a general non-carded release later this year/early next year.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

bbts usually has Hot Toys and usually at like 10% discount. The difference between them and sideshow is sideshow usually gets an exclusive run with a special item along with the general run.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Bushifox posted:

What time do mattycollector put out their new things? Thinking of grabbing a dcuc and motuc tommorow.

New things always come out at 9 AM PDT. If there's a hot item on the list, you'll end up refreshing a whole lot but I've never not gotten through within the first 15-20 minutes.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Satsuki posted:

I can't think of any MOTUC at this point I would need any more of so that grab bag was a big pass.

If they plan on doing this as an easy way of clearing old stock though, they should have probably front loaded this send out with way awesome stuff so that the internet buzz gets out there then they can gently caress the next batch.

Why bother? They sold out of all 3 packages in under an hour anyway.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Guardians of the Galaxy are getting Marvel Universe figures. Star-lord and Drax come on their own but the absolute surprise and must have here is Rocket Raccoon. Not only is it a loving Rocket Raccoon figure, it comes with a Groot in a pot!

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Marvel_Universe_Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_Revealed_139153.asp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

This is amazing:

quote:

Court Papers Served On Shocker Toys At Their Own San Diego Comic Con Panel

Yesterday at San Diego Comic Con, Shocker Toys held a panel. Bleeding Cool tagged it as a possibly controversial one. And so it turned out to be. Because as well as attracting an audience of fans of the companies toys, it also received a visit from one upset over allegations of non payment to Shocker Toys creators.

And, possibly a first, one Jim Macquarrie, who has been involved in a number of cases trying to secure creators’ payment and rights, served Geoff Beckett of Shocker Toys with court papers.

Jim later posted on Facebook; “Got the pleasure of serving court papers on a guy who thinks paying his artists is optional. In the middle of his panel at Comic-Con. Kind of a jerk move, but he’s kind of a jerk guy. Shocker Toys.”

Shocker Toys have been a controversial company over the delivery of product and the contracts for the toys they sell, but some opinion had moved in their favour of late. If there are public issues of payment, then that could swing the other way.

Here’s a look at their exclusive Tick toy, out exclusively for San Diego Comic Con…

Link: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/22/court-papers-served-on-shocker-toys-at-their-own-san-diego-comic-con-panel